Vivosun AeroWave E6 Clip Fan

I recently was gifted a @VIVOSUN AeroWave E6 clip fan to try out and have to say I am impressed. This fan was clearly designed with the indoor grower in mind. I’m not gonna dive deep into the technical specifications as those are readily available (I’ll attach a photo at the end). I’ll speak on it from a growers POV.

8105F8AA-C3A6-474A-AFAC-B1F04F1FF59E.jpeg

For starters, the construction is solid. The fan itself feels durable. The clip on portion is designed to fit both round and squared poles, making it very adaptable. It has a knob attached to the clip portion that allows you to tilt the fan up or down varying degrees, making it very versatile. You could place it on the floor aimed upwards, or up in a corner, aimed downwards, or anywhere else you need it to go. It can fit a lot of standard and custom spaces.

7806E339-18A3-46C7-94CB-C8FA7D761212.jpeg
C290D1DC-13E0-4799-ACC9-6085945011D2.jpeg

It has a flat face which creates an even airflow as opposed to concentrated in the middle, as well as making cleaning it much simpler. On the topic of cleaning, it has a small screw you remove, and the face comes off nicely without having to force it or feeling like you’re going to bend it until it snaps.

1D076E51-0759-42D8-ADD2-234ED4C3F87A.jpeg

The cord it comes with is impressive in length, allowing you to put it in a variety of areas without having to be overly concerned with your nearest power source or surge protector.

Now for the real standout features. For starters, No Wayward LEDs!! One of the things I despise about a lot of clip fans is the LEDs. I’ve got multiple clip fans that have been taped over due to blue LEDs glowing. Even with being taped over they still give off a faint light which can stress a real sensitive sativa. The AeroWave has a green LED that flashes for a few moments when you change the mode/power of the fan then it shuts off, not to be seen again until you press the button. I love that.

8682126D-5789-435A-AC97-31DAF0862780.jpeg

It also has an oscillation mode which is really nice. This allows you to get even greater air coverage while also not having air blowing constantly in one place. In addition to the oscillation there is also a Natural Wind mode which makes the fan run at different speeds, simulating true wind/airflow.

FF396B20-EA80-41D4-B024-325A27CBE22C.jpeg

C3D565C1-2F54-4055-A104-EC82410005B2.jpeg

I have had the fan for a couple weeks now because I wanted to really put it to the test in regard to wind burn on my plants and how well it would actually hold up. The fan itself is still running like it did when it came out of the box, which is nice. It also isn’t ludicrously loud, and the motor doesn’t sound like it’s being worked overtime. While these aren’t deal breakers in regular fans, it’s nice to have a fan that doesn’t sound like it’s going to explode. Those looking for a little more stealthiness from their fans will be pleased.

In regard to wind burn, conventional wisdom says we shouldn’t aim our fans directly at our plants, as this can be the direct cause.

However, after speaking with @LKABudMan about his airflow and these fans, we came to a consensus that wind burn is caused by air constantly blowing on a specific spot. The AeroWave sidesteps this problem beautifully with its natural wind mode and its oscillation.

I aimed my AeroWave directly at my plants, turned on natural wind mode, set the oscillation and let it go. There have been no signs of wind burn at all on my plants. They’re deep into flower right now so being able to aim directly at the plants helps alleviate issues such as bud rot and PM. If I would’ve had this fan during Veg I could also created stronger branches using this fan aimed directly at the plants.

3ACE705A-FD1C-446A-89D8-92C13C9C9773.jpeg

This is a huge boon for me as an indoor grower. I can fit more plants in an area without being overly concerned about airflow. I can have stronger branches, less issues, and I don’t have to defoliate to make sure proper air circulation is happening. This is great for me because I really don’t like defoliating and removing leaves the plant has worked hard on creating.

The AeroWave E6 also comes with a type C cable which allows you to link it into the Vivosun Grow Hub system. I do not currently have that setup in my grow but @LKABudMan does and has extensive journals dedicated to this aspect. It’s a pretty cool system that allows you to automate a lot of your grow to really help dial in your environment. I highly suggest folks check out his journals for more information and real life examples of it in action.

All in all, the AeroWave E6 could be called a force multiplier. It helps to alleviate many common issues indoor growers face such as Powdery Mildew, bud rot, and certain pests, while enabling us to raise stronger, healthier plants. That’s a lot of benefits from one piece of equipment. I currently have 4 fans in my room plus the AeroWave E6. I will be replacing 3 of those clip fans with the AeroWave E6. I’ve seen what it can do and don’t want to go back to just regular old clip fans any more.

6AB884EE-1D50-4553-BA18-E168944BC37D.jpeg

What a nice piece of equipment! I particularly like the simulated natural wind choice you have on it! An old tower fan of mine had that feature and the garden just seemed to love it! Thanks for the great review!

Thank you!

@VIVOSUN and their attention to the little details really separates themselves from others. I was pleasantly surprised by the thought that went into the design and happily posted a positive review because of this. A lot of companies in our hobby/profession seem to be interested in a quick buck, but it’s clear Vivosun has an eye on the long term. I am normally hostile toward corporations but even I can’t argue with the results lol.

Sweet review! I sure wish I could get my hands on one. They are not available in Canada, been a while now too :(

Thank you! I know that @VIVOSUN is aware of the demand in Canada, and in their post they made looking for testers they acknowledged this and said they’re trying to break in. I hope they can push this through as the majority of people I’ve learned from and traded knowledge with are in Canada. Plus, being from Detroit, I know Canadians better than some of my own countrymen lol.

@VIVOSUN and their attention to the little details really separates themselves from others. I was pleasantly surprised by the thought that went into the design and happily posted a positive review because of this.
I'm running their previous version of this and just love it! You'll see a little fun story in my journal later about it.

I recently was gifted a @VIVOSUN AeroWave E6 clip fan to try out and have to say I am impressed. This fan was clearly designed with the indoor grower in mind. I’m not gonna dive deep into the technical specifications as those are readily available (I’ll attach a photo at the end). I’ll speak on it from a growers POV.

8105F8AA-C3A6-474A-AFAC-B1F04F1FF59E.jpeg

For starters, the construction is solid. The fan itself feels durable. The clip on portion is designed to fit both round and squared poles, making it very adaptable. It has a knob attached to the clip portion that allows you to tilt the fan up or down varying degrees, making it very versatile. You could place it on the floor aimed upwards, or up in a corner, aimed downwards, or anywhere else you need it to go. It can fit a lot of standard and custom spaces.

7806E339-18A3-46C7-94CB-C8FA7D761212.jpeg
C290D1DC-13E0-4799-ACC9-6085945011D2.jpeg

It has a flat face which creates an even airflow as opposed to concentrated in the middle, as well as making cleaning it much simpler. On the topic of cleaning, it has a small screw you remove, and the face comes off nicely without having to force it or feeling like you’re going to bend it until it snaps.

1D076E51-0759-42D8-ADD2-234ED4C3F87A.jpeg

The cord it comes with is impressive in length, allowing you to put it in a variety of areas without having to be overly concerned with your nearest power source or surge protector.

Now for the real standout features. For starters, No Wayward LEDs!! One of the things I despise about a lot of clip fans is the LEDs. I’ve got multiple clip fans that have been taped over due to blue LEDs glowing. Even with being taped over they still give off a faint light which can stress a real sensitive sativa. The AeroWave has a green LED that flashes for a few moments when you change the mode/power of the fan then it shuts off, not to be seen again until you press the button. I love that.

8682126D-5789-435A-AC97-31DAF0862780.jpeg

It also has an oscillation mode which is really nice. This allows you to get even greater air coverage while also not having air blowing constantly in one place. In addition to the oscillation there is also a Natural Wind mode which makes the fan run at different speeds, simulating true wind/airflow.

FF396B20-EA80-41D4-B024-325A27CBE22C.jpeg

C3D565C1-2F54-4055-A104-EC82410005B2.jpeg

I have had the fan for a couple weeks now because I wanted to really put it to the test in regard to wind burn on my plants and how well it would actually hold up. The fan itself is still running like it did when it came out of the box, which is nice. It also isn’t ludicrously loud, and the motor doesn’t sound like it’s being worked overtime. While these aren’t deal breakers in regular fans, it’s nice to have a fan that doesn’t sound like it’s going to explode. Those looking for a little more stealthiness from their fans will be pleased.

In regard to wind burn, conventional wisdom says we shouldn’t aim our fans directly at our plants, as this can be the direct cause.

However, after speaking with @LKABudMan about his airflow and these fans, we came to a consensus that wind burn is caused by air constantly blowing on a specific spot. The AeroWave sidesteps this problem beautifully with its natural wind mode and its oscillation.

I aimed my AeroWave directly at my plants, turned on natural wind mode, set the oscillation and let it go. There have been no signs of wind burn at all on my plants. They’re deep into flower right now so being able to aim directly at the plants helps alleviate issues such as bud rot and PM. If I would’ve had this fan during Veg I could also created stronger branches using this fan aimed directly at the plants.

3ACE705A-FD1C-446A-89D8-92C13C9C9773.jpeg

This is a huge boon for me as an indoor grower. I can fit more plants in an area without being overly concerned about airflow. I can have stronger branches, less issues, and I don’t have to defoliate to make sure proper air circulation is happening. This is great for me because I really don’t like defoliating and removing leaves the plant has worked hard on creating.

The AeroWave E6 also comes with a type C cable which allows you to link it into the Vivosun Grow Hub system. I do not currently have that setup in my grow but @LKABudMan does and has extensive journals dedicated to this aspect. It’s a pretty cool system that allows you to automate a lot of your grow to really help dial in your environment. I highly suggest folks check out his journals for more information and real life examples of it in action.

All in all, the AeroWave E6 could be called a force multiplier. It helps to alleviate many common issues indoor growers face such as Powdery Mildew, bud rot, and certain pests, while enabling us to raise stronger, healthier plants. That’s a lot of benefits from one piece of equipment. I currently have 4 fans in my room plus the AeroWave E6. I will be replacing 3 of those clip fans with the AeroWave E6. I’ve seen what it can do and don’t want to go back to just regular old clip fans any m
Heyyy, thank you so much for your detailed and lovely review! We appreciate it a lot!! If you have any other advice for improvement, please do not hesitate to dm us, we are more than happy to take it!💚💚💚 btw, The AeroWave E6 Clip-on Fan will be back in stock for Canada this June!

@VIVOSUN my whole set up is VIVOSUN I love it I do have a improvement suggestion to program it in the app where you can set per day two oscillating fans to different speed then the other one vice versa in-line fans but irregardless I love all my stuff and I have the little controller to you can get to controll a single in-line and the growhub obviously much love 👊🌱❤️‍🔥

Back
Top Bottom