What’s wrong with my plant, leaves curling?

DrBigP

Dried curling leaves. Check this out in the picture. I have no clue what’s going on? Burnt, over watered?

Help, will she die?

image.jpg

Dried curling leaves. Check this out in the picture. I have no clue what’s going on? Burnt, over watered?

Help, will she die?

image.jpg
Good morning @DrBigP hope you are well today my friend.
Your in coco yes?
Coco requires being fed every day at exactly 5.8 ph with full strength nutrients.
You must put calmag in your water first, before nutrients.
You have to keep your coco wet at all times.
Also don't be afraid to fill your pots.
Your wasting valuable real estate there.
Are you following these parameters?

Stay safe
Bill

I'm pretty sure all that moisture on your leaves aren't helping matters any. It will cause more harm than good during lights on. What are your Temps like ? How close is your light & what type of light & true watts ? It's most likely one of those things causing it.

Yeah man, what happened was the following; I watered her so much that she didn’t drain properly and then when the lights came on in the morning she dried out so fast maybe she couldn’t drink because the pot was overwatered. Very very very very bad situation. And the sad thing is she was doing so well before the whole burn.

It looks like promix to me? If it is, let that soil dry out. She looks really overwatered to me, really focus on the wet/dry cycle. Let her tell you when shes ready, don't water/feed out of convenience.
But if its in coco follow Bills advice,

Good morning @DrBigP hope you are well today my friend.
Your in coco yes?
Coco requires being fed every day at exactly 5.8 ph with full strength nutrients.
You must put calmag in your water first, before nutrients.
You have to keep your coco wet at all times.
Also don't be afraid to fill your pots.
Your wasting valuable real estate there.
Are you following these parameters?

Stay safe
Bill
Bill the thing got fried under red light, the pot was full over loaded with water. I don’t know if it suffocated and couldn’t drink and that’s maybe the reason the leaves started burning. She was not up takings water and poof. SUPPER STUNNED. This is going to be a small plant. Maybe it makes her more potent, it will definitely have less buds tho.

Help, will she die?
We might be able to help but we need to know what type of soil, soil-less mix or hydro mix you are using. So far @Bill284 suggested it is a coco coir mix and @GainesvilleGreen is thinking it looks like one of the 20 or so blends of Pro-Mix soil-less grow media on the market.

In msg #5 your wrote: "I watered her so much that she didn’t drain properly and then when the lights came on in the morning she dried out so fast maybe she couldn’t drink because the pot was overwatered. Very very very very bad situation. And the sad thing is she was doing so well before the whole burn."

If the pot was overwatered then it is almost impossible for it to dry out so fast when the lights came on that the plant cannot take up water because it was overwatered.

One overwatering is not enough to damage the roots overnight nor cause leaf damage. Several days of overwatering can cause root problems but not overnight. When the roots are damaged from to much water what we see will be a droop of all of the fingers on all of the leaves and at the same time. We do not a couple of fingers on a couple of random leafs showing a water damage.

We also need to know what fertilizers, if any are being used, and the schedule.

I am betting that what is showing up is the very first signs of a Phosphorous deficiency. If it is, the next stage is for those dry areas on the edge of the fingers will spread so the entire finger is curling and drying and the color will start to turn a darker green going to a complete loss of green color and eventually the leaf is dead. Phosphorus is 'mobile' and a major nutrient.

We might be able to help but we need to know what type of soil, soil-less mix or hydro mix you are using. So far @Bill284 suggested it is a coco coir mix and @GainesvilleGreen is thinking it looks like one of the 20 or so blends of Pro-Mix soil-less grow media on the market.

In msg #5 your wrote: "I watered her so much that she didn’t drain properly and then when the lights came on in the morning she dried out so fast maybe she couldn’t drink because the pot was overwatered. Very very very very bad situation. And the sad thing is she was doing so well before the whole burn."

If the pot was overwatered then it is almost impossible for it to dry out so fast when the lights came on that the plant cannot take up water because it was overwatered.

One overwatering is not enough to damage the roots overnight nor cause leaf damage. Several days of overwatering can cause root problems but not overnight. When the roots are damaged from to much water what we see will be a droop of all of the fingers on all of the leaves and at the same time. We do not a couple of fingers on a couple of random leafs showing a water damage.

We also need to know what fertilizers, if any are being used, and the schedule.

I am betting that what is showing up is the very first signs of a Phosphorous deficiency. If it is, the next stage is for those dry areas on the edge of the fingers will spread so the entire finger is curling and drying and the color will start to turn a darker green going to a complete loss of green color and eventually the leaf is dead. Phosphorus is 'mobile' and a major nutrient.
I actually pulled her out, she wasn’t worth it plus she was so stunned. The plant was doing great in fact I had her next to other plants and those plants are fine, they got the same treatment and water and light, the 2 that are still fine are from fastbud420 and the one that got burnt was strawberry banana by amnesia seeds.

It may have been genetic cause they all got the same soil. Except the one that burnt was sitting in its own water. It was bad.

OK.

But some of us might still be curious as to what you are growing in. I know I am.;) Is it ProMix? Or, is it a mix of coco coir and something else?
It was coco coir , at the bottom of the pot I put some pro mix. Unfortunately she was just so stuffed, I had to just pull her out, she was dragging and it was a pain to look at, my other 2 also started to burn, luckily I caught them soon and flushed them quick. Set me back 1 week, however the indoor girls are looking decent right now. Not too big and definitely enough crop to see me through the winter. I will not grow in winter because I like to have a break, fold up the tent and just chill for 5 months.

OK.

But some of us might still be curious as to what you are growing in. I know I am.;) Is it ProMix? Or, is it a mix of coco coir and something else?
It was coco coir , at the bottom of the pot I put some pro mix. Unfortunately she was just so stuffed, I had to just pull her out, she was dragging and it was a pain to look at, my other 2 also started to burn, luckily I caught them soon and flushed them quick. Set me back 1 week, however the indoor girls are looking decent right now. Not too big and definitely enough crop to see me through the winter. I will not grow in winter because I like to have a break, fold up the tent and just chill for 5 months.

I feel bad for plucking her, but she was so young and I know that she could of made it, healthy roots and all, it was more of a pain to my eyes. The deformities became worse as the days went by.

I am truly saddened by the memory of strawberry banana . Anyway, it’s a touchy subject, as it’s never right to pluck a plant out so young, it’s not right.

Back
Top Bottom