Viva Las Vegas! Procyon 100 LED Grow Test

I am thinking maybe two weeks or when they get into the mid twenty inch area... My last grow was way shorter than usual, I wanna try to get them to go 4-5 feet....:ganjamon:
Hmmm, so you're only seeing a doubling of the height during flowing with the Indica dominant strains? I started my LST'd sativas at 13" and they ended up 45" at the peak, which is what about I'm looking for in terms of height.

The reason I asked is that it looks like I have a chance to grow out an Indica dominant plant so now I'm thinking I'd better let it veg to 18"-20" inches. What's your recommendation?

:peace:

Harry

My heavy Indicas almost never even completly doubled in size. These are no monster sativas like you are used too.. The mixed Ind/sat that I have grown will double and some and the occasional freak that triples in size.. I am a bit worried about the Bubble Gum as my last one tripled and some ( bad Pheno) but this ne has none of the same characteristics as the other one.. I think the mid twenties are perfect with hopes of having a 4-5' plant.:peace: Wait until it starts to grow and see how it is growing, and what it looks like ( size of leaves,color), if it is short and stalky then you may want to let it go a bit longer otherwise you could end up with a 30" plant ( been there done that).

^ true but for some heat and power consumption are important aspects of their grow. I believe Be Irie has mentioned a few times his main concern was heat and the led solves that issue for him.

The led plants actually look very healthy and stacked, they just are not growing as fast as the others. But that really doesn't mean much seeing as how he is growing different strains and different genetics.

A good test would be to take 2 clones from the same plant and grow 1 under the led and 1 under 400MH and see what happens.

Compared to what led panels and other led crap lights have done I'm impressed with the quality of plant this procyon has produced even if it does seem to be a little slow.

It is 100 watts.. Thanks you guys for help with clearing things up... This really isn't a contest with the LED and 400's. There are three different strains going with all different characteristics. I just wanted to see if I could veg decent plants.. The LED plants are as healthy as can be. They do grow a bit slower but when you look at the big picture it is not really by much. They are bushier and wider then any non-LSTed plant I have grown thus far. I did finally got them to start stretching a bit when I raised the light to about 20 inches above the canopy.

So, I pulled out some Master kush that has been curing since April. Me and the GF sat down and smoked and thought. So 1 of the 3 G-13's was male. We are going to put the Dream Weaver into 12/12 under the HIDS and try to flower the Bubble gum under the LED with the option to abort at anytime.... :ganjamon: So, we actually may get to see if she can do anything in 12/12... Holy shit 7 month cure and smooth as can be.... :peace:

in the summer and parts of spring and fall where i live (ne ohio) heat is a huge issue and the little heat produced with leds is a huge bonus imho

I don't think the LED will do any good flowering, but I will give it a chance to prove me wrong... It did what I needed it to do beyond my expectations and I am happy for that. There has been no noticeable increase in electricity usage, and I will be able to use all the intake/exhaust fans for the flowering room. It will make a nice addition to the family.
:ganjamon::peace:

nice, are you gunna use your LED on this grow in flowering or just use your 400?

It is 100 watts..

We are going to put the Dream Weaver into 12/12 under the HIDS and try to flower the Bubble gum under the LED with the option to abort at anytime....
That will be cool. Can't wait to see what the LED does in the flower stage.

I'll tell you what, if that lamp can veg 4 good plants in 60 days, using only 100watts of power, that will be impressive. It would be even more impressive if it were to cost ~$350.00. ;) But hey, new technology is always expensive at first. They need to recoup R&D costs upfront.

Do you think it could handle vegging 4 or more plants? What is the coverage area suppose to be?

Harry

If I put things into perspective then 600 bones for the light isn't bad. Now if I was to add a 600 and use a 400 for veg then heres what it would cost.. I think it will veg four plants.. We will see here soon enough..

600 vented hood 300??? another exhaust fan 100/150?? Then comes the fun part... Trying to figure out the electrical box... It is on a 15 amp so to rewire or put in a 20 is to much shit for me to deal with... So that 600.00 is not bad at all.... I also like the peace of mind of knowing there are little LED lights running 24/7 instead of a hot ass chance of exploding HID.... On that note here they be day 55.. The LEd is 21 inches off the canopy and the DW is 19" and the BG is 16"
picresizedLEDday55on.jpg

picresizedLEDday55side.jpg

picresizedLEDday55top.jpg

:ganjamon::peace:

Exciting, ill be watching this close, i'm really thinking about picking up an LED for my next grow, and just adding some more CFLs for flowering and i wanna know how well the LED will do in 12/12. Best of luck IRIE!

Thanks guys for the good Karma.... Well, the g-13's ae being a pain in da ass. It looks like I may have a hermie on my hands. I should know here in the next day or so. I added the DW to the hids and will start the dark cycle tonite. I pulled some clones from the bubble gum and am going to start it on it's dark cycle tonight too. I have to see what the hell I am going to end up with female wise. . The BG will continue its light cycle under the led for now.
Hmmm, and it's about time to start figuring out the next grow...:peace:

beautiful plants man, doing great

love the pink light, looks pink/purple to me lol

Yeah I wouldn't recommend flowering, because at this point I think you already know the outcome.. and if your going to be the one smoking it.. idk use the HID! lol
So how's the BG recovering after that fatal dismemberment?

Thanks guys... OK, the BG and DW have spent the last two nights in the dark so now the waiting game continues. Hopefully atleast one will be a female.

The bubble gum were never hurt ( i am as surprised as everyone) The ones that were fried by the MH were the G-13's and of those one is a male, the one that was hurt ( didn't think it would survive) was the only lady of the three..
SO the bubble gum is being flowered under the LED light ( gotta see what that light will or will not do). I will keep it under there for as long as possible.
OK, a few photos..
The Bubble gum on day 57/ 2 days of 12/12
picresizedLEDday58off.jpg

The room G-13 female (back) Dream weaver (front)
picresizedDWG13.jpg

The G-13 that had the MH land on it on it's 1st set of true leaves. I can't believe it lived.Split down the middle.
picresizedg13breakage.jpg

:peace::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom