Why NObody Should Make BHO @ Home

Ferrous Keg

420 Member
we had a few friends over and we all thru in for a wash as this was about 10 years and dabs had hit the area early here like wildwire, everyone was making bho.

i was sitting on the couch and all i could see was the HELL OPENING UP thru the doorway. litterally projecting an orange rectangle glow. my friend proceeds to yell with no eyebrows. another buddy RIP, carried it out the kitchen and outside were it was safely extinguished.

Have you ever seen a 7ft pheonix tail come from you moms pyrex before? its not something you want inside.

thought i should share since new wave of tiktok videos of house fires from bho at home.

YOU TOO COULD HAVE NO EYEBROWS and transform all your wash into heat in 2.5 seconds.

we had a few friends over and we all thru in for a wash as this was about 10 years and dabs had hit the area early here like wildwire, everyone was making bho.

i was sitting on the couch and all i could see was the HELL OPENING UP thru the doorway. litterally projecting an orange rectangle glow. my friend proceeds to yell with no eyebrows. another buddy RIP, carried it out the kitchen and outside were it was safely extinguished.

Have you ever seen a 7ft pheonix tail come from you moms pyrex before? its not something you want inside.

thought i should share since new wave of tiktok videos of house fires from bho at home.

YOU TOO COULD HAVE NO EYEBROWS and transform all your wash into heat in 2.5 seconds.
We did that with leaf and alcohol trying to make hash oil on the stove WTF were we thinking that was just stupid all the way around 🤪! Teenagers back in the late 80's.
Im glad you got the fire out 👍

Everyone and everything but my friend's eyebrows, the wash, and my moms Pyrex were okay. they thought shutting the electric stove with boiling water off washing and evaporating the pan with hot water on the stove using the range hood was okay, those fans aren't explosion proof to begin with and that stove sparked off because it was hot while off.

There is a valid reason why this practice is deemed a felony in California.

There are not very many Mr. Wizard's in this community. Owlsley got to spend time at Terminal Island for chemical creativity.

Here in Canada making oils with organic solvents now carries a 14 year maximum sentence. That includes ethanol.

Too many fires and explosions like mentioned in this thread because people don't know wtf they are doing.

As a retired chemist with extensive training in handling hazardous materials I have distilled butane to reuse it so I can get a lot more pot done with the butane at hand. No heat required as the butane boiled just fine in my mudroom with the air temp only 12C. Will boil off fine in a bowl siting outside at any temp over 0C tho slow as it boils at -0.5C. If the cans are kept in the freezer it can be used just like ISO, ethanol etc as it stays liquid below its boiling temp.

Dangerous stuff tho so those without specific training should stay the hell away from it for sure.

Boils easy enough at body temp.

BoilingButaneByHand.JPG

Stay safe out there!

:peace:

Here in Canada making oils with organic solvents now carries a 14 year maximum sentence. That includes ethanol.

Too many fires and explosions like mentioned in this thread because people don't know wtf they are doing.

As a retired chemist with extensive training in handling hazardous materials I have distilled butane to reuse it so I can get a lot more pot done with the butane at hand. No heat required as the butane boiled just fine in my mudroom with the air temp only 12C. Will boil off fine in a bowl siting outside at any temp over 0C tho slow as it boils at -0.5C. If the cans are kept in the freezer it can be used just like ISO, ethanol etc as it stays liquid below its boiling temp.

Dangerous stuff tho so those without specific training should stay the hell away from it for sure.

BoilingButaneByHand.JPG

Stay safe out there!

Very Interesting good friend, Imma do some searching on this

Used to make plenty of BHO (outside) but now I prefer to use the dabpress instead. Almost 0 danger in comparison, though I feel like making BHO can be done fairly safely, just not by everyone.
Funny that 20 years ago I did real jailtime in CA for concentrates and I actually had never made any myself until about 7-8 years ago.

BoilingButaneByHand.JPG

Stay safe out there!

I’ve watched people blow their hands off trying to mix lye and water in a sealed mason jar, even after I explained what was going to happen when they did it. I also have had people flip out screaming that I was gonna “explode the place” because I poured naphtha into an Erlenmeyer flask to extract DMT.

I’ve made better choices as to who I associate with since then 🤣

Back
Top Bottom