Website Upgrade: New Features

To anyone who is looking for the "Preview" thing, it has now hopped on board the row(s) of icons in the message box. It's the one that's a magnifying glass on top of a sheet of paper. Has nothing to do with zooming, enlarging text, or searching. The magnifying glass is just a coincidence.

To anyone who has found it, used it, and is now wondering why they can no longer edit the message they were working on... The forum hasn't locked up on you; the message entry box is now also the message preview box. That's why it looks like it's frozen. And the preview thing is now a toggle - so you have to move your mouse cursor back up to it and left-click on it again in order to continue the message creation process.

At least that's how it is now for me
^This is what i meant by navigating better by the evening. Maybe the tweaks were in progress during the day. I sort of saw this evolution without a mouse or much concern.
With the expanded tools defaulted it allows even the highest to find the buttons near where they were preupdate, but not so "new" that you are deterred from testing it.

Rambling about what I do love is that your drafted message stays put if you leave the page, that is saweet and not new...but still sweet.

Only thing I've noticed is on my mobile there is quite a delay before images in posts will appear. Also, unless I've missed something, when attaching images I couldn't see a button to insert all images in one go. Have to select that for each individual image now.

Which OS (Android version #, iOS version #, etc.) and which web browser? That kind of information might help in dealing with issues such as you describe, or at least determining whether they're on the server side or on yours.

Which OS (Android version #, iOS version #, etc.) and which web browser? That kind of information might help in dealing with issues such as you describe, or at least determining whether they're on the server side or on yours.
Yeah of course. Android 8.0.0 and whatever the standard internet browser is. Not chrome or anything just the 'internet' app. I'm pretty clueless with phones to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if it's something my end.

I’ve been sitting here trying to replicate the problem. Sometimes it happens one in five times- sometimes more/ sometimes less - I don’t know what the trigger is.
Can you start a PM with me once you're able to reproduce the issue detailing the steps and a link to your post in this thread for reference? You can try clearing your cache/cookies to see if that helps too.
Also, unless I've missed something, when attaching images I couldn't see a button to insert all images in one go. Have to select that for each individual image now.
There should be an "Insert multiple..." button below the attached images.

I'll send a PM to find out more info about the other thing.

Loving the new look and feel to the tools. Thanks for doing the hard yards, folks!

Just wondering if you’re planning to reinstate the ‘preview’ function? I for one find it useful just to check spelling and such and seeing that pictures match text, etc before posting.

Maybe this feature is now on a button in a toolbar?

Thanks for all your hard work making this forum possible.:thanks:
:adore:
Absolutely!
We must be the luckiest gardeners/medical students anywhere on the Internet.

I like the new uncluttered workspace area :thanks:
It is less confusing visually. This is bound to increase participation rates among members I’m sure.

How about that new logo? :bravo:
Shhh!
We all see it, and are already working on getting that image replaced with MAGAZINE in white. We unfortunately missed it in the test run on our dev site.

I found something that is more difficult after the changes. I may need to find the tap sequence on the tablet, but I can't collect a link from the share icon (top right of each post option)...I think there was a copy button to the left side of the "share post" text that I can't find anymore. I can highlight text but there is no option beyond the "share post" icons to copy.

Also, below is what i mean by the similar post addition populates a lot of area. In this example I can not place the curser to edit or type in (edit: or above, it is in the box and I need to start over each quote in a post) the text box. I needed to remove the quotes make more space, go back recollect them, reorder them, make the box bigger using enter :bong: could be the user.

20201031_015133.jpg

With that said, these are additional steps that were not noticed by the user preupgrade, functionality wise I do not see not errors or delays. These may be livable modifications and I certainly don't mean to complain about, just observations.

Thanks for all of it that goes unnoticed, eh!

IDK, but I see you've got that big blank space in the icon row, also. I thought maybe that one was due to my setup, like the other one apparently is. If not for that, my icon row would only take up one line (I have to zoom the webpages in order to be able to read, or else grab my sheet magnifier, and I like to keep it downstairs by the front door so I can use it to see my mail).

im sure this one already exist and is probably a setting justification. I've even tried playing around with the setting notification but still isn't doing what i want. I was hoping that the notifications posts would stay active until i click on the the particular post which then it would take me to that page and mark it as read. Unfortunately, when i click on the notification button all the posts in that notifications become already read. so then i can't figure which one i read and which one i didnt. :bong:

Pages was already loading fast for me so i don't see a difference there. another pointer, when you load a page the notification button shows me different number of unread post but then it quickly goes away. I'll reset my cash and see if things change.

while i was thinking, would it be possible to put a favorite button next to similar posts. Some journals gets lost and having a fav journals to ensure you could follow fully be awesome.

Very minor suggestion but kind of similar to PK1’s so maybe worth mentioning.

The thing I click on most is ‘watched threads’. For me on mobile at least, the link is somewhat buried. I access it by clicking on the so called ‘hamburger’ button at top left- then locating ‘420 forums’ on the long list, then another scroll down through a list to ‘watched threads’. With my limited vision I seem to actually have to hunt for it each time.

Seems like maybe that subscribed threads link is one of those links that could be put up top in that unused black space -for instant gratification- like the lighting bolt one?

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom