Website Upgrade: New Features

Minor suggestion.

The ignore function works great on this forum. Helps avoid conflict and makes it a more pleasant place to be. With so many members there is always going to be one or two people that just rub you the wrong way ;)

It would be nice if it worked more completely and the ignored member’s names did not show up at all. Right now their names show below posts -in the reactions, and also when their posts are quoted. It would be nice to not see those names.

So we can forget their existence completely :laughtwo:

The ‘show ignored content’ option is there at the bottom if we need it. :thumb:

:thanks:

This has been done :Namaste:

The ignore function works great on this forum. Helps avoid conflict and makes it a more pleasant place to be. With so many members there is always going to be one or two people that just rub you the wrong way ;)

It would be nice if it worked more completely and the ignored member’s names did not show up at all. Right now their names show below posts -in the reactions, and also when their posts are quoted. It would be nice to not see those names.

On the other hand, it could potentially be useful to see that information. Suppose that quoted information was malicious (or even merely some sort of cultivation information that was posted as being true/factual, but isn't) - it'd be easier to deal with it if you knew who posted it (and where). IMHO, of course.

While wishes are coming true, I'd like to ask that we get a "sort by date" option in the quick search, so we can search "this thread" and have the results by date, which I find much more useful.

I've been begging the developers for this forever, nobody seems to give me a straight answer. I've spent probably fifty hours on this collectively over the last year. I spend a lot of time on it, ask our team and the developers a bunch of questions, then someone stops replying and I forget where we left off.

@Marc Ocean can you please give us a summary of where we are on this and if you see any possible light at the end of the tunnel?

It's pretty obvious that when you do a basic search, the results are way out of order, which is completely worthless to me honestly. It drives me nuts, we're all on the same page on this ridiculous oversight by the developers.

Thanks Rob :passitleft:

On the other hand, it could potentially be useful to see that information....it'd be easier to deal with it if you knew who posted it (and where).

I hear you TS. I could see it either way, but from my point of view, when I stick someone on the ignore list, at that point it’s because I really just want to ignore them. If I’m in the mood to check out whatever they’re probably yapping about, I can always go down and click on ‘see ignored content’. Mostly I’d actually rather just forget they exist and move on in peace.

Yeah it would be nice to be able to ‘deal with it’. But ... you know... it’s usually pointless trying and this is how things get out of hand. Hence the ignore button- a wonderful electronic luxury :)

It would appear that a limit for the number of lines we can have in our signature blocks has been put into place. I agree that this has become necessary. What I'd like to suggest is that members move most of their links to past grows, and other handy information to their profile. I'll work on mine today.

It would appear that a limit for the number of lines we can have in our signature blocks has been put into place.

Yeah, there's a thread about it. Something about people who choose to use a tiny cell phone screen instead of something of reasonable size being put out by them, I think. If that's the case, it would probably be a lot more helpful to configure the forum software to only display a member's .SIG in the first post of each thread he/she posts in instead of having it set up as it is now, which is to display the things over and over and over and... That's probably a bigger pain in the ass for them than the actual size of the .SIGs, I'd guess. I try to remember to go back after posting (after an initial post) and use the option to not display it, but I have no doubt that I forget occasionally.

I turn off Sig's
Don't care about years of old threads....lol

Especially all the emoji Sig's....

But some have 30 lines of Sig's, which is ridiculously large and not needed

This has been done

Wow thank you. Just noticed this. Thanks for listening.
Can I point out - the ‘view ignored content’ option, which sort of tied everything together and made it all work smoothly, has also disappeared. That is a very useful function, the only option if you choose to check out the missing posts in a thread. Also sometimes it’s easy enough to accidentally hit the ‘ignore option and block a member you didn't mean to block- so it’s nice to have that easy option at the bottom to check what you’re missing.

Re the search function- despite the obvious weirdness of the search results appearing in somewhat random order instead of by date, I’d like to mention how great the new search engine is compared to what we had in the past.

Cheers :passitleft:

Can I point out - the ‘view ignored content’ option, which sort of tied everything together and made it all work smoothly, has also disappeared. That is a very useful function, the only option if you choose to check out the missing posts in a thread. Also sometimes it’s easy enough to accidentally hit the ‘ignore option and block a member you didn't mean to block- so it’s nice to have that easy option at the bottom to check what you’re missing.

@Marc Ocean do you have any feedback on this?

While wishes are coming true, I'd like to ask that we get a "sort by date" option in the quick search, so we can search "this thread" and have the results by date, which I find much more useful.
And this...this too! Been asking about it since last March. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Can I put in a request here? I'd like an "Order by date" option to be in the quick search box. That's the only place "Search this thread" is an choice.

When I search for a word in my thread, the results are all by "Relevance" which doesn't help me find the recent ones. And there's no way to search in a specific thread in Advanced Search, which is where Date is an option.

Toggling to BB code is now broken. At a minimum we can't see the cursor. We can't highlight sections of the code for editing. If we move the mouse cursor and left click, we can add or remove text at that point, but the cursor for the message box is not in sync with the mouse cursor.

Back
Top Bottom