Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything works. Bring your current grow mix and nutes. Those of us growing with organics are still working out those details as the standard advice is to only water through the fill tube. But Emilya is currently using them with Geoflora top dressed nutes and a slight top watering every two weeks and her plants are, not surprisingly, killer.

I'm not familiar with Gaia Green but I'm sure we could figure it out if it's not already straightforward.
That girl grows some beautiful plants 😍

Tomorrow one of my b**chs is gonna get her stalk split..let’s see what happens. I will take some pics of before and every day for 7-10 days. CAUTION scientist at work

3EFD8105-AD38-4372-9230-870FBDBAC283.jpeg

I wanted to share some of the background of the Personal Sativa genetics.

Both seeds I used back in that grow were mystery seeds one from Mexico and one from Jamaica.

This is the female Jamaican
1665410686079.jpeg

This is the “Male” I was calling Mexican mystery seed. I have never seen anything like since then.
This was 2 weeks after 12/12 flip, male cluster appear. In the coming weeks that pheno started to put out pistils on the tops but at each node the plant had week formed male clusters. I stressed this plant so much!

1665411281511.jpeg
1665411533647.jpeg
1665411000953.jpeg
1665410978492.jpeg

I had a member give out some info at the time 2013.
Diesel Auto (Fem) + Sensi Star (Fem) + Mystery Seed (Mexican Brick Weed)
heres some info on the male that turned hermie,

donpaul.p

“a male that turns hermie is called a super male, now im currently running tests on males and turning them hermie to try and produce a super male, ive had 2 males that turned hermie in the past but didnt know anything about super males at the time,

the info i have says that using a super male for breeding will produce potent plants with high thc levels and massive bud growth, how ever the info didnt say if it was left to self pollenate or if the hermie male was used to pollenate another plant or even if another male was used to pollenate the super male,

so ill be running tests with the males i have got from this grow, we dont normally see males turn hermie as we dont grow males often and when we do we just get pollen then kill them so we dont give them chance to go hermie, its not that rare but as we dont grow many males compared to females that many people dont think hermie males are possible,

i cant 100% say for sure its going to work, plus autos are a real pain to cross as you get some crazy results crossing autos unless you cross the same auto strain with each other, crossing 2 auto strains dont mean you get auto seeds, so its a pain in the arse to get it right, crossing an auto with a none auto also means you get no autos with the first cross, you need to cross an auto with a none auto then with them seeds you need to back cross them with the same auto strain and keep doing that until you back at auto seeds, so its a slow process working with autos unless you crossing the same strain.

but its hard to say for sure whats best to do with yours, i wont know anything until i get my males to go hermie, the site i was on a while back is no longer on the net but it did show pics of huge buds and showed test results of potent strains with between 2 and 4x the amount of thc compared without using a super male as a parent,

its just finding out which way to use the super male, do you self pollenate, pollenate a female with pollen from the super male or do you use the pollen from another male to pollenate the super male, so thats at least 3 different ways of crossing it, so until ive got my males to go hermie i cant really say anymore than that, ive got a journal up called super male project but not updated it in a while as i wont have my males sorted until another few weeks then ill start to force them hermie and ill run tests to see which is the best method for using them for breeding.”

I leave out for open discussion since back in the day I was doing these crosses I had no idea, today I have a better understanding of the cannabis plant and well I have tons of seeds from 2014. When people say hermies aren’t good I have a hard time to accept because I had hermies and made some good cultivars using that pollen. Never again I got any hermie or males.
1665412206731.jpeg

It will be interesting to see if there is any true science behind this... And don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to take away any possibility of that. But a hermaphrodite is a hermaphrodite hence the meaning of the word ..through stressing a plant it happens. Just saying you can have a fully developed female and by stressing it ( intentionally or non-intentional ) does that make it a super female?? Though I will give it the benefit of doubt until I can find some literature and better educate myself on this subject .... Interesting “

Learn, and then learn some more... I had no idea this was even a "thing." Thanks for sharing!

:thanks:

It’s not a thing because there are no males ever, people kill them as soon as they see them. And hermies worst case, they get send to the lawnmower like Delta said.

I still defend the idea that every cannabis plant has the embedded possibility of self pollination (hermie) giving the right condition (stress). Otherwise why do we call it “sinsemilla” seedless bud is nothing but an over stimulated female reproductive organ. Before we discovered Sinsemilla bud I would assume it was all seeded bud coming from self pollinated plants…? Mexican brick weed, Thai stick all the photos from the 60s and 70s buds had seeds…

Anyways I’m still looking for answers.

I wanted to share some of the background of the Personal Sativa genetics.

Both seeds I used back in that grow were mystery seeds one from Mexico and one from Jamaica.

This is the female Jamaican
1665410686079.jpeg

This is the “Male” I was calling Mexican mystery seed. I have never seen anything like since then.
This was 2 weeks after 12/12 flip, male cluster appear. In the coming weeks that pheno started to put out pistils on the tops but at each node the plant had week formed male clusters. I stressed this plant so much!

1665411281511.jpeg
1665411533647.jpeg
1665411000953.jpeg
1665410978492.jpeg

I had a member give out some info at the time 2013.
Diesel Auto (Fem) + Sensi Star (Fem) + Mystery Seed (Mexican Brick Weed)
heres some info on the male that turned hermie,

donpaul.p

“a male that turns hermie is called a super male, now im currently running tests on males and turning them hermie to try and produce a super male, ive had 2 males that turned hermie in the past but didnt know anything about super males at the time,

the info i have says that using a super male for breeding will produce potent plants with high thc levels and massive bud growth, how ever the info didnt say if it was left to self pollenate or if the hermie male was used to pollenate another plant or even if another male was used to pollenate the super male,

so ill be running tests with the males i have got from this grow, we dont normally see males turn hermie as we dont grow males often and when we do we just get pollen then kill them so we dont give them chance to go hermie, its not that rare but as we dont grow many males compared to females that many people dont think hermie males are possible,

i cant 100% say for sure its going to work, plus autos are a real pain to cross as you get some crazy results crossing autos unless you cross the same auto strain with each other, crossing 2 auto strains dont mean you get auto seeds, so its a pain in the arse to get it right, crossing an auto with a none auto also means you get no autos with the first cross, you need to cross an auto with a none auto then with them seeds you need to back cross them with the same auto strain and keep doing that until you back at auto seeds, so its a slow process working with autos unless you crossing the same strain.

but its hard to say for sure whats best to do with yours, i wont know anything until i get my males to go hermie, the site i was on a while back is no longer on the net but it did show pics of huge buds and showed test results of potent strains with between 2 and 4x the amount of thc compared without using a super male as a parent,

its just finding out which way to use the super male, do you self pollenate, pollenate a female with pollen from the super male or do you use the pollen from another male to pollenate the super male, so thats at least 3 different ways of crossing it, so until ive got my males to go hermie i cant really say anymore than that, ive got a journal up called super male project but not updated it in a while as i wont have my males sorted until another few weeks then ill start to force them hermie and ill run tests to see which is the best method for using them for breeding.”

I leave out for open discussion since back in the day I was doing these crosses I had no idea, today I have a better understanding of the cannabis plant and well I have tons of seeds from 2014. When people say hermies aren’t good I have a hard time to accept because I had hermies and made some good cultivars using that pollen. Never again I got any hermie or males.
1665412206731.jpeg
Very interested.
Garden is beautiful :yahoo:
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :rofl:

That is some what true, but it is only because prior to the Vietnam war smoking pot was not a widely used thing. Because then it was more about a peace and love thing .( The hippies ) in North American. In the old country’s around the world it has been smoked for thousands of years and they weren’t squeezing seeds out of their buds ( they already knew how to manipulate the plant) not until there was a real monetary value did movement start to produce good quality weed. The first thing, Acapulco gold ( no seeds, no stems that you don’t need Acapulco gold is real good weed) there was Thai stick ,imported of course. The 70 and 80 was a great part in my life. Wasn’t till the late 80’s that us hippies got hands on so seeds that would actually produce BUD . Oh it was magical..and guess what,, they can from right here.BC . Prior to that we picked seeds out of the Mexican pot ,planted them and all that was achieved was what we called home grown ( nothing but leaf ) But it was cool to watch it grow. Eventually We learned how to turn it into pot oil,game changer “” no more smoking that leaf that tasted like straw .( Toke n spit ) I mean we were still smoking killer hash, Opium Streaked black hash, Blond Lebanese, even laid hands on some temple balls occasionally .. shit we had it all, LSD , peyote , mescaline , angel dust , ... But I guess I’m rambling on a bit . Ha today’s great weed will do that to a otherwise un occupied brain,,,

That is some what true, but it is only because prior to the Vietnam war smoking pot was not a widely used thing. Because then it was more about a peace and love thing .( The hippies ) in North American. In the old country’s around the world it has been smoked for thousands of years and they weren’t squeezing seeds out of their buds ( they already knew how to manipulate the plant) not until there was a real monetary value did movement start to produce good quality weed. The first thing, Acapulco gold ( no seeds, no stems that you don’t need Acapulco gold is real good weed) there was Thai stick ,imported of course. The 70 and 80 was a great part in my life. Wasn’t till the late 80’s that us hippies got hands on so seeds that would actually produce BUD . Oh it was magical..and guess what,, they can from right here.BC . Prior to that we picked seeds out of the Mexican pot ,planted them and all that was achieved was what we called home grown ( nothing but leaf ) But it was cool to watch it grow. Eventually We learned how to turn it into pot oil,game changer “” no more smoking that leaf that tasted like straw .( Toke n spit ) I mean we were still smoking killer hash, Opium Streaked black hash, Blond Lebanese, even laid hands on some temple balls occasionally .. shit we had it all, LSD , peyote , mescaline , angel dust , ... But I guess I’m rambling on a bit . Ha today’s great weed will do that to a otherwise un occupied brain,,,

I love these kind a stories from back in the day, your the kinda guy I could sit and smoke many joints talking about the good old days. A fellow grower and islander @ReservoirDog has lots of stories too.

I moved to the island chasing the BC bud and wanting to become a breeder eventually, I moved to the island last year so got that one done, need to do the other one lol, that takes years.

That’s awesome Dani. Ya I came out of the oro, Medonte area just a bit North of Barrie ont. for 10 years I did gorilla grows with a life long friend.we used to grow this beautiful plant, all purple and covered with trichomes. Doing about 120 lbs per season..if you get down to it I hope you breed a monster bud plant, something that packs the weight on , we don’t need another fluffy fru fru breed like a lot of the seed pushers put out..my personal opinion is that they have taken it to far , and they are just F ‘N the process Just so they can give it a new name, like crap man its sativa or Indica or a mix there of..you can feed a plant food colouring if you want different colours.. shit” its all a sales gimmick, trying to make it sound like wine with hints of this and notes of that and a slight finishing note of pine or pepper, makes me laugh.. so reach back and bring forward some good old genetics would ya

Split one of my plants this morning, Don’t know if there is any merit to it, but I took some pics of the bud and time will tell? ? Its hard to see the difference in your plants when you get to see them 10 times a day, It’s like looking at yourself in the mirror, you can’t see yourself getting older

BCA7B9FA-C154-4B57-A682-CD9DAA2AA31E.jpeg

That’s awesome Dani. Ya I came out of the oro, Medonte area just a bit North of Barrie ont. for 10 years I did gorilla grows with a life long friend.we used to grow this beautiful plant, all purple and covered with trichomes. Doing about 120 lbs per season..if you get down to it I hope you breed a monster bud plant, something that packs the weight on , we don’t need another fluffy fru fru breed like a lot of the seed pushers put out..my personal opinion is that they have taken it to far , and they are just F ‘N the process Just so they can give it a new name, like crap man its sativa or Indica or a mix there of..you can feed a plant food colouring if you want different colours.. shit” its all a sales gimmick, trying to make it sound like wine with hints of this and notes of that and a slight finishing note of pine or pepper, makes me laugh.. so reach back and bring forward some good old genetics would ya

I like your style bro.

I got a long time grower friend here that has inbreed seeds of a legend from here Texada timewarp, breeded and lost here on the island. I’m also trying to get a hold of Bcbuddepot these dudes are doing it pretty solid with their crosses.

I would like to be a part of some sort of collective of growers from the island and try to bring up the game together, you know become the official Cannabis capital of Canada, like in Cali.

But for that we gotta breed some stable genetics (and when I say stable I mean the same pheno all the time) and make them win some sort of cannabis competition otherwise one gets slim to no attention. That’s just the way it works in the mainstream world. For now I’ll keep it underground and share it here like I have.

Texada timewarp is a Sativa dominant hybrid that has been for long grown in Vanisl you probably know this one, the other one I came across was the famous East coast Jean Guy another Sativa dominant coming from Quebec.

For genetics to thrive here in the 49th parallel they first need to be grown outdoors get them 2-3 generations outside they will build resistance to mold and PM and cold wet and short seasons, the plant adapt every generation.

Just some random thoughts here Jonny, hope you had a great day, another sunny dry one.
:passitleft:

Split one of my plants this morning, Don’t know if there is any merit to it, but I took some pics of the bud and time will tell? ? Its hard to see the difference in your plants when you get to see them 10 times a day, It’s like looking at yourself in the mirror, you can’t see yourself getting older

BCA7B9FA-C154-4B57-A682-CD9DAA2AA31E.jpeg

Now that’s a split!
:bravo:

So how many days will you count after the split before you harvest?

On the split- the plant is very close by the looks of the Pistolas But it is lacking in the sticky department, have another that’s a bit better and all the other ones are “ looking gooood ) so the weather is looking pretty nice for yet another 7-10 days so let’s push em and see.. got three that look like they would suck that up and maybe more if we get it ..? Ya sticky ,good show on the sugar and getting better every day , about 60% white hairs yet . Very thankful for this awesome weather.. there a Kush plant..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom