Vortex's Lab: 4x4 Secondary Garden & Experimental Thread

I can see the little loupe I have becoming a major pain in the ass with plants all over. Single plant, ok, it did it's job. Multiple plants it's a bit tough to get it right.

So in the spirit of getting new toys to play with, I picked up a digital microscope. :D

It wasn't what I went to see Bezos for (needed more gloves, used my last pair when makin ribs a week or so ago), but it was one of the things that ended up in the cart.

Yesterday wasn't a great day outside the garden. I hate stupid people. :rofl:

Anyway, it was pretty late by the time I had a chance to get down into things. Took another look at the crack baby, and unless she starts pulling some amber out of her butt, it probably won't be this weekend. One of the places I was seeing some of the amber turned out to be part of a sugar leaf creeped in a tick, so that slowed the roll just a hair.

I don't want a lot of amber in her, but I do want a little bit. Maybe 8%-10%, since she's supposed to be a daytime, motivational strain. She's real close, but just not quite there. I'll know more when I can get a better look at her tonight with the (new) microscope that should be here this afternoon. (Along with a new box of gloves, and some more scissor cleaner. :D)

Thanks!

I've noticed a few more colors starting to pop on the Mexican Airlines, Six Shooter, and Green Crack. I'll try and get some new pics tonight. :)

Yesterday wasn't a great day outside the garden. I hate stupid people. :rofl:

Anyway, it was pretty late by the time I had a chance to get down into things. Took another look at the crack baby, and unless she starts pulling some amber out of her butt, it probably won't be this weekend. One of the places I was seeing some of the amber turned out to be part of a sugar leaf creeped in a tick, so that slowed the roll just a hair.

I don't want a lot of amber in her, but I do want a little bit. Maybe 8%-10%, since she's supposed to be a daytime, motivational strain. She's real close, but just not quite there. I'll know more when I can get a better look at her tonight with the (new) microscope that should be here this afternoon. (Along with a new box of gloves, and some more scissor cleaner. :D)
Scissor Cleaner!! I knew I forgot something. :(

Should have some at a pipe shop, grow shop, or dispensary in your area. I've used the "420" pipe cleaner in a pinch as well.

I would think I would have someplace close by. My area has several Hydroponic shops specializing in Cannabis growing. Worst case I use rubbing alcohol. I have 4 pairs of scissors and 3 can sit in the alcohol.

I would think I would have someplace close by. My area has several Hydroponic shops specializing in Cannabis growing. Worst case I use rubbing alcohol. I have 4 pairs of scissors and 3 can sit in the alcohol.

Shouldn't be too bad. I think most grow shops have something like that available. At least any I've been is usually have it around somewhere. The "420" pipe cleaner I have as a backup would work for scissors too. It's a liquid (mostly alcohol) with some type of crystallized stuff to thicken it up a bit.

Two of my scissors claim to be "non-stick blades". I'm not very confident.

I wouldn't be. Mine still gum up, but maybe not quite as quick.

You can use olive oil to clean your scissors just put a bit in bowl and dip a paper towel in it so it soaks a bit of the oil up then rub the paper towel on your scissors and it cleans them right up.

You can use olive oil to clean your scissors just put a bit in bowl and dip a paper towel in it so it soaks a bit of the oil up then rub the paper towel on your scissors and it cleans them right up.

I’ve never heard of that. I’ve got a sticky-ish pair I’ll give a go with that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip! :headbanger:

OK, this is where this should have gone. :rolleyes:

Well, here's the Crack Baby. Some rando's from a sampling of buds. Looks like I know what I'll be doing tomorrow, unless I suddenly turned into Ray Charles and can't see shit. :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Gotta say the microscope made a big difference. I tried again with the loupe and couldn't see the same.

IMG_3515.JPG

IMG_3516.JPG

IMG_3517.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3519.JPG

IMG_3520.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

The Crack Baby will be stepping up to the chopping block in just over an hour. Waiting for the lights in the RDWC to turn on. In the meantime, I need to find where I stuck my card table. The rest of the gear is already staged for action. :)

Good call

I thought so. While I'm certain there were no light leaks in the RDWC tent, I'd rather not take any chances and play it safe.

It’s a shame but some breeders are releasing seeds that still have a tendency to hermie. A landrace I can live with but not a worked strain.

I know, right? Step1, don't buy shit genetics. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So far these girls are doing really well in flower. A little scare on the green crack, but those ended up just being fat-ass calyxes.

The Six Shooter is maybe 2 weeks from being ready, and I noticed on her last night that she's throwing new green calyxes and pistils. Looks like she's starting that final swell, so that's nice. I'll probably let her go a hair longer, since she's supposed to be a heavy indica and will be (intentionally) a nighttime strain. So maybe let her get 30%-35% amber on her.

The others will be typical 10%-15%, and maybe only 5% on the super lemon haze for daytime use.

That’s a good ratio for insomnia, possibly a little couchlock.

Exactly what I'm shooting for.

She's not a huge plant, but does have some nice, fat buds on her. Maybe 18-24 good ones that might be 6" tall and 2" wide. She took training really well, and has a great tabletop shape to her. Definitely the overall shortest strain in the tent, and would be great for a short space or stealth grow. I would have to measure, but I bet she isn't more than a foot tall. If the end result is good, I would (and will) definitely grow her again.

Back
Top Bottom