Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up on the last post, pictures of the male and the crew.

668589CE-31DD-483C-8E62-919CED01C780.jpeg
CCA034CE-311C-4D54-BFA5-45F10A4803AF.jpeg
A3FB64E0-3BF6-41E9-B145-28528317AAAA.jpeg
F7ED42F9-64D9-4CE5-A7AD-6B5897CB017E.jpeg
61A13F5B-9C7A-4D76-94D9-3CDA2981422E.jpeg

This is using flash on the phone. VV
6C90B494-DFF3-4597-AD2A-C0ABEA5908BC.jpeg
F647DA90-5D1A-46A3-938B-6A530220C688.jpeg
D9ACDCED-04DD-4106-A5A3-678E57CDC75C.jpeg
DEE22825-E7D0-4DBD-8F75-1C271A375BC3.jpeg
6F24BFC7-0625-4632-847E-533B1617BFD1.jpeg

The clones

Here it is another week has passed and these clones seem to be heading strong to the rest of their adventure. I’m happy every time I see them green and healthy. The buds are happening, and in what a great way. Seems like each pheno has a particular look and it’s awesome. The male open it’s pollen clusters and ideally the pollination is happening or happened. I will be back on Sunday for forced pollination and other details.

Things are good here, counting days for a first harvest here.

Xenomoprh pheno in pot
3A0F67EE-51F2-4826-8AB2-2577EA7B0094.jpeg

0679A6A1-55CA-4911-8B66-4E087BEAC941.jpeg
2A44C7A5-0BEB-4A46-A2C8-72547A23E81C.jpeg

Xenomoprh pheno in ground
6E5158CB-26E5-44C9-B765-1BE7FF94C2CB.jpeg
AB9E1E4A-AE20-45A0-A249-7916605DBAE4.jpeg
1C819708-1566-4C22-B310-1B6CE86E4DF4.jpeg

Personal Sativa phenos
9DD52749-78D1-4689-B8C2-DE2F7007DB9F.jpeg
00E3CC56-5C2D-47D2-B2E8-059E6BDF0ABF.jpeg
2DC20B0F-3786-44E7-9422-24DD63B46FC6.jpeg
B141817E-5B3C-4587-A1BA-6C338EA396BE.jpeg
Beautiful grow Danish, I sure love a good Sativa nothing better for wake n bake. 😍

Beautiful grow Danish, I sure love a good Sativa nothing better for wake n bake. 😍
No doubt,

best smoke ever for me was Brainstorm haze and a coffee in the morning, HOLLY Sh8ts better have a busy day planned after that you wont stop doing things. I always smoke sativas in the morning just makes my day better.

wake n bake
:tommy:

No doubt,

best smoke ever for me was Brainstorm haze and a coffee in the morning, HOLLY Sh8ts better have a busy day planned after that you wont stop doing things. I always smoke sativas in the morning just makes my day better.

wake n bake
:tommy:
Wow that’s so funny me too, I brew a pot of M.house 100% Colombian and load up my 1 hiter. Lately it’s been Dispensary Durban Poison (not impressed) and sit on my deck + read my Chicago Sun Times. Usually after the paper I catch up on @420 Magazine’s latest happenings. CL🍀

Nice ladies and interesting pollenators.

What do you have in mind?

I wish I had more land to experiment with non-sexed seeds and try my own blends. I love the way you experiment to break the barriers, Dani!

Cheers!

Thanks Scott. Im happy how its turning out, more expensive but the reward is far more than I thought. I might be getting seeds, lot of them if they can manage to mature fast enough before the frost.

Im planning on harvesting some buds and leave some to be pollinated. For next year follow up grow.

I like experiments, keeps my mind busy. Im working on a small setup for this winter, see of I can try some of these seeds.

:passitleft:

Another week has passed and it’s looking great, the season is still hanging there solid dry and free of mayor issues. Here is the break down;

I went out yesterday to collect the pollen, after a long long inspection the clones have been pollinated let’s say vigorously trying by to keep it at the lower parts of the plants. After collecting all pollen samples the male was destroyed. I later did a pollination on 2 branches on each mother (by sticking the bud inside the zip lock containing the pollen sample) hoping I don’t pollinate more of the mother plants or my friends plants. What ever was left is now in the freezer.

On the clones general health and bud situation I couldn’t be happier, no mold no rot no PM and all budding pretty fast, all the personal Sativa clones are budding fast the Xenomoprh clones are close to be done I took small smoke samples. The weather is permitting another week dry so I let them go. Cant wait to see them again for a proper watering and foliar.

The clones
Bud on Xenomorph clone in a pot
Durban Poison purple bud outdoor.jpg

Personal Sativa clone top bud
Personal Sativa clones bud as of october 3.jpg
Personal sativa buds.jpg

Personal Sativa Clone in ground apical dominant bud
Personal sativa buds outdoors.jpg

The crew in the bush
Outdoors clones.jpg
Top bud On Xenomorph clone in the ground
Durban Posion bud Outdoors plant in pot.jpg
Male genetics pollination outdoor breeding
Male flowers open pollination Vancouver Island genetics.jpg
Male outdoors genetics.jpg

Purple bud Xenomoprh clone in pot.
Durban Poison bud outdoors.jpg
Top bud Xenomorph clone in ground
Durban Poison bud plant on soil.jpg

Personal Sativa
Personal Sativa Mother Starting to bud and now dropping leaf organic outdoors.jpg

She has been green all the previous weeks, on signal triggers the drop of lower fan leaves perfect timming as buds start to fatten up and consolidate. Plant is doing her thing.
Personal Sativa top bud sativa dominant bud structure.jpg
Slight dark tones at leaf, possible purple finishing.

Personal sativa mother bud structure sativa dominant genetics.jpg
Personal sativa mother budding outdoor.jpg
Personal Sativa mother late flower sativa dominant pheno.jpg

She is gonna be one wild looking sativa, almost haze like. The structure is exciting but clearly airy buds lanky and stretchy. She is got some yield she just needs lots of time. 2 Branches were pollinated of this pheno using the previous described male pollen.

Duterte's Nightmare
Dutertes Nightmare pheno outdoors.jpg

This is the little gem, showing super health, color is lush green, slower bud formation but a very tight structure. I really like this plant its shown great potential. 2 branches also pollinated.
Dutertes Nightmare sativa bud structure.jpg
Dutertes Nightmare bud site early flower.jpg
Dutertes Nightmare sativa dominant pheno unkonwn genetics.jpg

Chunky Skunk
Still working hard on the buds, she is gradually showing less resistance to PM than the rest of the ladies still cant really tell what are the marks there, if its PM it hasnt spread over the whole leaf. I can still see yellowing affecting mid growth but not affecting what I see in the top buds, growing and no signs of bud rot or mold. So Im letting this one do her thing I am learning what are the needs. She is a big plant and is being watered once a week, high stress training and drought effect and environamental factors are in consideration and not rulling out something related to the roots. She still looks nice and will be bud washed and smoked for sure. 2 Branches pollinated as well. Possible harvest end of the month.
All the phenos were watered using same seaweed/fern/yellowjarrow mother tea and heavy foliar spray/feed of Willow leaf microbial solution nondiluted.
Chunky Skunk Outdoors Pheno Mid flowering High Stress Training.jpg
Chunky Skunk bud outdoors 3.jpg
Chunky Skunk side branch bud outdoors .jpg
Chunky Skunk Bud outdoors .jpg
Chunky Skunk Bud 2 outdoors.jpg

Xenomorph aka Durban Poison
By far the best in terms of health, yield, and finishing time. Almost no PM problem, slight yellowing but nothing like the chunky skunk. Buds are still maturing but not far away, no signs of bud rot or mold. No mayor nutrient issues. Heavy branches with load on the buds and not bending the plant at all, high stress training works. We are at this point today after following a heavy microbial watering regime and foliar spray. I would repeat same regime of watering and foliar but would work on a better soil. This coming week is forecast to be dry and sunny, so no need to stress for protection, the nights are cold but the days are still very hot and sunny, Im letting her go another week.
2 lower branches were pollinated.
Durban Poison Late flower outdoors organic.jpg
3 main buds at the top Durban Poison bud outdoors.jpg
Durban Poison bud outdoor pheno.jpg
Durban Poison organic outdoors bud tops.jpg
Durban Poison Mother Top crown buds outdoors.jpg
Durban Poison purple bud pheno early finisher.jpg
Top buds Durban Poison.jpg
Durban Poison Bud close up Organically grown Outdoors .jpg

3 Apical dominant buds top crown Durban Poison pheno.jpg

Durban Poison top buds organic outdoors high stress training.jpg

By far the best in terms of health, yield, and finishing time. Almost no PM problem, slight yellowing but nothing like the chunky skunk. Buds are still maturing but not far away, no signs of bud rot or mold. No mayor nutrient issues. Heavy branches with load on the buds and not bending the plant at all, high stress training works. We are at this point today after following a heavy microbial watering regime and foliar spray. I would repeat same regime of watering and foliar but would work on a better soil. This coming week is forecast to be dry and sunny, so no need to stress for protection, the nights are cold but the days are still very hot and sunny, Im letting her go another week.

Wow they are showing so much color, fantastic.
Blue and purple just gorgeous. :love:
Looks like your winning the battle, great work my friend. :thumb:
Have a nice day. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Great work, Dani.

Did you mark the branches you hit with pollen to make searching for seeds easier when you take them down?

Also, I think you may be on to something with the willow. I'm really looking forward to how that experiment turns out.

:thumb:

Also, I think you may be on to something with the willow.
Lets hope this works!! I have tons of Willow (and Fern) - I have planted extra Willow as a sight screen just to keep prying eyes from the Highway!!
Things look good - how have you kept the pollination under control??

They all look great and I’m in the same boat with the weather. I can’t wait to see how they turn out. Good luck and happy growing. CL🍀

Tight buds, my friend. You did a fantastic job of it! :thumb:

Keep up the good work.

Wow they are showing so much color, fantastic.
Blue and purple just gorgeous. :love:
Looks like your winning the battle, great work my friend. :thumb:
Have a nice day. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Hi Bill 👋

thanks for stopping by, yup the cold nights around this time gets them all kinds of colors. Not a lot of direct sunlight but I aint complaning all dry all sunny for another week, so yeah seems like we winning.

all the best and lets hope we all have great crops this month :yummy:

Great work, Dani.

Did you mark the branches you hit with pollen to make searching for seeds easier when you take them down?

Also, I think you may be on to something with the willow. I'm really looking forward to how that experiment turns out.

:thumb:

Thanks Azi much appreciated. I (in all stoner fairness) did not label the branches :tokin: but I made sure to not make a mess at pollinating the whole plant by accident. The branches I pollinated were not special and at the bottom. Since I will be harvesting in 2 rounds I will keep a close eye at the lower buds that look seeded.

Regarding the Willow leaf JMS, as of the last post here I have 100% success with the clones, not one problem related to mold, PM, or bud rot yet (knock on wood). Now I recognize the enviroment of the clones is way different, its not damp, its has great sun exposure, great wind and airflow, and also the flora around the plants is clean of PM.

Not the same for the mother plants, I have observed that the moment of highest vunerability was right after the transition to flower has ended and the phenos are budding. I had no PM on any of the Mothers By mid flower I had somewhat of a sign PM was in 2 phenos Chunky Skunk and Durban Poison, not the other 2. As I progressed with the Willow leaf JMS (now at 3 weeks of spraying) I dont see a progression on suspected marks of PM and the absence of hyphae (thread-like strands) over the plant surface and the production of chains of spores is not there. Im not completly sold on the PM on these plants, at least its not like what I am used to seeing.

My last foliar spray this sunday was non diluted so if we are to see a drastic change it should be this coming week. Im somewhat happy with the results PM or suspected PM is under control or at least not out of control, no mold, no bud rot yet, and I am spraying heavy so the buds are getting this Willow JMS, something is gotta be happening there that all the buds arent rotting.

Im glad you are still on board and enjoying the experiments.

They're coming on strong Dani! You're going to have a happy ending after all! What a crazy start for a nice finish!
Tell me about it Stone, if I would have told you this journal story smoking joints together you'd probably not believed it lol so crazy and long... Just a couple more weeks and chilling after.

:smokin:

Lets hope this works!! I have tons of Willow (and Fern) - I have planted extra Willow as a sight screen just to keep prying eyes from the Highway!!
Things look good - how have you kept the pollination under control??
Hey greenJ

I hope it works until the end, I'm sold on the anaerobic fertilizer made of seaweed, fern, yarrow, comfrey... all those are fundamental. Im also sold on Horsetail JMS foliar the silica here is incredible. Willow I'm starting to believe, now Im using non diluted so full force.

To keep pollination under control I harvested all the male flowers in a ziplock bag and then selected a bud (on the mothers) and stuck the bud directly inside the ziplock containing the male flower and plenty of pollen. Now for the clones itself I had alsmot no control as they where left next to the male since it revealed its sex.

They all look great and I’m in the same boat with the weather. I can’t wait to see how they turn out. Good luck and happy growing. CL🍀
Thanks Captain

Us two and several of my stoner buddies waiting for the harvest calling. I havent smoked my own for at least 3 years. I cant wait.

Happy growing as well

Tight buds, my friend. You did a fantastic job of it! :thumb:

Keep up the good work.
:high-five:
Thanks brother it was hard work for sure but it paid off. And I would like to thank all the microbes :theband: for doing their job and making our plants thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom