Wild Strain From The Midwest

Haha you made it over here!
I actually use an LED on an auto flower too. Its my other journal.

But glad you got to see some of these lanky monsters

Yep just cruising thru everyone's journals.

So after some real hard thinking, I kind of want to chop F1 and F2.
Growing them out would be fun but also a big drain on time and resources for buds that I won't be able to benefit as much from.

Pros if I do:
Save a shit ton of nutrients.
Save a shit ton of time (I'm still getting vertical growth on them)
I can put 2 more auto flowers in the tent
A lot less trimming later
I will still have F3 (the only realistic one for outdoors) and a clone of her

Cons of I do:
I will be quiting
I won't really know what those two were capable of or their medicinal value
It could be really amazing smoke and I'll miss out and never know.
Losing out on a substantial amount of weight.

I'm frustrated right now. Although I knew this was probably the eventuality, I feel like I kept pretending it wasn't also growing these has been fun.

If it were me I would grow them out to finish the process you started. If they end up high in cbd you have a medicinal strain that could help a lot of people you may know who suffer from ailments aided by CBD. If they end up getting you high, great! Also, you can grow in the tent any time you want now so time of year no longer matters going forward. You could do a three week veg of a photo and send it into flower at 21 days for a short growing time to fill your pipe.

I'm voting stick it out but no hard feelings if you don't though! 4 plants is the max in OR? They really are keeping down the little guy.

If it were me I would grow them out to finish the process you started. If they end up high in cbd you have a medicinal strain that could help a lot of people you may know who suffer from ailments aided by CBD. If they end up getting you high, great! Also, you can grow in the tent any time you want now so time of year no longer matters going forward. You could do a three week veg of a photo and send it into flower at 21 days for a short growing time to fill your pipe.

I'm voting stick it out but no hard feelings if you don't though! 4 plants is the max in OR? They really are keeping down the little guy.

unfortunately I'm not medical yet, rec is only 4. Which is where the issue is, I don't know enough people that would be interested in that kind of ratio, and I wouldn't be able to recoup any thing by donating what I don't need to a dispensary.
I also have a hunch that my wife wouldn't be too keen on my sitting on lbs of buds without an endgame lol

Ugh....

I have all of tonight to ponder

You don't have to sit on it (unless you stuff cushions with it ;)), You can compost it if it doesn't work out as dope. But psychoanalyzing your response I'd have to say you should just keep the one and plant more for the tent. Then you have the benefit of finishing the discovery process on the midwest seeds as well as moving on to the tent side of your future. And like you said, you still have the clone, which – if it turns out to be worthwhile – you can keep in the tent until next spring since you can leave the lights 20/4 or 18/6 forever with the autos.

Hold on, hold on man. Why just last Friday after watching this journal for the past two weeks my curiosity got the best of me. Been watching all of the ditch weed growing all summer long. Spotted a couple good looking ladies and chopped the tops off. As you've stated before, the citrus and lemon smell were incredible. Dryed them out till this morning and decarbed them in the oven. Making an Everclear Tincture as I type this up. All just out of curiosity. I'm going to try it here in a bit, it won't be completely done but I will find out if there are any effects. Give me til tomorrow to report back..... Green Dragon it's called. I love the stuff made with good bud, most excellent.

So after some real hard thinking, I kind of want to chop F1 and F2.
Growing them out would be fun but also a big drain on time and resources for buds that I won't be able to benefit as much from.

Pros if I do:
Save a shit ton of nutrients.
Save a shit ton of time (I'm still getting vertical growth on them)
I can put 2 more auto flowers in the tent
A lot less trimming later
I will still have F3 (the only realistic one for outdoors) and a clone of her

Cons of I do:
I will be quiting
I won't really know what those two were capable of or their medicinal value
It could be really amazing smoke and I'll miss out and never know.
Losing out on a substantial amount of weight.

I'm frustrated right now. Although I knew this was probably the eventuality, I feel like I kept pretending it wasn't also growing these has been fun.

Cut some early bud and dry it and smoke it first. Then you will know for sure. Also you might like low THC weed. I do that in my sex tests of plants early on. I take cuttings and put them in water under 12/12. When they bloom, usually in a week or so, I then yank most males that they came from, or segregate them, and let the female cuttings bloom for another week. Then I dry and smoke the flowers. Usually just a one or two hit taste, but a sign of things to come. You have more than enough bud to cut and try. Early weed, yes, but it will be an indication of what it will be like. You can also smoke male flowers and get high. I do it all the time here. I even got hash fingers from harvesting male blooms and pollen from my Durban Poison land race yesterday. Never had that happen before. I will be harvesting and smoking the male flowers from that bad boy. I also take early harvested buds from my gals for testing when I want to harvest them. I like early harvested weed myself, and I usually harvest before the trichomes turn amber.

That's weird, because I was able to re-veg cuttings taken from flowering plants without removing the buds from the cuttings. I just changed the photoperiod to 24/0 and they completely reverted to vegetative growth within a few weeks.

Never happened to me. But I do not root or veg blooming cuttings, only non-blooming or previously blooming and re-vegged plants. When I take cuttings of re-vegged plants I toss the mothers which by the fall have produced 2 crops. I do not use 24/0 light for rooting cuttings either: I have found that they will root faster under 20/4 light. Like in 10 days vs 15 days. I also run 20/4 lights for all veg modes here when I do. I do not grow that much under lights though, except at the end and beginning of the season, to make clones and start seeds, and to overwinter and size up some cuts to grow and bloom in the spring outside.

I have bloomed I do not know how many strains in the spring, and they will bloom right through July and not re-veg unless I pull all the flowers off. For example, last year I grew White Widow, Blue Dream, the Ghost cut of OG Kush, and GDP, and I got a spring bloom on them all, harvested in late June, they re-vegged, and I harvested again in late September and early October. As a test I left some lower branch blooms on them. I then pulled them all in under MH lights 20/4 as a test, and only the branches w/o flowers re-vegged. The branches with blooms just kept flowering. I will have to run some more light experiments this winter. I have too many clones now to test rooting flowering cuts. My limit is 12 clones here with a grow card.

Cut some early bud and dry it and smoke it first. Then you will know for sure. Also you might like low THC weed. I do that in my sex tests of plants early on. I take cuttings and put them in water under 12/12. When they bloom, usually in a week or so, I then yank most males that they came from, or segregate them, and let the female cuttings bloom for another week. Then I dry and smoke the flowers. Usually just a one or two hit taste, but a sign of things to come. You have more than enough bud to cut and try. Early weed, yes, but it will be an indication of what it will be like. You can also smoke male flowers and get high. I do it all the time here. I even got hash fingers from harvesting male blooms and pollen from my Durban Poison land race yesterday. Never had that happen before. I will be harvesting and smoking the male flowers from that bad boy. I also take early harvested buds from my gals for testing when I want to harvest them. I like early harvested weed myself, and I usually harvest before the trichomes turn amber.

Good call Sur! I'm sleeping on everything and reassessing with a cool head, in the morning

Tried some last night, not a big buzz but I slept well through the night. Reducing it down this morning, I'll try some again later today. Right now I'll say it's pretty good for free other than the price of the Everclear.

Definitely, pluck and quick dry some lower buds, I smoke my under trim after stretch, if I want to know what a strain has to offer. I usually trim off some of the inner and lower small buds that won't get light, after the mains stretch.

Alright guys, Thanks for the support, suggestions, and help in working this out.
I am going to go trim some buds from F1 here in a little bit.
I'm pretty sure F2 will come down regardless, just bc of her late finishing. Since F1 is only a little behind F3, that may just buy her some time.

Thanks again guys! I'll post some pics here in a bit

I had to do it #NoRegerts lol

420-magazine-mobile1844214843.jpg

Glad I did. F2 was scattered with little bud sites but was seriously, with out a doubt, 2 months away from finishing.

420-magazine-mobile831637921.jpg

420-magazine-mobile974539191.jpg

The biggest were the size of George's face. There were really only like 5 of them so this plant will not be useable to me in this form. She will return herself to the ground to which she came.

F1 bought herself some time too.
420-magazine-mobile718275845.jpg

Having F2 out of the way gives me more space to work, and makes everything in there less overwhelming.
Aaaaaaaand she has nice buds that smell delicious.

420-magazine-mobile368206841.jpg

This will get dried and smoked.
She will live to make it another day.

Once again, I feel cooler heads have prevailed

A brave and well-considered choice. And a 33.33% savings in nutes! BTW, were you eating a milky way?
Thanks Shed. It wasnt easy. I really don't like to 'quit'. But after a lot of thought, input, and careful deliberation (coffee and a J) it just seemed to be the most logical step to the best endgame.

The smell in the gh and the bud production on F1 were so much further along than F2, I couldn't bring myself to end her. It also looked like trichs were starting to form so maybe another week and we will reassess.

As I was cutting her limbs I said No regerts out loud and started laughing
I love me some milky way!

For the good of others.. I hate a cramped space myself. I've had to cull from my greenhouse before.. I have a 10'x16' greenhouse. I planted 3 in there and like you ended up with two plants filling the whole damn place. That's them in the pic I'm using for my icon. They'll fill it in.. GL with the timing. Least you have a place to keep them out of the weather. Keep a big fan going in there and you may get lucky and have till Oct 10th? If we're lucky, we might have a Indian Summer. GL and Keepem Green

For the good of others.. I hate a cramped space myself. I've had to cull from my greenhouse before.. I have a 10'x16' greenhouse. I planted 3 in there and like you ended up with two plants filling the whole damn place. That's them in the pic I'm using for my icon. They'll fill it in.. GL with the timing. Least you have a place to keep them out of the weather. Keep a big fan going in there and you may get lucky and have till Oct 10th? If we're lucky, we might have a Indian Summer. GL and Keepem Green

Her sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I actually feel a lot better already. This would be the hardest part of breeding I suppose.
It's almost like giving a pig a name.

I have a nice fan that blows hard...we celebrate our 3rd anniversary on Thursday.....

Hahahaha
For real though

420-magazine-mobile1633088324.jpg

And I don't mind getting a greenhouse heater later on. I'm not going to worry about it until it's consistently low 40s. Maybe that will help speed these ladies up

Back
Top Bottom