What type of plant training to use for highest yield?

STGuy

Hi
I have a rough idea how I want to train my plants to be in order to best fill my space for best yield, but I was wondering what you guys think I should do to get it.

I'll try to describe my space and how I want them, if I don't explain it well let me know and I'll try n make pics on paint or something.
Ok so my space is a 1.2mx1.2mx2m tent, in which I'll be putting 6 plants in 5 galon DWcs (33cm or so diameter) in 2 rows of three under a 600w HPS which will have been vegged for about 2 months (however long it takes previous crop to flower). I'll probably space it so that there's something like 15cm between the DWCs and the wall of the tent and the remaining 25cm or so in the middle. So this will give the plants 60cm wide and 40cm long (and whatever height) to grow, so as you can probably tell I'll need to do quite a bit of training.

I was thinking of topping fairly early to try and make them a kind of Y-shape and tie down half into the middle n tie the other on down a little or just leave it the way it is and cut and tie together to stop from going past 40cm and interfering with each other and let it grow however it wants in the middle and maybe lollipop or defoliate a little, but it seems like there's a lot of variables involved.
I could LST them around the buckets and maybe if necessary also tie down some secondary branches into the middle, but I've tried LST before n it didn't work very well n never was able to get it around the pot at all. Also would it be ok to put 4 or so screws in the bucket in order to LST?

So what should I use: LST, Super-Cropping, Defoliation, Topping, Main-Lining or some mixture

The strains I'm 99% sure I'm growing (haven't bought them yet) are: Critical Mass (Mr Nice Seeds, mostly Indica), Super Lemon Haze (Green House Seeds, mostly Sativa) and Critical Jack (Dinafem, Something like 60% Sativa I think)

Anyway I'm guessing in order to get the highest yield possible it'll have to be some kind of mixture, but what?

You have the right idea about topping and tying. You can use paper clips on underlip of lid and attach tie there. Or use packet clips as well. See if you can find a way to attach to edge of lid with using metal screw with could case problems in water if they get wet or rust. Back to Training I like to top then top the grow out from first topping Then tying then top some more. Just watch plant grow and see what she wants to do and as you go along top and tie to make more bud sites until you are happy.

Thanks for the reply :)
I think I've decided I'm going to top as early as I can, LST the 2 new main stems to each side of the pot then when it reaches the end I'll top again and LST so that from above it looks like an H and then let it grow upwards while LSTing into the space in the middle and defoliating. That way I'll end up with 4 main colas and whatever other bud sites grow in between.
Better than just LSTing around the bucket as i worked out it'd have to be 103cm tall (and however tall when I started LST), They would be able to grow that much easily but then it won't be able to gain much actual height thus not the best use of my space.

Back
Top Bottom