What strains are considered loud?

Tmac23

Looking for which strains would be considered LOUD/GAS...the couple strains I have grown people that have tried said they would consider it MIDGRADE REGGIE...I want to grow the best of the best

Medium is fox farm ocean forest 5 gal pots, 400w mh/hps lighting, general hydroponics flora series for nutes

Done as far as?...how do I do a grow journal?

A real simple way to decide how you want to do your grow journal is to read a few peoples grow journals and see how they do theirs and then use that info to develop how you want to write yours. Some growers are very technical and put every bit of info in from PH of water going into the plant and PPM going in to PH and PPM of the run off water that leaves the pot when they water. While others just give a more broad description of what they are doing.
IMHO For a 1st time grower I would suggest keeping as detailed as physically possible of everything you do and how you are doing it. The more details you write down the easier it is to see when and where you may have made a mistake along the way which led to any kinds of issues along the way. Also IMHO if you really want to grow the Best of the Best, then I would suggest you start reading and doing some research. The reason being is, the best of the best of anything be it growing weed or being a doctor, those people did not get where they are now by having others ask them what they did so they can explain what they did right or wrong, they took the time to research everything before they started so they had a good understanding of the right way to proceed with most things then they start to tweet what they have learned to make it even better.

Genetics, Genetics,Genetics.. I highly recommend purchasing some seeds or clones of a popular strain in your area... From my experience the term "loud"/"Gas" is used by people not accustomed to higher quality cannabis flowers... good grow conditions , temp / environmental controls and the dry/cure are vital to getting g the best smell from your herbs.

go with reputable seed banks or cloners and ask what people want.

make sure the environment of your growroom is as near perfect as possible without big swings. you can run warmer temps if its consistant and not big swings between min and max temps. keep it simple and dont go overboard on nutes and additives until you know why you are adding what.

Document your grows and be honest with yourself with failures.

Make sure you flush plants min 7 days but preferably 10-14 days with clean water to get the shit out of the plant, increase weight and quality. If you want to grab some advice pop into any of my journals past or present and i will answer any questions you have. As the guys said start a journal and supply as much info as possible. Be honest with your results as they are for your future reference.

good Luck

Genetics, Genetics,Genetics.. I highly recommend purchasing some seeds or clones of a popular strain in your area... From my experience the term "loud"/"Gas" is used by people not accustomed to higher quality cannabis flowers... good grow conditions , temp / environmental controls and the dry/cure are vital to getting g the best smell from your herbs.

What i have grown for myself far exceeds anything I have been able to buy. I am in total control from germination to curing. It is as good (or bad) as your skills. Read others journals. Learn from others mistakes. Make some mistakes yourself. It all adds up to making you next grow better. And as others have said, start a journal and post pics so we can help you along. :circle-of-love::peace:

What strains did you grow?

Personally I would probably take their opinion with a grain of salt anyway if those are the descriptors they use for weed. Did you tell them that you grew it yourself before they smoked it? People love to criticize homegrown so they don't feel like they're getting ripped off spending so much money on their weed. I even know growers that do it.

Key things that effect how potent and pungent weed is... (I don't know if you were asking about smell, but that got brought up... Maybe why you shouldn't rely on colloquial descriptors if you're really interested in learning)

(In order)
Genetics
Harvest time (Too soon or too late will effect potency)
Dry time (Too fast will effect taste/aroma)
Cure time (Too fast will GREATLY effect potency, taste and aroma)
Nutrients (Without plentiful micro-nutrients, terpene production won't be as high, without proper ratio of macro-nutrients potency will suffer)

That's why I asked what strains you're working with first, because for all we know, you could be using some that don't have a reputation for being pungent at all, and that seems to be your line of thinking. On the other hand, if you're growing something like a skunk type that should be very pungent but is not, that's when everything under genetics comes into play. The same thing can be said for potency, you might be working with genetics that aren't known for being that potent.

Edit: Oh and that list is if we're talking about getting weed as pungent as possible, I would put dry/cure time under nutrients if you're more concerned with potency.

I grew heavyweight fruit punch, fast buds Girl Scout cookies, now I'm growing Buddha purple kush I just cut down today didn't really have a smell, green crack, and ddelicious candy

I'm only familiar with Girl Scout Cookies out of that list, and that should be very pungent and potent. No genetic limitation there. When did you harvest, trichome color is the best way to time harvest for max potency/desired effects. However, for GSC, 9-10 weeks is the quoted flower time. If you cut before that, it's highly possible you need more time, take those flowering times with a grain of salt, because those assume absolute optimal conditions. Grab a jewler's loupe (25 magnification or better) to look at the color of the trichomes and study up on that to decide what effects you want.

How are you drying and curing?

What kind of temperatures and humidity is your grow environment? Ideals for vegetative are 75-85 F and above 60% humidity. For flower, you want less than 50% humidity and the same temperatures for better yield and growth, but lower temperatures and humidity will cause more trichome production.

Also, what's the square footage of your grow room, is it in a tent or a room, etc.

I'll tell you all my details as an example of what to share...

Space: 4' x 4' x 7' grow tent lined with reflective mylar
Light: 400 watt mh/hps air-cooled hood reflector
Light schedule: 18/6 for veg, 12/12 for flower
Ventilation : 400 CFM 6" exahaust fan
Envrionment: Average temperatures and humidity: 72-82 F and 25-35% RH during veg, same temperarture but 35-45% in flower
Containers: Started in solo cups, transplanted into 1 gallons, going to be transplanted into 3 gallons before flower
Medium: Fox Farms Happy Frog
pH of water and nutrient solutions:6.5
Nutrients and feed schedule: Flora Nova Grow and App Armor Si for veg, 8 mL/G every other water; Flora Nova Bloom for flower, Crystal Burst, App Armor Si, 8 mL/G every other water
Pests/Pests control: No pests, neem oil regimen, applied every 4 weeks
Genetics: Blackberry Kush and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, regular photoperiod, from bagseed
Harvest time: When trichomes are mostly cloudy, about 8-9 weeks

My GSC was an auto flower
Temps were high due to summer but they were consistent no big fluctuations in temp 90-100 usually around 95
Humidity 20-30%
General hydroponics flora series for nutes
Grow tent 48x24x60
400w mh/hps
4" inline carbon filter fan
2 small clip desk fans one on the bottom of tent and one at the top also oscillating fan at bottom of tent only the fan not the stand running 24hrs

Back
Top Bottom