Want to try a living organic soil mix

captaincronik

So iv been reading over a few things.. what really draws me to this method is the finished product.. Connoisseur grade flavour/burn. And from what iv been reading. Its the way to go...

My only question for now is..

Where do most of you go to source all the necessary items for creating a living organic soil..
Im in Ontario if that helps..

Do most ppl just buy online...
Retail stores?
Garden centres?

Just curious as i dont want to turn this into a big hunt.

Like where the hell would one find crustacean meal locally, if possible?

Thnx in advance

So this is a fully organic " nutrient program " follow instructions kind of thing...
Base to be used is promix?? So no premixed and "cooked" soil..

Does this really qualify for living organic soil?...
Hi captain - nice to meet you :ciao:

Yes - Doc’s Hi Brix Blend kit is a “point and shoot” kind of set up. The peat base (ProMix HP) gets mixed with worm castings and a specially designed mineral ammendment which gets cooked for 30days, as Gaz said. Then there are specific drenches and foliar sprays designed to grow and maintain a very powerful living soil community :cheesygrinsmiley:

There are also quite a few folk and some of the best growers on the forums who make their own living soils, I have done it a bit but I grow with Doc’s HBB kit now. I’m thinking of @Van Stank @conradino23 @bobrown14 @UrbanAchiever @LaquerHead and I thought maybe @Blew Hiller does his own as well... :hmmmm: There is likely others i have either forgotten or not encountered.

But for a really superb , like really superb, setup that requires very little work to get going (compared to researching and sourcing and building your own) and even less to maintain, that is based on years of R&D and produces some of the finest weed you will see, then you literally can’t do better than Doc’s gear.

There are heaps of Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend grower journals on the go right now, here are just a few, from @Mr. Krip @neikodog & @Duggan:

Hopefully all that gives you a few paths to follow and people to check out :thumb:

In Ontario there are sources for your organic soil mix.

Check this place out - I think its in or near TGA

I think they have pretty much everything in my soil mix as well as their own mix that I wouldn't hesitate to grow in.

I have a good friend that uses their mix @GodOfPot and he's killing it currently.

Suggest checking out his grow journal and mine if you like and wanna see some eye candy. Oh and there's an "eye candy" thread highly recommend that one! lol

Looking online... the only retailer they give it directly to is amazon.com... but wont ship to canada..
Might be hard to get my hands on it... just like everything else.. i swear we get all the crap in comparison to europe/uk and the US..
Someone round here gotta have theese kits.

blackswallowsoil.com

They have the mix.

Also another resource for soil building gear is:

After two years of building my soil its finally doing well. But, as a beginner, I could have gone about it differently. Docs High Brix Kit would be an easy, affordable, and excellent way to go. In hindsight, for my small grow. I only grow 4 plants at a time, give or take, and I currently have hundreds of gallons of soil and boxes of amendments. The money invested is considerable and for what I am growing seems to be overkill.

For a big garden that's okay. For 4 plants I would have been better off going with docs kit. Saving myself a lot of hassle and money.

Thanks bo and urban for responding to my call out and sharing your tips... useful info and perspectives
:Namaste:

@captaincronik i advise contacting Doc directly to discuss ordering. I know @Duggan (whose journal I linked you too earlier) is also in Canada and has been growing with Docs kit for years now, so you can definitely source everything you need there. Maybe a bit of postage extra for the kit but nothing as bad as what I pay here in Australia to get it shipped (still a great deal though, even so!).

bobrown also have you some great options for DIY or ready made LOS available in Canada :thumb:

Thanks bo and urban for responding to my call out and sharing your tips... useful info and perspectives
:Namaste:

@captaincronik i advise contacting Doc directly to discuss ordering. I know @Duggan (whose journal I linked you too earlier) is also in Canada and has been growing with Docs kit for years now, so you can definitely source everything you need there. Maybe a bit of postage extra for the kit but nothing as bad as what I pay here in Australia to get it shipped (still a great deal though, even so!).

bobrown also have you some great options for DIY or ready made LOS available in Canada :thumb:
Is there a direct messaging option i cant find a way to contact doc or duggan directly.

I bought about half from the local nursery and half off amazon. It's almost done cooking. Just follow the basic instruction and everything should go well. Mix everything up well, keep it moist (not soaked), and mix it up once or twice during the "cook". Listen to the folks here. They know what they're doing even if I don't (yet).

I bought about half from the local nursery and half off amazon. It's almost done cooking. Just follow the basic instruction and everything should go well. Mix everything up well, keep it moist (not soaked), and mix it up once or twice during the "cook". Listen to the folks here. They know what they're doing even if I don't (yet).

Yea im in canada and theres no option for shipping to canada for the kit

Yea im in canada and theres no option for shipping to canada for the kit

What kit? There's a kit?!

Seriously, I did not use a kit. I bought everything that was needed individually. Search for a good super soil recipe and you should be good to go. People do it different ways but usually end up in the same place.

What kit? There's a kit?!

Seriously, I did not use a kit. I bought everything that was needed individually. Search for a good super soil recipe and you should be good to go. People do it different ways but usually end up in the same place.
This is what I did. Its a pain in the ass in Canada. We have some great products available but once you starting going down the list the price adds up. Im committed so there is no going back for me. I have more soil than I know what to do with. I can easily say I spent over $500 on soil and amendments to this point. Storage containers another $150 to $200.

But I haven't depended on bottled nutrients for 2 years. Lately I use a bit of remos magnifical and some fish fertilizers. Even with all this, the results I see with doc buds kit is too good to not mention, but van stank also does well with his soil. I am still a bit of a mad scientist with it tweaking it as I go.

If you got the space, and the access to the ingredients, you can't go wrong. You know what's in your weed. But if you can use docs kit for reasonable price...thats also a good bet.

Back
Top Bottom