What's worse? Too little water or too much?

fatbuds420

too little water or too much? i'm going to holidays for 10 days tomorrow, i have an automatic watering system, but didn't have time to adjust it properly. so i'm just gonna give it a guess, what would be better, too little or too much water? (i have to water 2 big plants and 3 seedlings) and it will water all 3 of them every 24 hours. i'm guessing little water would be better right? so i don't risk overwatering them, it isn't gonna hurt them if for only 10 days they get a bit less water right?

too little water or too much? i'm going to holidays for 10 days tomorrow, i have an automatic watering system, but didn't have time to adjust it properly. so i'm just gonna give it a guess, what would be better, too little or too much water? (i have to water 2 big plants and 3 seedlings) and it will water all 3 of them every 24 hours. i'm guessing little water would be better right? so i don't risk overwatering them, it isn't gonna hurt them if for only 10 days they get a bit less water right?

In these circumstances, I would lean towards light watering. In ten days lower water wont hurt them.

The problem with overwatering is that over time the roots will shut down to protect themselves until the flood waters go away. Is this going to happen in the 10 days of your vacation if you leave the plants a little too wet? No, and even if the process did start to happen, you will quickly reverse it when you get home with a proper wet/dry cycle. Too much water will only upset the plants a little... too little water for just a little bit too long, can easily kill them. I vote for wet, over dry in this case... it just seems safer to me.

I would say over watering is probably the worst. I have let my weed in the flowering stage wilt like crazy because I thought they didn’t need water the day before. So I quickly gave them a nice big drink and they recovered in a few hours and even better the following day.

Back
Top Bottom