Virgin - First Time Grower

HappySmokeMan

OK. I might as well get thing started here.

I've decided to grow for myself and have just partioned off part of one of the rooms in my house. I now have a 4.5' x 10' grow area. Presently, I have a few clones started and if I don't kill them off, will use those as my first victims...I mean crop. There is 6 White Widow, and 4 ATF if they all make it through the cloning.

I would like to grow anywhere from 4-10 plants, and harvest 1/2 - 1 lb a month (should I expect more or less). Advise on the best way to do this would be appreciated. Haven't decided whether its ebb n flood, or drip system, or which way to go on the system, but am going with LED lights.

I figure for this first grow I will only be using about half of my available room, and will put up a temporary, light-blocking partition to limit light. So we're looking at approximately a 4.5 x 5 x 8 area; a little less than 200 cf. I have two FuseLED 660 Elite LED lights on their way which I plan to use to cover this area.
2013-04-30_09_40_11.jpg

I have a Phresh 6"x24" 550cfm filter connected to a 6" Hurricane fan (on fan speed controller), sucking the air out of the room, and out a vent to the roof.
2013-04-30_09_40_48.jpg

I travel a bit and am gone for 3-5 days at a time, occassionally and so am wondering which irrigation system would work best for me. EbbnFlood, drip, aeroponics, NFT.

Advise on if I can accomplish what I want, and if so, how is the best way to achieve my harvest goal.

Thanks in advance.

Nice set up! I would help with trying to figure out which hydro grow style to go with, but im soil only =)
Do you know if the clones are hybrids? sativas?
Also, noticed you are using LEDS. I used two 180 watt UFOs for 2 plants, and had an AMAZING turnout on veg, but no such luck on flowering. Since then, i decided to veg only under LEDS, and HPS for flower.

maybe best in soil if your going away a lot, in hydro if anything goes wrong it will happen instantly if it happens on the first day of travel your plants will be dead by the time you get back.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

sorry....this one went belly up. got an issue, not sure what it was, but plants stopped developing and just never matured. ended up pulling them at 6 wks, with buds no bigger than a pea. trying another time, but having same issue...see my other post....if you can help...

Back
Top Bottom