Why are my plants dying?

ScotlandHaze

Hi guys,

i'm on my second grow now. The first one went pretty well (4 Ak auto's). This time round i am growing 3 Afghan kush ryder and one auto ak. The AK is doing very well, all green and budding. My 3 afghans seem to be budding well, but each day the leaves are dying off. It's went from no yellow in my tent to looking like fucking sun flowers. They are 55 day seeds and i'm roughly on or just past the 55 day mark but these aren't anywhere near ready by the looks, barely any amber.

Growing under 600hps in soil. Using advance nutrients micro grow bloom + cal mag as base, other nutrients are voodoo juice, b52, bio silicon, overdrive(was big bud before).. every plain water i add blackstrap molasses. PH is always set to 6.5 although my ph meter sometimes gives different results before i lower the ph. It looks like nute burn which looks like the obvious answer, but i've been consistent with the levels i've put in and this has happened in days. There doesn't seem to be any burnt tips, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i have no clue how to navigate this site, so i'll link the pictures. if anyone could add them for me that would be great, cheers!

sick plants - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

(It is the pictures labelled 'sick plants')

Check the ph on ur run off. I had a similar problem an found while I was ph'n my water/nutes it was coming out at 4 or less :( I bumped my ph to 7-7.2 an fixed my issue. Might be something to look into

Hi bud, thanks for your reply. I always test the water afterwards and it matches what i put in. Although i didn't realise that PH meter needed calibrated weekly, so i'm not sure if it has been way out. Either way would you put this down to a ph fluctuation ? or do the leaves naturally die at that rate as the plant is close to harvest? Just strange the AK has no signs of yellow but that's a 70 day seed.

Looks normal to me. Go look at seed banks where they show you a pic of the plant. I see yellow plants all the time. Perfectly normal late flower.
Different strains yellow more than others. Just my opinion.

Hey there,

It looks like you're still in your first few weeks of flower, is that correct? If so, it's much too early for your fan leaves to be yellowing off and dying. Perhaps there is a deficiency as a result of salt build up. Have you tried flushing it with PHed water and then giving it a light feeding? I would recommend this. If you lose too many fan leaves early in flowering you will damage your harvest potential. Good luck

Hi guys,

i'm on my second grow now. The first one went pretty well (4 Ak auto's). This time round i am growing 3 Afghan kush ryder and one auto ak. The AK is doing very well, all green and budding. My 3 afghans seem to be budding well, but each day the leaves are dying off. It's went from no yellow in my tent to looking like fucking sun flowers. They are 55 day seeds and i'm roughly on or just past the 55 day mark but these aren't anywhere near ready by the looks, barely any amber.

Growing under 600hps in soil. Using advance nutrients micro grow bloom + cal mag as base, other nutrients are voodoo juice, b52, bio silicon, overdrive(was big bud before).. every plain water i add blackstrap molasses. PH is always set to 6.5 although my ph meter sometimes gives different results before i lower the ph. It looks like nute burn which looks like the obvious answer, but i've been consistent with the levels i've put in and this has happened in days. There doesn't seem to be any burnt tips, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i have no clue how to navigate this site, so i'll link the pictures. if anyone could add them for me that would be great, cheers!

sick plants - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

(It is the pictures labelled 'sick plants')
i would say that this plant dont like to much nutes has your other plants do im no expert but could be nitrogen although normaly nitro problems would get the lower leaves yellow maybe it just needs a flush .

Hi guys, thanks for all your replies. I understand yellowing is normal towards harvest, but my fan leaves are still green. It's affected mostly new growth around the buds. It looks like brown spots at first then the whole leave turns yellow and crispy. All the crispy leaves are pointing up the way.. I've completely flushed them, and then fed them again at first to try correct them. They are due to be watered as the soil has dried out however im scared to do either at the moment as I don't understand if this is a deficiency or it is nute burn. PH is always 6.5 and the run off is always there abouts the same. What would you guys do at this stage?

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not nute burn. Could be a ph issue but in reality they'll finish great if you just stick with water only from this point in- or a very light bloom mix like 150-200 ppm.

Back
Top Bottom