Well water

Hey SwampDawg!!

it might help to know more about ppms

sulfur is plant friendly naturally occurring element… works as miticide & fungicide and can be used as a preventative for rust, pm and botyritis

sulfur can be added to soil mix or added to water for foliar spray …. however be aware that when used as foliar spray there is conflict between using sulfur & anything oil based within 2 weeks time since the combo can burn up your foliage

My well water's ppm is ~500 and ph is ~ 7.5

For years I hauled water and then switched to ph down with my water. Then @InTheShed had a conversation with a ProMix rep and was assured ph down is not necessary.

And of course it dawned on me I've managed to keep my house plants alive for decades with just my well water !

This is my third or fourth (?) grow now without phing down, the girls seem to be fine with it ;)

Day 3 The Girls 7 Mar 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

Sounds like you answered your own question. The human nose is extremely sensitive to sulphur compounds, known as thiols. Humans can detect it down to .3 parts per Billion! By the time the compounds would be dangerous to humans or plants the smell would have you gagging.

I know this thread is old but I just moved a few months ago and I now have well water. I have had nothing but issues with cannabis and houseplants(which I have over 200). I had my vivosun ph pen and it’s telling me it’s 8.39:oops: I use all organic inputs minus actual worms as of right now bc I’m using 7 gal fabrics on this run. I have 4 of the 30 gal that I’ll use next run which will be exciting if you ask me. So yea, after years of not worrying about ph, just ordered my first jug in years sadly…

I know this thread is old but I just moved a few months ago and I now have well water. I have had nothing but issues with cannabis and houseplants(which I have over 200). I had my vivosun ph pen and it’s telling me it’s 8.39:oops: I use all organic inputs minus actual worms as of right now bc I’m using 7 gal fabrics on this run. I have 4 of the 30 gal that I’ll use next run which will be exciting if you ask me. So yea, after years of not worrying about ph, just ordered my first jug in years sadly…

did you get an analysis to find out what's in it ? ph alone may not be the entire answer.

By the time the compounds would be dangerous to humans or plants the smell would have you gagging.
And before that the house probably would not have gotten a certificate of occupancy from the local health department unless there was a warning about the water.

did you get an analysis to find out what's in it ? ph alone may not be the entire answer.
This might give an idea of what is happening with the plants. And the health dept might have previous tests that they did still on file. They can also give out info on how to get a new test if one is wanted or needed.

Back
Top Bottom