Whole Plant Drooping - Please Help

I was thinking gophers too...
Any evidence of gophers anywhere in the yard?

Wow, that is sudden. I agree its a water intake issue, roots have an issue, but to have it happen so quickly? You got any gophers around?
I was thinking gophers too...
Any evidence of gophers anywhere in the yard?
No there’s no gophers. Someone who lives here had this problem happen to him as well and he said it’s termites. I dug around the plant yesterday a bit away from the stem but didn’t see anything. I can’t think of anything I can do to fix it. I think it’s done

I'm assuming you've thoroughly checked for bugs... Something is blocking uptake of EVERYTHING starting with water. Like the soil was salted or something. I would see how it responds to foliar feeding. Maybe hella flush the soil.
I’ve dug a bit far off the stem yesterday. How would you check properly? And how would you foilar feed ? What’s the best to give it?

Someone who lives here had this problem happen to him as well and he said it’s termites. I dug around the plant yesterday a bit away from the stem but didn’t see anything. I can’t think of anything I can do to fix it. I think it’s done

f46.jpg

Termites attack on a cannabis farm

Now I have termites

j

Plants will grow on piles of bricks and broken concrete as long as there is some soil mixed in and the pile gets water so I really doubt that any building debris in the soil would cause that. The soil looks loosened up more than enough to provide decent water draining and root penetration. A gopher or burrowing animal that ate enough roots to cause the entire plant to droop like that over just a couple of days is possible but there should be openings to the tunnel system nearby.

Molds and mildews take weeks to kill off a plant. Most of those are noticeable with those white, brown or off color on the leaves long before the plant starts to wilt like that. Think about how long it takes for something like Powdery Mildew

My thoughts that can be added to the list of possibilities is Verticillium Wilt, or one of the other wilts that often take just a few days. Some of those are caused by a fungus in the soil or an infected insect. A wilt problem came to mind since the wilt in the photo looks like it pretty much hit the plant all over at the same time. Insects often hit one or two areas and the wilt will spread from there if there are a lot of them.

Whatever it is hit the plant fast and hard.

Truly baffling, I’m just going to throw this out, since I don’t know what the characteristics of the natural soil are. Is there a chance that the natural soil drains very poorly? If so, possibly the hole that you filled with good soil isn’t draining, so the roots, even though they are in good soil, are sitting in a “swimming pool”. Again, not saying it’s “the” problem, but it’s worth checking out. Other than that something catastrophic happened in the root zone or it’s fungal/disease related, but the speed at which it happened is a conundrum!

Termites could definitely be the cause of this.
Them nasty little suckers.
You probably won’t see any of them since they are subterranean and will hollow out the stems of plants. Ripped up a few outdoor flowers cleaning up and looked like a bowl of rice had been dropped and I kid you not them suckers can burrow back into the ground fast!!!
Hopefully it’s something else and not termites!
If it is, maybe try some natural essential oils, diatomaceous earth to keep them away.
I wanna say also the cat nip will deter termites, can’t remember.
Good luck! I hate that this has happened.

Plants will grow on piles of bricks and broken concrete as long as there is some soil mixed in and the pile gets water so I really doubt that any building debris in the soil would cause that.

I was more thinking along the lines of paints and chemicals that builders didn't bother to tip. Tipping fees for contaminated waste are expensive, you'd be surprised at what is found.

j

I'm going to take a guess that the roots have entered the soil outside that big hole you dug and hit something they didn't like.

Could there be builders rubble, etc. in that soil?

j
Then the soil around that hole is contaminated with something mabey weed killer were others have sprayed it it run.off into the ground

Then the soil around that hole is contaminated with something mabey weed killer were others have sprayed it it run.off into the ground
I like this theory. Whatever it is, it didn't bother this huge plant until now. It was thriving until one day the roots got into the ground water. Something there is toxic and the effect was quick and deadly. I'm not sure I could trust anything grown in that soil after seeing this.

In my opinion, it has clearly been poisoned somehow

Three possibilities
1/ severe miscalculation of nutes (other plants are fine)
2/ animal urine (unlikely)
3/ sabotage?

Think I'd dig a few inches down, check the soil
Glyphosate based weedkiller works in 12hrs, is slightly greasy and has a distinct smell similar to Malathion - dry/bitter
Can't think of anything else that works that quick

If only it were that effective on Bindweed, Ground Elder, Borage...

.... and growing outdoors. I have watered the plants a couple days ago and soil is still a bit moist. All of a sudden the plant leaves are dropping down. The other plants next to it still looking good so far.
A whole new way of looking at the problem of what might be happening. Are these the same plants you were growing in the blue containers that you mention in your other thread you started about 2 weeks ago, on the 15th?

If these are those plants then two ideas come to mind.

One is that the roots were damaged while getting the plant out of the pots they were in or damaged trying to get them into the new hole which does not look as large as those other pots. The other possibility is that the ground soil was very dry and the plant cannot get the amounts of water it needs for the size that it is.

Or, a combination of dry soil and physical damage to the root system.

The other thread:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/leaves-turning-yellow-appreciate-any-help-please.520880/

A whole new way of looking at the problem of what might be happening. Are these the same plants you were growing in the blue containers that you mention in your other thread you started about 2 weeks ago, on the 15th?

If these are those plants then two ideas come to mind.

One is that the roots were damaged while getting the plant out of the pots they were in or damaged trying to get them into the new hole which does not look as large as those other pots. The other possibility is that the ground soil was very dry and the plant cannot get the amounts of water it needs for the size that it is.

Or, a combination of dry soil and physical damage to the root system.

The other thread:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/leaves-turning-yellow-appreciate-any-help-please.520880/
I still believe the roots hit something toxic in the ground that sudden of a change we as crazy fast.not.saying any of the above is wrong its possible but root damage well she wouldn't have got as big as she did .he does have a point

it was transplanted in the last two weeks.

If it was transplanted in the last two weeks, that makes more sense. It was surviving the last two weeks on the soil from the pot and couldn't adapt to the new soil.

The other plant will likely end up the same way.

I would've dug/aerated a metre diameter, at least a foot deep before transplanting such a large plant, just to soften up that soil, perhaps thrown in some amendments while doing so.

j

I like this theory. Whatever it is, it didn't bother this huge plant until now. It was thriving until one day the roots got into the ground water. Something there is toxic and the effect was quick and deadly. I'm not sure I could trust anything grown in that soil after seeing this.
Gotta be something in the soil like u said pocket ground water peob metal Rich iron . that would kill any plant

Back
Top Bottom