Website Upgrade: New Features

It was actually updated in 3 sections, so like TS said, please read the entire thing to catch up on what has been updated since you read last, if even ever. We've updated things about half a dozen times since advising you guys and gals :thanks:

Oof. This was something I never came across before. I started a conversation with a recipient and typed in my message. After 10 minutes of proof reading and making adjustments I hit the Start Conversation button.
A pop up window appears stating something along the lines of I need to have 50 posts or the recipient has conversations disabled.
The feature of disabling conversations is good, but not knowing they disabled it until you send your message was frustrating.

Could it be set up so that pop up window appears as soon as the member is added to the recipient list? I'd go as far as saying to not even show their name so you can never select it but then that would lead to confusion on if they were a member or not.
:thanks:

Could it be set up so that pop up window appears as soon as the member is added to the recipient list?
I see your reasoning. Sounds tricky to do. Let's ask the expert. @Marc Ocean

Oof. This was something I never came across before. I started a conversation with a recipient and typed in my message. After 10 minutes of proof reading and making adjustments I hit the Start Conversation button.
A pop up window appears stating something along the lines of I need to have 50 posts or the recipient has conversations disabled.
The feature of disabling conversations is good, but not knowing they disabled it until you send your message was frustrating.

Could it be set up so that pop up window appears as soon as the member is added to the recipient list? I'd go as far as saying to not even show their name so you can never select it but then that would lead to confusion on if they were a member or not.
I'm guessing you did: Inbox -> Start a new conversation.

If you go to a member's profile or open the overlay, it should have a "Start Conversation" button. This button shouldn't display for the member you tried to start a PM with.

start convo.png

But if it does, send me the member's username in a PM and I'll look into it.

Yes, from the top menu bar, off my laptop.
That works as intended then. That page isn't connected to a specific member, so the only way to return the error to you is after you send the request.

The other part of my message informs you how to check if you can send a PM to someone.

A member the other day uploaded a pic to the off topic gallery and quickly realized after she had not edited it and some personal info was available for others to see. She did report it but my question is would there be a way for a member to remove uploaded photos within a certain time limit before it's locked in? Similar to how we can edit a post.

Obviously there is a reason why we can't do it now but I'm not sure what that is.

A member the other day uploaded a pic to the off topic gallery and quickly realized after she had not edited it and some personal info was available for others to see. She did report it but my question is would there be a way for a member to remove uploaded photos within a certain time limit before it's locked in? Similar to how we can edit a post.

Obviously there is a reason why we can't do it now but I'm not sure what that is.

Not sure, we'll look into it though :thanks:

@MrSauga

Our wonderful webmaster, @Marc Ocean, has woven his magic.

Just as with a regular post, members now have 420 minutes in which they can remove a photo from the Members Gallery or Off Topic Photos.

If a photo needs to be removed for security reasons after that time, please report the photo and the Moderators will address it.

@MrSauga

Our wonderful webmaster, @Marc Ocean, has woven his magic.

Just as with a regular post, members now have 420 minutes in which they can remove a photo from the Members Gallery or Off Topic Photos.

If a photo needs to be removed for security reasons after that time, please report the photo and the Moderators will address it.

That's fantastic Teddy! Thanks to all who made that happen. :love:

i'd really appreciate the time that has been put into this website and the accomplishment. I was wondering if there can be grammer and spelling feature added. I'll bet you anything that both these three sentances of mine have spelling and grammer faults all over it :laugh:

i'd really appreciate the time that has been put into this website and the accomplishment. I was wondering if there can be grammer and spelling feature added. I'll bet you anything that both these three sentances of mine have spelling and grammer faults all over it :laugh:
If you Right Click in the text box for posting, a drop down menu appears. Select Spell Check--> Use Enhanced Spell Check and you should be all set. It won't fix grammar mistakes but it will hilite most speeling errors. :cheesygrinsmiley:
1600265932285.png

If you are on a computer just put the cursor on the misspelled word & click the right side of the mouse. A box will pop up with the correct spelling. Click the word & now it's corrected. I use this a lot ... lol.
lol, it wasn't doing it for me, but @MrSauga nailed it;)

We just went through a major software upgrade in the forums, many changes and new features, please take a look around and test everything. Posting threads, replies, uploading images, checking User CP changes, test for page load speeds, upload speeds, etc. and share your thoughts and if you find any errors, etc :thanks:

My first thought (besides the fact that it seems to be working okay at first glace), is that it take many additional clicks to get access to all the posting tool that used to be there by default.
capwser.JPG

And when you click a second set of three dots, the other open toolbar goes away. So if you want to insert an emoji/image, you need to click 2 above. Then if you want to italicize something, you click 1 above and the emoji/image toolbar goes away. If you want to insert another emoji/image, you have to click 2 again, and so on.

My first thought (besides the fact that it seems to be working okay at first glace), is that it take many additional clicks to get access to all the posting tool that used to be there by default.
capwser.JPG

And when you click a second set of three dots, the other open toolbar goes away. So if you want to insert an emoji/image, you need to click 2 above. Then if you want to italicize something, you click 1 above and the emoji/image toolbar goes away. If you want to insert another emoji/image, you have to click 2 again, and so on.

@Marc Ocean any feedback on this?

Back
Top Bottom