The Beaver's Lodge - A Little Of This & Little Of That

Nice...I'm going to try to get some fresh seeds on the next grow. I will have a seperate flower tent by then and can try the colloidal! What is the technique you use to collect and apply the pollen?
Being that I wanted to at least get a few seeds I not only saved the little bit that fell on a piece of black construction paper (that was under a jar filled with water and "some" of the cuttings see post #342) and applied that with a small artist brush. I also picked the whole plant up and tapped on the the branches containing pollen directly over the buds, so I can't tell you for sure which worked, maybe both???

Here is the Acapulco Gold. Nothing special going on...... I just thought the buds looked extra nice today .:yummy:

Just for the heck of it I put a sample under the scope and she's starting with Amber trics already. Kinda wish they'd slow down a bit so the buds could get little bigger.
Her sister is curing at the moment, but she was flipped a bit sooner.
ac12.jpg
ac21.jpg

The Acapulco Gold has been washed and is hanging. While neither produced a heavy yield they sure were pretty plants to watch grow.
AG13.jpg

These plants were staggered going into flower, the last one was 2 weeks ago.
The Acapulco Gold came off the trailer this morning.
wagon.jpg

These plants were staggered going into flower, the last one was 2 weeks ago.
The Acapulco Gold came off the trailer this morning.
wagon.jpg

Your plants are so much farther along than mine. I think I got a later start than you for sure. I have noticed the last few days a big stretch going on though. They loved all the rain we got a few days ago too!
How long do you think before your greenhouse trailer is empty?

Your plants are so much farther along than mine. I think I got a later start than you for sure. I have noticed the last few days a big stretch going on though. They loved all the rain we got a few days ago too!
How long do you think before your greenhouse trailer is empty?

Hi Cannafan,
Most of the seeds popped mid-March and were then vegged inside through mid-May when they were put into the covered wagon and wheeled in and out of the garage until the end of May so I might have had a little head start on you.;)

The wagon should be empty by the 1st of October as I want this next batch to be all inside. (ThunderStruck, Treasure City and Laniakea's.)
The covered wagon turned out to be one of the better things that I have done for my back plus I figure I harvested some extra plants because of it too.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Yes, it is alive, I just chopped a Serious 6 and Cheese Candy this morning, but still have 7 plants to go. It should be wrapped up in another 3 weeks or so as there is one large outdoor plant that mother nature is controlling. :allgood:

I apologize for slacking off on pics this time around. I took several today that I am posting - just so's you know I'm still plugging away.

First here's a couple shots of the wagon that still goes in the garage every night and when it's raining.
Wag1.jpg
Wag2.jpg

Green Crack
gcrack.jpg

Super Lemmon Haze
SLH154.jpg

Cannatonic
Cannatonic1.jpg

Critical Cure
CC68.jpg

Serious 6
61055.jpg

Grand Daddy Purple
GDPa3.jpg

And a couple of the Lakeside Grand Daddy Purple
GDP222.jpg
GDP412.jpg

These are all clones from the spring grow except for the GDP's. They have been around since my first grow about 14 months ago, and the end of the line. I'm on to higher CBD grows this fall/winter.
Thanks for looking.
Beav

Woo Hoo! That is some "Serious" cola!

Can't wait to see a right fine nug of that.

Nice job and +reps for another harvest.

:circle-of-love:

How cool are the nights getting up your way?

The temps are finally getting down to where I like them! I was able to break out a light weight flannel shirt the other day... PERFECT weather for me. I did get all my gardening done today so the plan is to work on my wood pile this weekend. Actually, I'll be cutting for the winter of 2020 as I figure I already have about 3 years worth that's been cut, split, stacked and covered. I like to keep ahead just in case..... ya just never know when another back surgery or some such nonsense will pop up.

This Serious 6 is a strange plant for sure. It started flowering early and kicked back into veg, when it took off again it just grew 1 big ole cola with no trimming or training at all. I'm anxious to see what it'll look like when it dries enough to trim up. I've kept a fan on it for a couple weeks to be cautious.
6a9.jpg
S68.jpg

The temps are finally getting down to where I like them! I was able to break out a light weight flannel shirt the other day... PERFECT weather for me. I did get all my gardening done today so the plan is to work on my wood pile this weekend. Actually, I'll be cutting for the winter of 2020 as I figure I already have about 3 years worth that's been cut, split, stacked and covered. I like to keep ahead just in case..... ya just never know when another back surgery or some such nonsense will pop up.

This Serious 6 is a strange plant for sure. It started flowering early and kicked back into veg, when it took off again it just grew 1 big ole cola with no trimming or training at all. I'm anxious to see what it'll look like when it dries enough to trim up. I've kept a fan on it for a couple weeks to be cautious.
6a9.jpg
S68.jpg

When you say "kicked back into veg", do you mean while it was outside?
I have a plant that was started indoors in veg, I put it outside during daylight hours that were still long. It started flowering just a little bit, then stopped and appeared to go back into veg state. Couple weeks later a major stretch and she's starting to flower again. I was a little concerned that it was going to hermie on me for some reason.
The other plants didn't do that. :hmmmm:

When you say "kicked back into veg", do you mean while it was outside?
I have a plant that was started indoors in veg, I put it outside during daylight hours that were still long. It started flowering just a little bit, then stopped and appeared to go back into veg state. Couple weeks later a major stretch and she's starting to flower again. I was a little concerned that it was going to hermie on me for some reason.
The other plants didn't do that. :hmmmm:

Yes, thats exactly what happened but I didn't get the stretch :laughtwo:
I had so many clones that I didn't care for them like I should have. Rather than to whack it right away I thought I'd see what it would do. I'm OK with it though, plenty of room and now I know.

Time for me to ask for help!
What the heck did I do wrong with these 2 plants? The buds are not filling out and I'm not sure that they are going to. They are both clones in 5 gallon pots, FFOC and Mills nutrients. I have a secod GDP in the ground that is fine so it's not genetics. The SLH mother was not this bad, bud by no means perfect. From what I read high temps can cause this but they have been outside in Michigan so I have my doubts that this is the cause.
Will they eventually fill out or do I resign myself to the fact that they will probably only be good for edibles or topicals? They are both loaded with trichomes but the buds are just not forming up.
First is the Super Lemon Haze
SLH230.jpg
SLH155.jpg

Second is the Grand Daddy Purple
GDP223.jpg
GDP138.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as would guesses to what caused it to happen. I just find it strange that it happened to two different strains in the same grow. Many other plants were grown in the exact same conditions and time frame with no problems.
Thanks,
Beav

Time for me to ask for help!
What the heck did I do wrong with these 2 plants? The buds are not filling out and I'm not sure that they are going to. They are both clones in 5 gallon pots, FFOC and Mills nutrients. I have a secod GDP in the ground that is fine so it's not genetics. The SLH mother was not this bad, bud by no means perfect. From what I read high temps can cause this but they have been outside in Michigan so I have my doubts that this is the cause.
Will they eventually fill out or do I resign myself to the fact that they will probably only be good for edibles or topicals? They are both loaded with trichomes but the buds are just not forming up.
First is the Super Lemon Haze
SLH230.jpg
SLH155.jpg

Second is the Grand Daddy Purple
GDP223.jpg
GDP138.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as would guesses to what caused it to happen. I just find it strange that it happened to two different strains in the same grow. Many other plants were grown in the exact same conditions and time frame with no problems.
Thanks,
Beav

Sometimes this just happens and there isn't a clear reason for it. The easy answer is that something happened in the roots on these plants, and they never got the chance to develop like their sisters, but oftentimes the easy answer isn't the right one. This is probably why no one is answering your question, because although we have all seen this happen in our own gardens once in a while, it is really hard to figure out why it happened until an autopsy is done at the end of the grow. I suspect that you will find that the root systems were underdeveloped on these two plants.
The question of course is why, and it could be as simple as when packing the soil into the container, a void remained... or there could have been a stone or some other organic right in exactly the wrong place, that somehow suppressed the roots. Being outside, it could be that something got into the roots on those two... is there anything in common as to where they lived during the grow? Or, it may have been totally out of your hands from the beginning, with the cause being genetic. I know you had plants right next to these of the same variety, but cannabis seeds are notoriously unstable, and significant genetic diversity can be seen by planting as few as 10 identical seeds together. Your plants could have been duds from the beginning, although I think this not as likely as something mechanical or environmental.
So don't beat yourself up over this one... it happens. Try to learn something from the roots after you are done, and confirm that it was not a mistake that you made, and really examine both the upper and lower regions of the rootball to get clues as to what happened. Are you sure that you filled and packed all of your containers the same way? Since it was 2 plants out of a batch, I think it most likely it is something in your process rather than genetics or infestations... something basic... and early, and something you only did to those two.

Thank you for the reply Emilya.

I'll let them go another couple weeks and hope for more Amber, there's lots of trichomes so I plan to use them for "sometying" rather than just pitch them now.

Then comes the autopsy :laughtwo:

One of these days I'll get it together.

Back
Top Bottom