What if your plant shows browning tips?

H20gro

You are in dwc, two weeks after 12/12 flip your plant shows browning tips towards the top branches.

What would be your first guess as to cause? Excess? Or deficient? N?p?k?

Ive had this happen more than once, and was likely due to hard water issues, but if In RO and it happens i wanna know what yall think is the issue off the top of your head. Thanks for playing…

I grow in DWC and it sounds like you may want to back off a little on your nutrients. The burnt tips is normal and the plants way of tell you it is being fed to much.

What nutrient line and ppm's are you currently giving her?

Hope this helps,

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok,,
This is partly why i ask the question… i always thought burned tips meant too much nitro. @Bill284 (i think it was) saw a pic recently and suggested it was a potassium ask, if i recall correctly. Either way, doing more research a potassium deficiency looks like it begins w burned tips…. So im just not sure and want instinctive replies…. And i wanna be ready if it happens again now that im in ro

Im using GH 3 part plus calmag currently. When ive had this issue id gotten lazy w checking ppms while also using extra hard water unknowingly. Im now on top of ph and ppm daily and ppm is according to the light feed schedule GH provides. Again, not a current issue im having but have had enough that i wanna know whether its excess or deficiency…. Likely, in past its been due to not checking tds and using hard water so possible lockout.

Good morning when you start a crop how much ppm do you start with ? Thanks ! With the Dwc system
Good afternoon! Welcome. I dont use any nutes until late seedling stage when leaves appear. At that time i shoot for 500-600 ppm. Up to 800 (depending upon strain and conditions) in mid-late veg and closer to 1000-1200 during flower. This is assuming RO water is being used. If using tap water…. Itll be higher and its a crap shoot. Keep res clean and fresh, especially w tap water. Of course if tap water ppm is over 200, it can be a major hassle to dial things in.

Good morning when you start a crop how much ppm do you start with ? Thanks ! With the Dwc system

with RO i would usually run a little calmag until the first set of trues are established, and then start about 100 - 200 ppm and ramp up to 400 - 500 as the second and third roll in.

that's all 700 scale. i'd finish around 1200ppm. on 500 scale finish is about 800 - 900.

Good afternoon! Welcome. I dont use any nutes until late seedling stage when leaves appear. At that time i shoot for 500-600 ppm. Up to 800 (depending upon strain and conditions) in mid-late veg and closer to 1000-1200 during flower. This is assuming RO water is being used. If using tap water…. Itll be higher and its a crap shoot. Keep res clean and fresh, especially w tap water. Of course if tap water ppm is over 200, it can be a major hassle to dial things in.
Thanks for the info

with RO i would usually run a little calmag until the first set of trues are established, and then start about 100 - 200 ppm and ramp up to 400 - 500 as the second and third roll in.

that's all 700 scale. i'd finish around 1200ppm. on 500 scale finish is about 800 - 900.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom