Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dani ...nice looking grow ...hasn’t this weather been awesome? I for one am loving it, what a way for the season to close out. All ready thinking of next year...good grow-good show... Vancouver Island rocks. From your fuller lake neighbour

65F3D066-1599-4CA1-99D1-DC7D2EEEFFCC.jpeg

D4C6C2C7-E7C3-4BEF-9093-8AE7FE7BA54C.jpeg

26358B20-19F4-4ABD-9B8B-82C3FE7A94B8.jpeg

FE1C57AB-5F06-4DB1-A3D3-F7EE2A119615.jpeg

Hey Dani ...nice looking grow ...hasn’t this weather been awesome? I for one am loving it, what a way for the season to close out. All ready thinking of next year...good grow-good show... Vancouver Island rocks. From your fuller lake neighbour

D4C6C2C7-E7C3-4BEF-9093-8AE7FE7BA54C.jpeg

26358B20-19F4-4ABD-9B8B-82C3FE7A94B8.jpeg

FE1C57AB-5F06-4DB1-A3D3-F7EE2A119615.jpeg

Hey Jonny,
Thanks for stopping by brother and may I say what a beautiful lady you got there my friend.

She is looking very impressive :bravo: that’s a big chunky one, and the weather tell me about it what a blessing dry sunny and extended every week. Incredible finish if we pull it off like this till the end the yields are gonna be impressive. Almost no PM no rot no mold it’s all dry.

Care to share a little about what you got growing? And how many days till harvest?

:passitleft:

Absolutely: I have a small gathering of Bubba Kush growing in a super soil mix .. 3 of them are 6’ and a bit and 4’ across.. I’m Just riding this weather and praying for more,I don’t think that I will get more weight, But they sure are starting to pile on the icing sugar. All that glitters is not gold”” couple more pics for ya..

5C6D3123-BD93-430B-8F7A-E1E49800B28D.jpeg

62BE2BD0-6540-4FEE-9C0D-2F8A673517E0.jpeg

5935A67C-2CF5-4014-AEA8-77E042D4927E.jpeg

502988D1-B6A0-43D1-BDA6-143B198CE011.jpeg

Finally a bud to test.
Halelu-Jah thank bud gods !!!

C1272BE4-1F88-41C7-BCC2-396216F9476A.jpeg
E126C3B3-D9F1-4898-B2B0-041C7365E957.jpeg

Smells and looks like outdoors. Let’s see how it smokes

:lot-o-toke:
Looks like old school sativa from back in the day.
Seriously sticks and all. :rofl:
Pretty cool.:thumb:
Hope you enjoyed it.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Absolutely: I have a small gathering of Bubba Kush growing in a super soil mix .. 3 of them are 6’ and a bit and 4’ across.. I’m Just riding this weather and praying for more,I don’t think that I will get more weight, But they sure are starting to pile on the icing sugar. All that glitters is not gold”” couple more pics for ya..

5C6D3123-BD93-430B-8F7A-E1E49800B28D.jpeg

62BE2BD0-6540-4FEE-9C0D-2F8A673517E0.jpeg

5935A67C-2CF5-4014-AEA8-77E042D4927E.jpeg

502988D1-B6A0-43D1-BDA6-143B198CE011.jpeg

Thanks for sharing Jonny, wow you got some superb cultivars, they are looking incredible and you got some heavy top spears :bravo:

Well let’s keep praying for more sun and dry days cause we gotta get that solid finish.

Do you have a journal of your grow? If so I would love to check it out; specially your super soil mix.

Have a good weekend
:peace:

Looks like old school sativa from back in the day.
Seriously sticks and all. :rofl:
Pretty cool.:thumb:
Hope you enjoyed it.
Take care.

Stay safe

they look old school for sure, I love old school outdoor buds. And this little guy was bottom popcorn buds I didn’t wanna spoil the top grade buds I rather wait.

I put the buds in the freezer for 3 days and then I put them on top of my electri heater for a couple hours (I think they decarb from the heat), they became smokable and gave me 2 king size rolled joints I smoked one in the morning WOW it came up like a creeper but the high is head with minimal body, not at all harsh for something with no cure, but long lasting holly I was medicated all day and finished my work day with the second joint.

I can’t wait for the big harvest!

Hope you are having a good one Bill, keep ‘‘em dry and warm we are almost there.

Good weekend
:smokin:

Hey Dani . Not so much on the grow journal , That is to say that I don’t write things down, guess I have been doing it for so long I just keep an eye out for the burps and farts that come as the season progresses.It all Just rolls around in my head..Have a bunch of pics from end of May when I take them out and stick them in their holes .The soil is a basic mix of 2 bails of promix HP a pound of blood meal, another of bone meal same for kelp, mix in 1big bag of quality potting soil I use 3 bags each of mushroom,chicken,sheep and steer manure throw in a couple lbs of worm casting..all can be picked up at Buckerfield’s Duncan,if you’re close or any local farmers feed store. You can google super soil and get a couple of variations,The bat guano is to expensive for what it is... This is a good time of year to mix it all together and let it sit to break down a bit, but give it a 6 weeks at least. It will work out to 2 five gal pales for each hole/pots (your preference ) x 6 holes,,Im going to double that for next year to 4 buckets per.(Bigger roots-Bigger fruits)”” start my seeds in mid to late March, Just in the front sun room ,room temperature at night.I just go with natural hrs of light, You could supplement with artificial, But don’t go beyond 13 hours so that you don’t induce flower when put out in spring. ( U can if just using bag seed, to sex them early,get rid of them damn males ) ... Here are some pics of the progression from May 30 when I put them out this year. A little late but it was a cool wet spring..pics are approximately 2 weeks apart..

CFB8F129-3545-4BC5-BEA6-12242B0A1325.jpeg

62C156EF-634A-43C4-91A9-F4BBCB743B73.jpeg

9A916DA4-97EA-40E0-8B9A-A862815FB0DB.jpeg

B04FA119-50C7-422C-B5D5-8E12A832D09E.jpeg

4BDBAA32-FBC1-4479-964E-03FF607EC49C.jpeg

8E3D50C4-1DE1-4CBE-9F6B-7549085A560B.jpeg

D71A01AC-0991-49FD-843C-43CFCEB56958.jpeg

they look old school for sure, I love old school outdoor buds. And this little guy was bottom popcorn buds I didn’t wanna spoil the top grade buds I rather wait.

I put the buds in the freezer for 3 days and then I put them on top of my electri heater for a couple hours (I think they decarb from the heat), they became smokable and gave me 2 king size rolled joints I smoked one in the morning WOW it came up like a creeper but the high is head with minimal body, not at all harsh for something with no cure, but long lasting holly I was medicated all day and finished my work day with the second joint.

I can’t wait for the big harvest!

Hope you are having a good one Bill, keep ‘‘em dry and warm we are almost there.

Good weekend
:smokin:
My kind of high, sounds great for my fav wake n bake.👍 Great job bro.

Hey Dani . Not so much on the grow journal , That is to say that I don’t write things down, guess I have been doing it for so long I just keep an eye out for the burps and farts that come as the season progresses.It all Just rolls around in my head..Have a bunch of pics from end of May when I take them out and stick them in their holes .The soil is a basic mix of 2 bails of promix HP a pound of blood meal, another of bone meal same for kelp, mix in 1big bag of quality potting soil I use 3 bags each of mushroom,chicken,sheep and steer manure throw in a couple lbs of worm casting..all can be picked up at Buckerfield’s Duncan,if you’re close or any local farmers feed store. You can google super soil and get a couple of variations,The bat guano is to expensive for what it is... This is a good time of year to mix it all together and let it sit to break down a bit, but give it a 6 weeks at least. It will work out to 2 five gal pales for each hole/pots (your preference ) x 6 holes,,Im going to double that for next year to 4 buckets per.(Bigger roots-Bigger fruits)”” start my seeds in mid to late March, Just in the front sun room ,room temperature at night.I just go with natural hrs of light, You could supplement with artificial, But don’t go beyond 13 hours so that you don’t induce flower when put out in spring. ( U can if just using bag seed, to sex them early,get rid of them damn males ) ... Here are some pics of the progression from May 30 when I put them out this year. A little late but it was a cool wet spring..pics are approximately 2 weeks apart..

CFB8F129-3545-4BC5-BEA6-12242B0A1325.jpeg

62C156EF-634A-43C4-91A9-F4BBCB743B73.jpeg

9A916DA4-97EA-40E0-8B9A-A862815FB0DB.jpeg

B04FA119-50C7-422C-B5D5-8E12A832D09E.jpeg

4BDBAA32-FBC1-4479-964E-03FF607EC49C.jpeg

8E3D50C4-1DE1-4CBE-9F6B-7549085A560B.jpeg

D71A01AC-0991-49FD-843C-43CFCEB56958.jpeg

Nicely done Jonny, the stalk on those plants was huge even at early veg, that soil mix works for sure. Buckerfields is eaxctly where I got the same Sheep and mushroom manure with some organic compost. I dont have a formula for soil but I am working on it for next year. I decide to go full on seaweed fertilizer this year, I had several spots around Nanaimo where I harvest rockweed and fermented it to later used it to water my plants. I also see you did some LST.
:thumb:
When you do your soil mix, do you just use plain water after that? or later in the grow you supplement some nutrients ?

Love the Pea shoots on the last photo.

On my week update I have some good news, after long inspection with the mothers I found that the Xenomorph is showing all the signs of being ready any time. All after this is gains, the many top buds are getting really fat and the worry of possible mold or rot forming inside the bud is a possibility, the good news is the weather is dry and sunny again another week, so I have decided to check her again next week putting us mid October (way past breeders suggested harvest time).

The sativa domiant phenos are budding, Personal sativa is going at it fast, faster than Dutertes Nightmare. Both are exciting and a real challange so Im still debating how to finish them, my friend is waiting to chop his plants so I might be lucky enough to house the 2 sativas in his greenhouse later this month.

The chunky skunk well cant deny she is not the happiest but after the longest grow season i've ever had... Im ok with not having her at the peak, Im taking it in and letting her do what ever she can, the buds are getting bigger and some leaf despite being yellow are not sick or dead. So who gives... I will see how she smokes and chill.

Tha anticipation is building up, I really want to close this grow so I can relax and not have to commute every week to see my plants.
Today I used same watering for the roots seaweed/fern/yarrow, all I have left is 2 more servings after that I wont be making anymore liquid fed for the rest of the season. I also did foliar with non diluted Willow JMS, on the foliar also I have stop producing new since I getting ready to close the chapter and chill.

I wont run the numbers of the past 2 months of the grow just because I would probably hit a 200$ an Oz of dry product making this bud probably the most expensive bud Im gonna be smoking this winter. Organic weed man Its so expensive...
The real gain would be that male and the possible crosses that come out of it, seeds and buds! Not bad.

Personal Sativa

Personal Sativa Outdoor .jpg
Personal Sativa Bud on Sativa dominant pheno.jpg
Top bud on Sativa dominant pheno outdoors.jpg

She looks like a Haze, but I have no clue. It would be nice to trace the genome of this plant. Later I will do a post to share how I came up with this cross. Have you ever heard of Super Male Pollen? Ever had a Male hermi to female? well this plant comes from a seed that was a result of a Mexican Male turn hermie and produced female flowers pollinating a Jamaican pheno, this is the result. I did this cross in one of my very early journals probably 2013-2015.

Dutertes Nightmare
For this one I just gotta wait, she is on autopilot. Green healthy and growing. Not much to report. Resiliant pheno.
Dutertes Nightmare tropical sativa.jpg
Dutertes Nightmare sativa dominant.jpg
Dutertes Nightmare bud structure 2.jpg
Dutertes Nightmare bud structure 3.jpg
Dutertes Nightmare bud structure.jpg
Outdoor grow late finish.jpg

Hey Dani yes Just water and a compost tea once a week/10 days ..(its loaded with all the beneficial bacteria,microbes,etc.) The web of life as it where. Later when in bud you can amend with the higher potassium and phosphorus. You will have a few months to read up before we get starting the new crop ..Just try to stick with articles pertaining to super soil and living soil.stay clear of the salts,,Don’t need them and they actually kill the soil,.let the ground do the work. No mixing no more ca$h layout no over or under feeding. Oh and when starting seedlings just plain old potting soil. I sprout and put them straight into 2gal. Pot .5-6 weeks later straight to their new home.

Plants look good buddy..nothing like growing your own stone...didn’t know you had to commute to visit your ladies..if your spot is in a Secure location try to use half 50 gal. Barrels..or dig in ( BIG Roots are the secret) I have been checking out the net for some ( what they call early Sativa) not auto. She a harder plant to finish here given we typically have wet weather later in our season.. touché my man you pulled it off... love the high of Sativa

Xenomorph
Not much to say just a photo dump. Enjoy
Durban Poison aka Xenomorph pheno days from harvest.jpg
Durban Poison buds on stick ourdoor organic.jpg
Durban Poison Close up bud.jpg
Durban Poison Lower bud purple calyx.jpg
Durban Poison pheno top buds.jpg
Durban Poison purple bud outdoor organic.jpg
Durban Poison side branch close to finish.jpg
Durban Poison top bud .jpg
Durban Poison top bud close up.jpg
Durban Poison tops only.jpg
You have done on heck of a job there. :welldone:
That's been a lot of work all summer.
And not only did you make it they are fantastic. :thumb:
Brilliant garden.
A little bit of warm weather and your set.
Happy Thanksgiving my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe

You have done on heck of a job there. :welldone:
That's been a lot of work all summer.
And not only did you make it they are fantastic. :thumb:
Brilliant garden.
A little bit of warm weather and your set.
Happy Thanksgiving my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe

Thanks buddy I do appreciate the kind words, I’m wondering if that first puff on these buds is just gonna make cry or smile ?
😂
Probably give me the munchies to be honest…

It’s been a heck of a ride but I am happy and ready to take a break, re think my whole setup for next year’s outdoor challenge.

Hoping you guys out East get some dry sunny days it’s just better that way.

Happy thanksgiving Bill
:passitleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom