Whole Plant Drooping - Please Help

Sinna

420 Member
This plant was the best one I’ve had and the biggest. It’s a northern lights haze #5 and growing outdoors. I have watered the plants a couple days ago and soil is still a bit moist. All of a sudden the plant leaves are dropping down. The other plants next to it still looking good so far. Has someone had this problem before? I’ve given it some water as I thought might be lacking but I know it’s not because I water regularly. Appreciate any feedback please.

86227B40-6FAD-479C-B85A-1685C6D140B6.jpeg

28BD73A0-6F18-4064-825F-DB327F819027.jpeg

He got it that big with that soil...it looks like weed killer was sprayed on it to me
Hi @Sinna Welcome to 420 :ciao:
Wow, that's savage
To suddenly affect the whole plant like that it can only be a problem with roots
Poisoned, rotting or attacked but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to which is the culprit as the others look fine
That soil looks locked up tight, like concrete. Maybe a little less water was called for, and some perlite.
The soil I ve dug a big hole and put in 2 big bags of light mix. So soil it’s fine.
What weird is it was the healthiest plant I had and in a few hours it got like this.
Someone suggested that it could be termites. Has anyone experienced something similar?

This plant was the best one I’ve had and the biggest. It’s a northern lights haze #5 and growing outdoors. I have watered the plants a couple days ago and soil is still a bit moist. All of a sudden the plant leaves are dropping down. The other plants next to it still looking good so far. Has someone had this problem before? I’ve given it some water as I thought might be lacking but I know it’s not because I water regularly. Appreciate any feedback please.

86227B40-6FAD-479C-B85A-1685C6D140B6.jpeg

28BD73A0-6F18-4064-825F-DB327F819027.jpeg
What temp.was the water how.hot is it were u are ?.almost looks.like.she went into shock for some.reason

Wow what an amazing looking plant. It’s massive, you’re lucky to grow outdoor. Sounds silly but have you tried watering and watching how it sinks?
Yea watering is not the problem, it looks like it’s draining properly. Yes it was massive. I’m gutted it had to go like this

Yea watering is not the problem, it looks like it’s draining properly. Yes it was massive. I’m gutted it had to go like this
In that case my apologies for stating the obvious. Been growing indoor nearly 20 years but due to climate never been outside (I have not the plants)

Hope it gets sorted brosef all the best

The soil I ve dug a big hole and put in 2 big bags of light mix. So soil it’s fine.

I'm going to take a guess that the roots have entered the soil outside that big hole you dug and hit something they didn't like.

Could there be builders rubble, etc. in that soil?

j

I'm going to take a guess that the roots have entered the soil outside that big hole you dug and hit something they didn't like.

Could there be builders rubble, etc. in that soil?

j
Or it ended up rootbound. The roots probably couldn't poke through the inner wall, and looking at the spread those roots need to go somewhere.

All of the other plants in the same soil are healthy
This happened very suddenly
Rootbound, or the roots making contact with something they didn't like, will do the same pretty quickly. Two different things. I'm not so sure his other plants are that big. Much further into flower from what I can see, so the root development stopped a while back on those.

Rootbound, or the roots making contact with something they didn't like, will do the same pretty quickly. Two different things. I'm not so sure his other plants are that big. Much further into flower from what I can see, so the root development stopped a while back on those.
Hi MrS - how's it going :ciao:
If it were new root tips finding poison, the plant would start to die from the top downwards and take a while
All of the roots have been affected at once

Some trees can also block our plant from growing and maybe that one spot is in the runoff of one of those trees? This is so dramatic, it has to be something very dramatic that is happening. Pine trees for example can make the soil around them very acidic. I don't see any trees in your picture, so maybe the question to ask is what was that soil used for before your garden went in there? Is there drainage or does water back up when it rains hard?

Pine trees for example can make the soil around them very acidic.

I recall how Europeans created an ecological disaster in Palestine. To get more Europeans attracted to the area, the occupying apartheid govt. planted many pines to provide familiarity, the illusion to newcomers they may be somewhere in Europe. The needles dropped to the surrounding areas, poisoning crops, etc.
Ill-suited and harmful in the hot, dry Palestinian climate they are thirsty and highly flammable. After fires, they release seeds en masse, developing into even denser and more combustible forests that impede other plants and animals from thriving in the area.

nc_ohc=A-cRhvRFWFIAX-U3vgT&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd5-1.jpg

j

Back
Top Bottom