What is this deficiency?

Freezy

The girls are getting there now they are around 5 weeks into flowering, id have to check my calendar for exact date. The six clones are doing great. They are a little over fed at the moment but not to the point where they have note burn they just look really dark green. My question is about the two mother plants. The ph of the soilless runoff seems a bit high but not by much. i used litmus paper to test it. There are yellowing leaves and some of the older ones on the bottom. it almost looks like nitrogen deficiency but I'm not sure. At first I thought it was cal mag but I've been adding that at full strength for a week and a half or so and its not the problem. I don't know tell me what you think. by the way I have been having a humidity problem. Can people please chime in here and help me out??

here is the link to my grow journal
Freezy's 1000W Indoor Grow 12/12 From Clone With Sonic Bloom

any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
20150811_165155.jpg
20150811_165206_1.jpg
20150811_165225.jpg

I gather these are the mother plants that you're concerned about is it Freezy?

I sure looks like N deficiency but if the pH is a little high that could be the problem. Litmus paper is not very accurate so what might look like 7.5 could be 8 etc. If it's just leaves near the bottom of the plant it could just be that they are getting old and tired and don't get enough light to stay green so the rest of the plant is stealing the mobile nutes like N from them.

Have they been growing more lately? That would pull nutes from the fans too if there isn't enough for the new growth in the soil or high pH is preventing the plant from taking in what it needs.

How long have the mothers been in the same pots? Root bound moms need to be repotted into a bigger pot or cut about 50% of the rootball off and put it back in the same pot with new soil to re-invigorate it and keep it healthy. Even if you go with a bigger pot it's a good idea to cut the bottom inch off it's rootball to get rid of long, stringy roots.

Mothers should also be fed a bit of bloom nutes a week or so before you take cuttings as the extra P and K promote root growth in the cuttings. And in the mothers as well.

Hope that helps.

L8R

Thank you both for your input. I did add a bit of grow nutes. First of all, just to clarify, the two big females are the mothers of the clones surrounding them in that picture. I do not plan on keeping them for further cloning I just cloned them because I didn't have much other options for more plants, and not enough time to veg them out as big as I would have otherwise.

I do believe that my ph could be to blame here but I'm confused as to what I should do to fix it. Let me elaborate…. I use a RO filtering system with a 30 gal res. It has ample air stones and air pressure to keep it aerated. I also use general organics nutes (they say not to adjust your ph). The last time I had a problem I believe it was salt build up in soil causing lockout. This was because I was phing the water after I added the nutes. From my understanding (I learned this after the fact) there is no way to accurately get the ph of organic after mixed into water and what you end up with is a very acidic ph- around 3.5 or so, or at least thats what it reads on my gauge. to get the reading back up to around 6.5 I had to add a ton of ph up, hence the salt build up problem. This time around I started phing the water before adding my nutes but when you try to ph RO water one little drop of ph down makes the ph plummet to acidic and I was paranoid so to speak about adding a bunch of ph up to avoid what happened last time so I just haven't adjusted the ph of the RO water. The organic nutes cannot be added and kept in the water for more than an hour so I mix them in a 5gal bucket. What do you think I should do given these circumstances?

Are you using the calmag with the GO line? I always used well water when I was running GO. It sat at 6.5 pretty steady until about mid bloom when the pH would drop a little bit from the extra phos. I never adjusted it, but since you're using RO water, you should build your water up a little with calmag before adding nutes. If you're already doing that, then I'm not sure. You should probably be adjusting your pH with something in that case. 3.5 is probably too low, even for a nicely buffered soil.

RO water has no pH so a wee bit of pH down makes it look way down but it has no more power to affect the pH in the root zone than the wee bit of pH down you put in. Put in a drop of pH in and it'll likely be 8+ but no more power than that drop of base.

Never keep your pH pen in RO or distilled water. It will suck all the minerals out of that glass ball and destroy the probe. If you don't have storage sol'n use 50/50 calibration sol'n/RO. Storage sol'n is best as it has the same mineral composition as what's in the glass ball. I leave mine in a shot glass of storage sol'n and as it evaporates just top it up with RO water.

Just mix your nutes and calmag in the RO then check the pH and adjust if needed.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom