Weed Country - Anyone Watched It?

Discovery premiered what I assume is a new series last Wednesday called weed country. Takes.place in the emerald triangle and.is just kinda a look into the lives of a medical grower. It was interesting ill watch again tonight. Its on at 7 if ur on direct TV and 10 (ithink) if anyone's interested. I didn't catch the whole first episode anyone have any thoughts?

is it a new show cause i havnt heard about it here and i usually catch most the herb shows on tv later at night when im up toking and wishing about the big things lol..i got time warner and dont see it on the guide either

It really is. The epileptic 3 year old tears my heart out. Then to find his growers garden gets raided next week. Better show than I anticipated. The older Guy is kinda a dip shit tho. The smuggler guy

It's staged sooo bad like all the other reality shows, you're not gonna have a camera in a cops face during a traffic stop. The cops know exactly what everyone is doing and I think its hilarious that they portray it like they don't. I grew up 50 miles from there, and if you get in a helicopter you can't fly without seeing farm after farm. Just like moonshiners, ya don't commit felonies on camera!

Positive aspects:

1. Great for growers to see what they are up against, so they can develop better security. Like athletes watching recorded games of their opponents.

2. America gets to see what really goes down in our industry and can make their own opinions on whether or not the cops are doing the right thing. Every time one of those officers makes an invalid statement in an episode, they'll get flooded with mail/phone calls from all of the watching activists abroad, advising them of how wrong they are and schooling them on the reality of the damage they are doing to our society. In essence, it will backfire on the cops and in the end they will have a major education of how they are truly screwing up here. Once people know the truth, they always change their minds. Unless of course they are unethical beings benefiting from its illegality.

3. Everyone gets to hear the stories of the medicinal aspect and reasoning for doing what they do. Yes there are the ego based profiteers that are feeding the other side's actions, however the real life stories of sick and dying humans is epic. Whether they be a child or an adult, they are shown being treated with this plant and making full recoveries and/or simply having a better quality of life. THIS is what the world needs to see in order to change their minds. It's not about a bunch of cool kids getting high.

There are more, just wanted to share a few while the thought was fresh.
:Namaste:

Weed Country - Anyone Watched It?

Iv watched all so far, i agree that its a TV show, but atleast our cause is getting exposure .....:420:

I know right? Lol. Like buying said "there's a man looking to go to hail's
its definetly scripted but its not horrible yet. Season 3 Is when discovery really starts scripting the shit to the point of totally unwatchable

I know right? Lol. Like buying said "there's a man looking to go to hail's
its definetly scripted but its not horrible yet. Season 3 Is when discovery really starts scripting the shit to the point of totally unwatchable

I put it on about the same scale as devils ride, embarrasing....to them...LOL! I would like to see a real reality show about mmj, it's not like we dont have enough people to do this without the game. The reality is the most compelling aspect of our plight, IDK if that lady was scripted or a real mom with a desperate desire to help her child. If we allow hollywood to depict us I'm afraid it's not going to be near accurate. My family has been in the sacramento valley since the 1700s, I may not know much, but............

In my opinion a TV show is not going to change things for us. It's going to be friends, family, us talking to them. Along with the legalization movement, that will be where the change comes from.

Anything on TV is fake, in my eyes. The truth and reality is in our daily lives, not on a television screen.

I watched 5 episodes, I think a lot of it is contrived. For example pretending that the crews working with law enforcement are approaching the grows of the farmers being profiled. However, even if it is 100% fake, it does appear to be pro pot in a positive way, which is a good thing. It's better than the shows focusing on the cops side of things, this at least is giving a fair prospective.

I guess, I'm not sure the quote you mean MC?
I Googled B.E. Smith and he is an activist. The guy has some balls, he spent 6 years in Vietnam. Planted his grow with signs notifying authorities of what he did. Pretty cool, being I grow my two plants hiding in my basement like a rat lol :nicethread:
I kind doubt it, after the stupid shit he said to that kid!

I've watched a few episodes of the show and I have mixed feelings. The dispensary owner that got busted and drives the nice car is a tool, and he gives the impression that all dispensary owners are heartless money hungry business crooks, and he shows no compassion for anything but money. No wonder he got busted because in Cali, dispensaries are supposed to be non profit.

I do feel for the 3yr old with the seizures and wish they would show more heartfelt stories like this, because this is what America needs to see to rid the negative connotation that MMJ brings to those who are stuck in their "old ways" and think MMJ makes zombies...

The head cop that is in charge of the raids is so full of BS when he is talking about tearing down peoples farms, saying for each plant they pull up, they save lives... thats such horse Shiz... he even goes as far as saying he would hate the pot to get in the hands of someone whos driving and they kill someone...when has this ever happened? last time I read, MMJ drivers drive slower and safer, and the blessing is that when we get too stoned, we dont drive... he seems to think you smoke a joint and you hop in your car on some crazy rampage or somthing... this is why the police and authorities should have no business making or commenting on the MMJ laws, they are so uninformed....

The guy that is making the concentrate for the little kid seems to have a heart, and they should focus on more people like him, who risk there butts doing good for others so they can live normal lives...This is what the show should focus on so America can wake up and see it is an effective medicine...

Overall I find the show entertaining but I just don't feel it sets the right image for what we are all trying to do...it makes it seem as though its all "for profit" and hardly touches on the medical users who depend on it...

I guess, I'm not sure the quote you mean MC?
I Googled B.E. Smith and he is an activist. The guy has some balls, he spent 6 years in Vietnam. Planted his grow with signs notifying authorities of what he did. Pretty cool, being I grow my two plants hiding in my basement like a rat lol :nicethread:

When they were sitting together discussing his court case...The whole reason he even met the guy...what half the show was based on.

Back
Top Bottom