What Could Go Wrong?

Time4420

Oh man...I have MD and some other stuff that causes severe pain in my ankles and wrists...I decided to grow my own. I lamented, to give myself confidence in my LED investment, what could go wrong?...lmfao!
EVERYTHING!!
Ive found out what ppl that grow already know.
Yeah, its a weed but like no other. From bugs to weather to power outage to just being ripped off.
Ive had probs. Lots. But not bugs...yet. I try to tell new growers and they, like I was, just dont understand.
What problems do you have?

I've only grown to 2 harvests in RDWC and so far I've encountered aphids, powdery mildew, fungus gnats, root rot, spider mites, and nitrogen toxicity.

I have one "go to" treatment that has helped me every time. 1 gallon water with 20ml neem oil concentrate, 2ml cinnamon leaf oil, 2ml 79% rubbing alcohol. Sprayed liberally every 4 days or so.

It got rid of everything except for root rot, which was caused by stagnant water sitting in the root ball (my fault) I fixed that by increasing the flow and adding more drainage.

Remembering to water...

My girl friend cooks at her place as i'm a terrible cook & chow time is when the lights come on which i often prefer to water/feed at that time...

It is bit like darling i'm going to be late for dinner, ok honey dinner is in the dog... Mmm my favourite stuffed dog & very unsuitable microwaved !

When i do turn up for dinner on time she then distracts me afterwards, often with a new pair of panties...

So watering is a slight issue with the women & the other girls in my life.

root rot in dwc
ph lockout
dropping my hood, bare bulb on my 3 week old baby
growing into the bulb
not being home to water
power outage and drowning my dwc's
mold when i went to do a cigarette tube box dry and ended up going out of town for an emergency, only to return to a moldy nasty mess 3 days later as i wasnt around to take them out and circulate twice a day

etc.

when i started i wanted to try all the tricks, products, techniques, you name it. I now get better results and a hell of a lot more stress free with just keeping it simple. Sure, i may get that extra zip if i go all out... but is it really worth it?

Bugs: First root aphids, then spider mites. I'm not sure which I hate more.

Back
Top Bottom