What do you guys think?

Franna81

420 Member
Morning all,
My name is Francois and live in south africa. I have a organic garden in n shade netting garden outside.
I grow in soil and have started having problem.
I am growning a girl scout cookies and blueberry and LA OG.
I water 3-4 days a week depending on temps.
I suspect calmag and potasium dificiencies.
Like what does this look like to you as I have never had these hasstles before?
Pic1-blueberry
Pic2-girl scout cookies

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_063735.jpg
    IMG_20200220_063735.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20200220_063652.jpg
    IMG_20200220_063652.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 115
Shot for the tag Lerugged.

Welcome franna, I'm also reasonably new to this forum and I'm new to growing so won't be able to help you there with that problem but I will be able to tell you that you have found a place with an amazing amount of knowledge!!

Cheers mr.Rugged...... :Namaste:

Hey hey welcome mr.Frannas nice to have another Saffa on board, on your 2nd pic of the greener looking leaves might be potassium deficiency according to the leaf deficiency guide with all the pics I looked at... Can't post up unfortunately as its on my whatsapp group media.
Just screen shot buddy.

Morning all,
My name is Francois and live in south africa. I have a organic garden in n shade netting garden outside.
Pic1-blueberry
Pic2-girl scout cookies
OK so the problem in the first one looks like too much nitrogen. I had the same with a cheese auto and it took a bit of effort to fix. What nutes do you have available? Is it going to be full organic?

Morning all,
Pic1-blueberry
Pic2-girl scout cookies
Hi Francois and thanks for the call. I am tending to agree with you about the type of deficiency we are looking at here, but the cause is still a mystery. Tell me more about your soil and confirm whether you are indoors or out. What are you giving the plant is the way of nutrients and are you doing anything to adjust the pH of your incoming fluids. You say you are watering 3-4 times a week, so roughly every other day, so it sounds like they are using large amounts of water. If you have been giving nutrients all along, have you ever flushed the soil of any leftover nutes and salts?
Also, i would love to see the entire plant from the side, with an indication as to whether this damage is occurring at the top bottom or middle of the plant.

Oh man that cracked me up this morning As I was baking XD you have no idea how funny that was for me lol. the air pump I am using is pretty damn loud, and have thought about giving coco a go just so I don’t have to listen to the pump running 24/7
Switch to coco :laugh:

Oh man that cracked me up this morning As I was baking XD you have no idea how funny that was for me lol. the air pump I am using is pretty damn loud, and have thought about giving coco a go just so I don’t have to listen to the pump running 24/7
You can give it a go. If you can do DWC then you will see coco is a breeze!

Hi Francois and thanks for the call. I am tending to agree with you about the type of deficiency we are looking at here, but the cause is still a mystery. Tell me more about your soil and confirm whether you are indoors or out. What are you giving the plant is the way of nutrients and are you doing anything to adjust the pH of your incoming fluids. You say you are watering 3-4 times a week, so roughly every other day, so it sounds like they are using large amounts of water. If you have been giving nutrients all along, have you ever flushed the soil of any leftover nutes and salts?
Also, i would love to see the entire plant from the side, with an indication as to whether this damage is occurring at the top bottom or middle of the plant.

Hi Emilya,
Thanks so much for your reply.
Ok so lets start with the questions.
I am doing this grow outdoors in a 40% shade netting area I constructed to keep the monkeys out. We have a very sandy type soil here and i feed a mixture of seagrow and nitrosol organic plant food and some bonemeal once a month maybe a little more. I did give my garden some 2-3-4 fertilzer 6weeks ago. One teaspoon per plant. (vegetable fert).
As for PH our water is always about 7.4 as my department at work does the monitoring of the PH (water treatment). I just let the water stand a day and the give it to them. But to be honest that's not much because we get a lot of rain during summer months.
As we are writing to each other I am busy flushing all my affected plants.
I will send you pictures in the morning but it seems like it is all staring in the centre of the plants affecting the older leaves first.

Hell I hope I answered all of the questions, :ganjamon:
Thank you so very much for taking the time. Have a great day

Shot for the tag Lerugged.

Welcome franna, I'm also reasonably new to this forum and I'm new to growing so won't be able to help you there with that problem but I will be able to tell you that you have found a place with an amazing amount of knowledge!!

Hi Rhys777,
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Nice seeing there are some of us on here. Well if you can't help, we'll learn together. Have a great one and chat soon

Calcium problems are hard to judge and I'm debating whether you have a deficiency or an excess or if the problems are just caused by the excessive rain. I would wait and see if the flush changes the symptoms at all and gives us a clue and I would go carefully with the bone meal at this point and I would maybe try to rig up something to shield the plants from some of the rainwater

Calcium problems are hard to judge and I'm debating whether you have a deficiency or an excess or if the problems are just caused by the excessive rain. I would wait and see if the flush changes the symptoms at all and gives us a clue and I would go carefully with the bone meal at this point and I would maybe try to rig up something to shield the plants from some of the rainwater

Sorry for all the questions but why do you say to be careful with the bone meal? To much nitrogen?
Why are you worried about the rain?
I really want to understand why these things are a problem?

I will send you some pics in a couple.
I have decided to also change my fertilizer with my next grow.
May I ask you what do you think of
Cannabiz- liqui compost
Cannabiz- biophos
Atami- bi grow mix substrate for my seedlings and mother plants?

Thanks for all the advice, i really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom