Why auto?

Dariusdrone

Hiya folks...

A beginner here...

I'm curious why do you choose to grow autoflower?

From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong), ajutoflower plants go into flower mode automatically, not influenced by day length. Is that right?

If so, why? Is the yield from auto plants bigger or smaller than standard flowering plants?

What day length do you give auto plants?

If you know of a thread here that already covers these point, I'd be happy to see it.

I'm just in the early stages of planning my grow room and so I'm taking my time research everything. This is just the first of many questions I'll have. I'm reading, reading many of the journals here as well.

Thanks

Hmmm.. so someone, (I assume the Mods did it?) move my question into this thread and I've been reading a lot about autoflowering strains and so I gotten answers to my questions.

Thanks

I grow autos for a number of reasons. They need no flip to 12/12 so staying on 18/6 works for veg and flower. No need for 2 rooms when overlapping generations.
They can also be fully mature and ready for harvest in as little as 6-7 weeks from seed to weed.
I have never tried a photo, but someday would like to.

main advantages:
- no transplantation
- ready in 8/9 weeks from germination (depends on strain)
- newer strains are as powerful as photos, may be more powerful/tasty sometimes.
- same light cycle from seed to crop = you can start new plants as soon as you have room, without disturbing the one that are blooming
- there is more purple in the auto realm in my opinion (or they color more easily)

Disadvantages of autos:
- you can't veg them for long and they are smaller than a fully blown photo (size of auto mainly depends on size of container).
- Some autos sucks (older strains, not so famous seed bank etc).
- There is never enough yield in an auto , you will want to seed more ;-)

:)

I have never tried a photo, but someday would like to.

It is 1 or 2 month longer than an auto......When coming from the auto world, this extra time is hard to cope with :) ) )

I am back to autos myself!!!!
Photos are great but you need room and time! I still have an, orange hill special and a blue mistic that i really want to try, but that will be for later, once i refill my auto jars ;-)

i wanted feminized seeds and autos fit. growing buds after 4 weeks can;t be beat. yield may be smaller but you can grow more if you need.
only downside I see is buying the seeds.

I choose autos as I'm half new my self and the thought of not having to touch the lights is a bit less work they do the work for you people say autos aren't potent that's not true there have been autos that have tested with over %25 thc also autos contain more cbd than photos for some reason , as for them being bad on yeilds this again isn't true ledrf on here owner of growpotcheaply . Com and perfect sun LEDs holds the world record for biggest auto yeild correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this was 1,5kg from one plant ! And you will see if you look in auto growers clubs people are pulling 4oz a plant tang even got 10oz from a single hubbabubbatelescope witch is an auto. It's just about finding the right genetics that suits your needs there isn't as much choose compared to photos but it's getting better by the day with breeders making new good breeds of autos. I like the fact that there are some autos on the market that you can from seed to harvest in as little as 60 days with big yeilds look at mine 40 days old flowering strongly and a good fruity selection I have blue treacle witch is blueberry X sweet tooth
420-magazine-mobile689274522.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1709807737.jpg

I love what autos bring to the table my second journal will be Mephisto genetics there work with autos are amazing and I think I will stick with autos , I will use photos at one point but only to make my own breed of auto plants. I hope this clears up some of the foggyness bro. #autogrowersclub #thebeastsautotoppingthread

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Once you find a strain you like, you can hermie them. I have an almost unlimited supply of Jack Herrer Auto seeds due to a few hermies.

how do you make them hermie? I started anther thread on this. I know stressing them by letting them grow past their harvest time can work , was wondering if I could harvest most of the plant or harvest most of the buds and leave a few if that would work?

Back
Top Bottom