Voldemort's Sister's Cannabis

Brother T

Aka She who shall not be named as her proper name is not to be spoken on this forum. While i read the rules, I admittedly skipped over he / she who should not be named as I knew no one being new here...my bad. Note to self...read the fine print... Apologies

All gud, growing to help those walking the walk... some their last few miles. Cannabis is NOT a cure but it can be comfort care.

I grew up on the street...and these days those streets are more dangerous than ever so I don't want their milk toast, suburban kids out in the hood trying to buy to help Mom, Dad, Memaw, Pepaw or whomever. Maybe they'll just get ripped off...maybe fentanyl laced crap...maybe worse... regardless, the risk is too high. Hence, my effort...

This little plant was a cast off, headed for compost as, despite my best effort, I failed miserably. Tears for my failure as not about getting high, rather, growing to help others get by...and disappointed in my inability to cultivate a weed...

As Yogi said, 'it ain't over until it's over' so it became about learning. She who shall not be named was a 2" stalk with 4 yellowing, curled leaves after 6 weeks of growth...or lack there of. Sigh...I build bikes from ground up...she would be considered a basket case.

New soil...real soil, organic soil... not the crap you buy at a bug box home improvement store...and organic, no friggin chems / nutes. Soft light as she was more than stressed then idiot me over watered when I transplanted so let her dry out. Low & behold, greenage despite my best efforts to add her to my body count.

Few weeks later, baby girl doing. Doubled in size, greenery.... some burned tips caz i got over anxious with lights but thankfully I backed off. Now, curl almost gone. Learned you can't go from 5k lux to 50k in a day. Slow & steady, ramped back up to 35k...She won't break any records, heck, just keeping her alive is a success..
a single bud would be epic....

Prayers up on bended knee for those fighting the good fight...and for all those walking with...warriors all...may we each find peace with the inevitable. Personally, I take comfort in knowing that someday they & I will meet again...

Peace to all ...

IMG_20220429_180455725.jpg

Another week in, all Mondays or so it seems. Brought in my vegi seedlings a few weeks ago the weather forecast said frost...and in came the fungus nats. Some Neem made short work of them. Then I discovered the moisture / light / ph meter I bought cheap is just that... cheap crap. Oh well, at least the soil got good & dry.

On the upside, started 12/12 light cycle 5 days ago & the plant has entered the pre-flower stage. I posted a pic. The plant has been thru the ringer, talk about stressed, so I'm keeping a close eye to see if she needs to be re-named Hermi..ne. I don't see any pollen sacks but this is still new to me.

Appreciate all the support. Peace to all...

IMG_20220508_061441196.jpg

Another week in, all Mondays or so it seems. Brought in my vegi seedlings a few weeks ago the weather forecast said frost...and in came the fungus nats. Some Neem made short work of them. Then I discovered the moisture / light / ph meter I bought cheap is just that... cheap crap. Oh well, at least the soil got good & dry.

On the upside, started 12/12 light cycle 5 days ago & the plant has entered the pre-flower stage. I posted a pic. The plant has been thru the ringer, talk about stressed, so I'm keeping a close eye to see if she needs to be re-named Hermi..ne. I don't see any pollen sacks but this is still new to me.

Appreciate all the support. Peace to all...

IMG_20220508_061441196.jpg
Just pistols :thumb: all good.
Hope you are well my friend l

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Perhaps folly but cost me little & I 'm gaining a lot of knowledge...poor lil girl is maybe 8" tall but she's a good teacher.

Soil...1 part peat, 1 part black cow compost, 1 part perilite. Nutes ..Fox Farms...equal parts Grow Big, Big Bloom & Tiger Bloom, all half strength from FF pdf. Just enough water to see a little runoff...using the knuckle test which seems to be working for my other plants.

Light at 12/12 so she's out in the living space with the basil rather than the gro area which is running LEDs 18 hrs. Temp & RH ~75F, 45% which isn't too bad...still a long way to go...

Perhaps folly but cost me little & I 'm gaining a lot of knowledge...poor lil girl is maybe 8" tall but she's a good teacher.

Soil...1 part peat, 1 part black cow compost, 1 part perilite. Nutes ..Fox Farms...equal parts Grow Big, Big Bloom & Tiger Bloom, all half strength from FF pdf. Just enough water to see a little runoff...using the knuckle test which seems to be working for my other plants.

Light at 12/12 so she's out in the living space with the basil rather than the gro area which is running LEDs 18 hrs. Temp & RH ~75F, 45% which isn't too bad...still a long way to go...
Hey Bro when you say the knuckle test,mis that how you decide to water?
Your ladies need a good dry out. :Namaste: IMO
Slightly overwatered my friend.
Lifting the pot is a better way to tell water weight in there.
Just 2 cents.
Take care.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Well, it was bound to happen…unless I’m misinterpreting what appears to be pollen sacks, she is now a hermie. All good as I doubt that any buds that did mature would produce much. A few seeds, more than likely inferior, could come in handy to grow out a few plants for learning purposes / practice.

One observation, aside from the male parts…the leaves are very dark green. This plant is living outside of the grow room and, with the appearance of the ‘boys’ has been moved to a different floor.

My other grow is CBD White Widow Auto. The leaves were yellowing on the margins and I thought it was a weak / insufficient nute issue so I went a little heavy on the fertilizer. I later discovered that the humidity was way out of control in the grow room (since corrected) which potentially inhibited the uptake of water & nutes from the soil. I’m spit balling here but thinking since Hermione received the same dose of nutes as the ones in the grow room but lives in a much lower humidity environment, that he/she didn’t have the same uptake issue. Hence, the plant received too much nitrogen which would explain the dark green leaves.

I did a water flush, emptied the pan to prevent nutes from wicking back up into the soil, and will dry out, wait & see. Oh well, if nothing else, the humidity / uptake scenario fits the observations so chalking it up to a learning experience. Fingers crossed the discovery puts the grows back on tract…

Hope all are well…wish you each peace, blessing and all life holds…

Brother T

PS Bill, you're spot on...too wet...cut back on fluids..

hermie2.jpg

Well, it was bound to happen…unless I’m misinterpreting what appears to be pollen sacks, she is now a hermie. All good as I doubt that any buds that did mature would produce much. A few seeds, more than likely inferior, could come in handy to grow out a few plants for learning purposes / practice.

One observation, aside from the male parts…the leaves are very dark green. This plant is living outside of the grow room and, with the appearance of the ‘boys’ has been moved to a different floor.

My other grow is CBD White Widow Auto. The leaves were yellowing on the margins and I thought it was a weak / insufficient nute issue so I went a little heavy on the fertilizer. I later discovered that the humidity was way out of control in the grow room (since corrected) which potentially inhibited the uptake of water & nutes from the soil. I’m spit balling here but thinking since Hermione received the same dose of nutes as the ones in the grow room but lives in a much lower humidity environment, that he/she didn’t have the same uptake issue. Hence, the plant received too much nitrogen which would explain the dark green leaves.

I did a water flush, emptied the pan to prevent nutes from wicking back up into the soil, and will dry out, wait & see. Oh well, if nothing else, the humidity / uptake scenario fits the observations so chalking it up to a learning experience. Fingers crossed the discovery puts the grows back on tract…

Hope all are well…wish you each peace, blessing and all life holds…

Brother T

PS Bill, you're spot on...too wet...cut back on fluids..

hermie2.jpg
Sorry about the nanners my friend.
In soil you should be feeding full strength nutrients at 6.3 ph. to runoff.
Then let them dry right out. I mean dry dry.
Then give plain water at 6.3 ph to runoff.
Dry again.
Feed.
Dry.
Water.
Dry.
Feed.
Dry.
Water...... repeat until harvest.
Hope your having a nice day. :ciao:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom