Wembley

Where I am from we just call it weed oil. My concern would be how much iso your leaving in the oil iso is hazardous is if consumed. I used to make honey oil we used to call it like a poormans shatter. Use good bud or trim freeze trim and 99% iso. Then combine for a quick rinse Don't want to agitate to much. Just trying to get the THC no chlorophyll. Filter in coffee filter. Doing all the rinsing and filtering in the freezer. Evaporate the iso left with Amber colored oil that when cooled turns to glass if you drop it in the floor it will shatter like glass. I don't make much anymore wife won't let me do it the house. Damm I am rambling again.:sorry:

I'm still reading up on it all, and no idea which way I want to roll with it.

Pretty sure the MB2 is out. It works, but leaves way too much chlorophyll for me. Levo 2 seems to be better, but I read there's been a bunch of QC issues. Support is good, but too many people having issues.

There's the bubble machine, which the hash would then be used for oil. Although it can leave stuff behind.

There's the source turbo, which is an RSO machine that works under vacuum. The vacuum makes the alcohol boil off at lower temps, which is recaptured and can be reused. Down side seems to be initial cost (although reclaiming the alcohol seems to help), and not sure what the actual capacity is. IIRC it was somewhere around 1.5C of infused alcohol.

Then there's the Nova Flex (FX). It's a new nova model, does decab and infusion. Can hold up to 4oz of flower for decarb, and turns out a fairly clean infusion as it doesn't beat up the plant matter while infusing. Can't use alcohol

I think that, the source, and the bubble machine have made it through to my short list. From there I have no idea what I'll do.

Then there's the Nova Flex (FX). It's a new nova model, does decab and infusion. Can hold up to 4oz of flower for decarb, and turns out a fairly clean infusion as it doesn't beat up the plant matter while infusing. Can't use alcohol
The instapot does the same thing decarb and infuse all at once But no alcohol. That's why I think the rosin press would be best because it's a solventless extraction I don't think you can get much cleaner than that.

The instapot does the same thing decarb and infuse all at once But no alcohol. That's why I think the rosin press would be best because it's a solventless extraction I don't think you can get much cleaner than that.
That would work.

I'm still reading up on it all, and no idea which way I want to roll with it.

Pretty sure the MB2 is out. It works, but leaves way too much chlorophyll for me. Levo 2 seems to be better, but I read there's been a bunch of QC issues. Support is good, but too many people having issues.

There's the bubble machine, which the hash would then be used for oil. Although it can leave stuff behind.

There's the source turbo, which is an RSO machine that works under vacuum. The vacuum makes the alcohol boil off at lower temps, which is recaptured and can be reused. Down side seems to be initial cost (although reclaiming the alcohol seems to help), and not sure what the actual capacity is. IIRC it was somewhere around 1.5C of infused alcohol.

I think that, the source, and the bubble machine have made it through to my short list. From there I have no idea what I'll do.
Your talking about 2 completely different things. Oil extraction and oil infusion. You should be deciding which style would work best for you.

I've considered a 6ton dab press too, but not sure on how much goodies you get from it. I wonder if you could mix in just enough alcohol (food grade, not iso) to start breaking it down before pressing? Alcohol should evap, even though it isn't much, just enough to get it wet.

True I do infusion now with instapot. But would like to infuse my oil with rosin to get a much stronger cleaner product. Some dabs would be nice to.
I only mentioned the instapot because MV mentioned the Nova Flex I think the instapot does the same thing. I usually do just under a QP at a time.

I've looked at the instant pot stuff too. Specifically using a jar, etc. The infusions I've seen were mostly at ratios of 1/4oz to a cup of oil.

But I think we're on the same page though. Infusion with a stronger starting material. Whether that's rosin, rso, or hash.

I need to keep digging and figure out what's going to work best for me in the long run.

Where I am from we just call it weed oil. My concern would be how much iso your leaving in the oil iso is hazardous is if consumed. I used to make honey oil we used to call it like a poormans shatter. Use good bud or trim freeze trim and 99% iso. Then combine for a quick rinse Don't want to agitate to much. Just trying to get the THC no chlorophyll. Filter in coffee filter. Doing all the rinsing and filtering in the freezer. Evaporate the iso left with Amber colored oil that when cooled turns to glass if you drop it in the floor it will shatter like glass. I don't make much anymore wife won't let me do it the house. Damm I am rambling again.:sorry:
Isopropyl alcohol occurs naturally in the human stomach. Trace elements left in RSO aren't an issue, the amount of alcohol left in the oil is entirely up to you. If you drank it it absolutely WILL hurt you.

If your going smoke the stuff making it all nice and clean is a good idea, but if its going in a cookie why waste the compounds locked up in the plant. Im after as much psychoactive product as I can get. I could care less about how much chlorophyll is in my cookie. You can also pull a lot of chloraphyl by doing a water cure if you're worried about it. SweetSue does the freezer thing and makes a very clean extract.

I am buying a new light first the rosin press. Just need to get back to work.

I asked my step mom if it was true that palm springs had alot of gays. She said it's not a rumor. They like it hot I guess.
Look into building a rosen press. You can buy the plates and press them put them together.

Yes you make a good point there is lots of good stuff left in there for edibles. Just as I get older I am more concerned about my health. I have abused my body way to long. I also think I have been self medicating and not even realizing it untill I took a break. So I need my meds on a daily basis. Eating brownies helps but the fuckin sugar will probably turn me diabetic. I have been using dust alot lately.

What can bud be used for after being pressed or is it waste at that point?

Yes you make a good point there is lots of good stuff left in there for edibles. Just as I get older I am more concerned about my health. I have abused my body way to long. I also think I have been self medicating and not even realizing it untill I took a break. So I need my meds on a daily basis. Eating brownies helps but the fuckin sugar will probably turn me diabetic. I have been using dust alot lately.

What can bud be used for after being pressed or is it waste at that point?
After pressing there is a "puck" that has a fair amount good stuff left in it... they use alcohol to extract it... sorry man, you just can't win

Damn! It’s frickin hard to find a bottle like that of 99.9% iso.
The virus has made it very difficult to find. I had an order for months, they just canceled it. Ive been saving jars of decarb for a while.

I just checked BG Hydro. They have 1 gallon bottles for $50! Brutal. Thats about twice what it cost normally

If you can buy Everclear that will work, but you will end up with a lot of water, which sucks, and it will be expensive

The virus has made it very difficult to find. I had an order for months, they just canceled it. Ive been saving jars of decarb for a while.

I just checked BG Hydro. They have 1 gallon bottles for $50! Brutal. Thats about twice what it cost normally

If you can buy Everclear that will work, but you will end up with a lot of water, which sucks, and it will be expensive
Just grab yourself some quervo gold and go for it!

Back
Top Bottom