Testing 1-2-3-4, Testing

Well we still have the 2 self watering bucket plants for this journal. I got just slightly over 5 oz. on the MC / Cal Mag Plant & 4 oz. + 4 gr. from the Calculations Plant. Still waiting on SoHum to dry. So far there's nothing to brag about.... lol. Well.... Other than the smoke "Kicks Butt". The very first plants I jarred are really starting to smell good now. I open the jar & immediately get hit with that strong pungent odor. 2 more weeks & a few jars should be prime.
Anyways, lets update these buckets.
Here is what was the SoHum Bucket Plant. Well Surprise, Surprise... She still looks like she could yield 5-6 oz. Amazing after how bad she was looking. I expected maybe 3 oz.
15-458   7-26-22.JPG
15-459   7-26-22.JPG
15-460   7-26-22.JPG
15-461   7-26-22.JPG
15-462   7-26-22.JPG

I'd say she has a good 3 weeks to go. Not seeing any Red Hairs yet.

Well we still have the 2 self watering bucket plants for this journal. I got just slightly over 5 oz. on the MC / Cal Mag Plant & 4 oz. + 4 gr. from the Calculations Plant. Still waiting on SoHum to dry. So far there's nothing to brag about.... lol. Well.... Other than the smoke "Kicks Butt". The very first plants I jarred are really starting to smell good now. I open the jar & immediately get hit with that strong pungent odor. 2 more weeks & a few jars should be prime.
Anyways, lets update these buckets.
Here is what was the SoHum Bucket Plant. Well Surprise, Surprise... She still looks like she could yield 5-6 oz. Amazing after how bad she was looking. I expected maybe 3 oz.
15-458   7-26-22.JPG
15-459   7-26-22.JPG
15-460   7-26-22.JPG
15-461   7-26-22.JPG
15-462   7-26-22.JPG

I'd say she has a good 3 weeks to go. Not seeing any Red Hairs yet.
WoW that's a beast. :adore:
I'd say 4 more, min.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

It's going to Break my Heart & Thrill me to Death at the same time to chop this gal up. I think I fell in Love.... lol.
I think this is the biggest plant I've ever grown. I've had a few good ones in the past, but I don't remember them looking like this. I'm hoping she breaks my record of 11.1 oz. from a single plant. I'm thinking she will. Some of her side branches have Colas like the Tops on my other plants. I'll be tying all those side branches up this weekend as they are starting to sag. Her hairs are starting to crinkle a little & there's just a few red hairs so far. I'm sure she has at least 2 more weeks. Maybe more as I'm shooting for 20% - 25% Amber on her.
15-463   7-26-22.JPG
15-464   7-26-22.JPG
15-465   7-6-22.JPG
15-466   7-26-22.JPG
15-467   7-26-22.JPG
15-468   7-26-22.JPG
15-469   7-26-22.JPG

I like big women :) she's a monster and looking great!
Second this. Lol.

And awesome harvest.... 9 oz is nothing to shake a stick at....that's great in my book.

And your bucket plant is gonna me massive in two weeks... She looks huge now. :goodjob:

Second this. Lol.

And awesome harvest.... 9 oz is nothing to shake a stick at....that's great in my book.

And your bucket plant is gonna me massive in two weeks... She looks huge now. :goodjob:
Yeah, I know you're right about 9 oz. but I have to keep setting my goals higher or I'll get lazy & just settle.... lol.

I was intro'd to your grow by Azimuth, Buds, and it is very nice to make your acquaintance. I managed to read through the thread in an evening, and, boyo boy... things got a little testy back there a few pages ago! Most importantly, and I respect you are not being uber public about this but it's not in me to not to express something this heartfelt; I wish your wife a speedy recovery and long, wonderful life with her new set of air tanks. If you take care of her anywhere near as well as you do those plants I'd say her chances are as good as they come, indeed better. I'm growing in DIY sub-irrigated planters made from nested 17and 27 gal tuff totes. I use 60% peat, 40% perlite with minor dry amendments like homemade RWCastings, dolomite, aged chicken manure, and I buffered my peat with a blue clay I dug up at home to try and increase cation exchange. I fertigate mainly with MC 2 part, I fill my 6 gallon res with it mixed 170ppm N, at 10-5-10, at the moment, in early veg. Decidedly non-traditional I realize. Thought maybe us sub-irrigated planter folk ought to know each other. There appears to be something special about this method. Well done.

I was intro'd to your grow by Azimuth, Buds, and it is very nice to make your acquaintance. I managed to read through the thread in an evening, and, boyo boy... things got a little testy back there a few pages ago! Most importantly, and I respect you are not being uber public about this but it's not in me to not to express something this heartfelt; I wish your wife a speedy recovery and long, wonderful life with her new set of air tanks. If you take care of her anywhere near as well as you do those plants I'd say her chances are as good as they come, indeed better. I'm growing in DIY sub-irrigated planters made from nested 17and 27 gal tuff totes. I use 60% peat, 40% perlite with minor dry amendments like homemade RWCastings, dolomite, aged chicken manure, and I buffered my peat with a blue clay I dug up at home to try and increase cation exchange. I fertigate mainly with MC 2 part, I fill my 6 gallon res with it mixed 170ppm N, at 10-5-10, at the moment, in early veg. Decidedly non-traditional I realize. Thought maybe us sub-irrigated planter folk ought to know each other. There appears to be something special about this method. Well done.
It's my first go at it, but surely not my last. Still got 5 plants in Plastic & Cloth pots in my shed. Soon as they finish I'm starting 3 in the Buckets. Few more weeks to go.
Just finished tying up about 20 branches that were sagging on the big girl. Sticky & pungent :yummy:

Hey all, I got some new pics to post. Working on resizing them at the moment so that will be later today. But I forgot to post the Harvest from the Ex - SoHum Plant. Just a little over 4.5 oz. from her. Haven't tried this one yet but it's pretty dense & sticky. See you guys later with more of an update.
15-475 (2).JPG
15-476 (2).JPG
15-477 (2).JPG

Hi Buds! @Azimuth pointed me at your thread. He said you were having a good experience with SIPs. Yes, I see that you are!
Hahaha, may I please crash your party, and raid the popcorn? I will need something to munch on until I can catch up on my reading....
Golden Girl is looking Great! Until I can catch up, is she a Golden Canary? Or something else?

Hey all, I got some new pics to post. Working on resizing them at the moment so that will be later today. But I forgot to post the Harvest from the Ex - SoHum Plant. Just a little over 4.5 oz. from her. Haven't tried this one yet but it's pretty dense & sticky. See you guys later with more of an update.
15-475 (2).JPG
15-476 (2).JPG
15-477 (2).JPG

Oooh, YUM!! :yummy:

Oooh, YUM!! :yummy:
This started out a 5 way comparison grow. All 5 plants were Clones from the same Mother. But things started going south on me so had to change everything up to save the plants. But this grow is how I found out what SIP buckets could do. In fact I ordered 3 more Grow Bucket sets yesterday for my next grow. I'll be doing 6 of them next time. So far I'm sold on these buckets. The thing I'm questioning is.... If you get a Toxicity how do you flush it out ? I see no way to do it.

This started out a 5 way comparison grow. All 5 plants were Clones from the same Mother. But things started going south on me so had to change everything up to save the plants. But this grow is how I found out what SIP buckets could do. In fact I ordered 3 more Grow Bucket sets yesterday for my next grow. I'll be doing 6 of them next time. So far I'm sold on these buckets.

I am looking forward to reading your thread! Time is always very scarce, so I may have to work it in, but it looks exciting!
I saw what looked like side-by-side comparison plants, and it was impressive!
Plus if there is any way to save time, that is always welcome!!

The thing I'm questioning is.... If you get a Toxicity how do you flush it out ? I see no way to do it.

Sorry, I am a newbie grower, and have not had time to read your thread yet... but what kind of toxicity?
Are you putting supersoil in the pots, or regular soil?

I am looking forward to reading your thread! Time is always very scarce, so I may have to work it in, but it looks exciting!
I saw what looked like side-by-side comparison plants, and it was impressive!
Plus if there is any way to save time, that is always welcome!!

Sorry, I am a newbie grower, and have not had time to read your thread yet... but what kind of toxicity?
Are you putting supersoil in the pots, or regular soil?
I did 1 in a Fabric Pot & 1 in a Bucket with SoHum Super Soil in the bottom 3rd of them as I was instructed by someone.
Those 2 plants became a nightmare even feeding Re-Charge at 5 gr. per gal. every feeding. They were the reason the comparisons failed pretty much. Had to go back to using nutes to save them. Later found out it should have been 2/3rds of Super Soil or even all Super Soil. Expensive lesson at $52 a bag of soil.... lol.
But the plants in FFOF with Mega Crop did much better. On 1 plant I used Nutrient Equivalent Calculations using Nitrogen, Cal-Mag, Silica & Mega Crop. The other just Mega Crop. Surprisingly the just Mega Crop did the best. That's also what was used on the big SIP girl. I've had to go up to 6.5 grams per gal. with her as she kept yellowing. I'm also adding Cal-Mag now as LED's in Flower seem to make it necessary.

Back
Top Bottom