Wild Strain From The Midwest

So for my green house, I was told to put a floor down as a barrier to humidity. Not sure how to do that if plants are in dirt. But for mold protection (my reason due to huge amounts of rain coming). If not, humidity will shoot through the roof. Hopefully its drier out your way.

Cheers

I didn't think about the ground....that makes sense.
I used cardboard when it got really hot, to keep the ground from getting too hot. I wonder if it would help to keep heat in the ground , during the winter?

From what I've read, the key is to be able to vent hot air out, as it carries more moisture.

Once the rain come this weekend, I'll keep the green house closed up with the vent I installed open. I have a pretty stout fan that I'll have ok circulating the air we'll see how it gets

Just some barrier to keep humidity down. Maybe, just keep about 14" open around plant and cover rest of ground with plastic. I'm using a tarp, but again, I'm in planters.

Cheers

Just some barrier to keep humidity down. Maybe, just keep about 14" open around plant and cover rest of ground with plastic. I'm using a tarp, but again, I'm in planters.

Cheers
Good looking out! I'll have to look into something, maybe even my camping pad...
Being in the pots is a big advantage for that!

Went out to the gh around 9 to see how the plants were feeling.
Felt fine in there, need to get the gh heater soon.

420-magazine-mobile1396073091.jpg

Does that guy eat bugs or my plants? Either way, dude was just posted up looking like he was guarding the future cola lol

Yeah, my fan leaves are starting to turn yellow from the cool nights into the mid 40s here. Fall is looming. Damn smoky here today. East wind this morning brought the smoke out from the gorge and Hood River. Hope it stalls the fire in Hood River though. Rains this weekend will hopefully put this fire season out. Oregon has 30% of the wildfires burning in the west right now.

As for grasshoppers, they eat plants. The prefer to eat grasses, but they will also eat many other plant species, and they prefer dining on Cannabis! I would shoo them out of your greenhouse ASAP. They do not eat other bugs. Walking sticks (preying mantis) eat other bugs.

As for preventing fall humidity in the GH in the fall, that is hard to do other than by heating and venting. The plants will respire, and give off a lot of moisture. Also the cool outside temps will result in condensation on the inner walls of the greenhouse, especially if it is heated. Keep all Cannabis leaves away from the inner walls of the GH. Leaves and colas that touch the side walls of the GH (or each other) will typically get wet and rot. Also the inner walls of the GH will collect condensation and drip on your plants. You can prevent that by using a second layer of plastic inside the GH, or by heating the GH, or by using low condensation GH plastic.

Hey Waffle, I can't remember if you considered a bit of supercropping on some of those outliers up near the top of the canopy. You certainly have enough stems to give it a try and see the difference in the buds on them.
If I'm not mistaken, super cropping is more for veg than flower.
I did quite a bit early on, if I remember, I will try to take some pics of the knuckles I got from it!!

I am interested in back budding these ladies though

If I'm not mistaken, it's more of a technique for vertical growth. Basically allowing other tops to pop up.
I think I'm past vertical growth now. I'll snap some knuckle shots here in a little bit.

I've done back-building on my Jack Herer indoor, but they were growing donkey dicks so the effect seemed negligible. I really think it could help out with these airy sativas!!

I'm smoking on some El Diablo OG (apparently a sativa leaning OG pheno), well I found a super immature seed in it last night. So of course I'm trying to pop it lol

Crazy thing, I looked at it today, and there seems to be action going on lol we'll see, but that would be pretty rad!

I'm smoking on some El Diablo OG (apparently a sativa leaning OG pheno), well I found a super immature seed in it last night. So of course I'm trying to pop it lol

Crazy thing, I looked at it today, and there seems to be action going on lol we'll see, but that would be pretty rad!
I had a wi-fi bean, it poped then stalled, but good luck, my 3 GG are hermi seeds, freebie are awesome. Garden looks great.

Cheers

I had a wi-fi bean, it poped then stalled, but good luck, my 3 GG are hermi seeds, freebie are awesome. Garden looks great.

Cheers
I have a Tangie seed I got from a sack too. I'm keeping that one until later on though bc it's more mature.

Thanks! Hoping they plump up fast and finish in a decent time!!

Those grasshoppers will definitely chew your plants up. I find them and their damage occasionally. I bought nolo bait but did not need it, the birds make quick work of them. Nolo bait is a bacteria sprayed on grain that you sprinkle around outside, it kills only grasshoppers. I don't think you'll need it, but if they become a problem this year you can put it out in the spring. The package says that grasshoppers are canabilistic, so when they die from the pathogen, other hoppers eat their body and die too. Gruesome, huh?

Carnivorous grasshoppers? I read that grasshoppers only eat plants.

Now I am wondering if vegans will become cannibals of other vegans?

If I'm not mistaken, super cropping is more for veg than flower.
I did quite a bit early on, if I remember, I will try to take some pics of the knuckles I got from it!!

I am interested in back budding these ladies though

Funny, I read about supercropping and wondered what they were talking about. It sounded like some exotic trellising process like espalier. Then I figured out that it is just pinching terminal buds to get more side buds. Turns out that I have been supercropping for decades now. And yes, supercropping is for veg growth to set up plant scaffolding for more terminal buds to get a higher number of flowering colas. It will also lower the overall height of those 13 foot Mexican sativas and make the plants grow wider and bushier.

In theory back budding will only make your buds more uniform and result in nicer looking nugs, and is typically only used for commercial production. It will not give you more buds or more weight, like supercropping will.

Back
Top Bottom