TropicPine

420 Member
65D233F6-07F1-4BB1-AEC3-57CD30C95B8A.jpeg
D491F187-23D9-46A2-90A9-F9CEE94951FD.jpeg

Needs a lot longer to finish.

Do you think it can recover from this type of stress halfway through flowering? It was 8ft tall when I bent it in half to get it 12” under my Grow 300 LED light, in a 2x4 tent, lol.

She survived through the night, and the plant doesn’t seem to be suffering yet (24 hours later).

I know that if this type of “training” is done at the beginning of flower, the plant can stretch upwards into a Sea of green, but does it have any chance of that now? And if it doesn’t straighten itself up, can the buds finish on their sides like this?

I’m also curious to hear Sativa specific growers chime in on this, since sativa have much longer flowering times.

65D233F6-07F1-4BB1-AEC3-57CD30C95B8A.jpeg
D491F187-23D9-46A2-90A9-F9CEE94951FD.jpeg

Needs a lot longer to finish.

Do you think it can recover from this type of stress halfway through flowering? It was 8ft tall when I bent it in half to get it 12” under my Grow 300 LED light, in a 2x4 tent, lol.

She survived through the night, and the plant doesn’t seem to be suffering yet (24 hours later).

I know that if this type of “training” is done at the beginning of flower, the plant can stretch upwards into a Sea of green, but does it have any chance of that now? And if it doesn’t straighten itself up, can the buds finish on their sides like this?

I’m also curious to hear Sativa specific growers chime in on this, since sativa have much longer flowering times.
It’s ok, you’ll be sweet. Used to do amnesia haze (ami) with the 19-20 week flowering time.

The buds should all poke up and reach for the light will see it in 5-6 days after supercropping (the technique you’ve used by bending them over at a severe angle)

Quite a lot of time left to might have to supercrop again the other way 😂

It’s ok, you’ll be sweet. Used to do amnesia haze (ami) with the 19-20 week flowering time.

The buds should all poke up and reach for the light will see it in 5-6 days after supercropping (the technique you’ve used by bending them over at a severe angle)

Quite a lot of time left to might have to supercrop again the other way 😂
Thank you for the insight! I’ve heard of super cropping, but wasn’t aware that this was it. It will be cool to see what happens, I love Sativa smoke, so I’ll give her as much time as she needs to finish

Thank you for the insight! I’ve heard of super cropping, but wasn’t aware that this was it. It will be cool to see what happens, I love Sativa smoke, so I’ll give her as much time as she needs to finish
Good luck 🙏 I’ll stick around til the finish line. Put some more pics or queries up and loads of helpful advice will come your way

Got a good crowd here 😎

The plant will try to straighten out all the bent over branches. I have seen some of my plants completely straighten out some stems within two or three weeks.

In several days, maybe a week, you might consider bending some of them again. Putting the new bend in the same area but not the exact same spot is what I have done in the past. If all goes well the plant will start to send small stacks of buds pointing up towards the light within several days. But, you still have to watch out for any straightening of the entire stalk. Or somehow tie down the stem so no matter how hard the plant tries it cannot straighten the stems.

Keep as many green leaves on the plant as possible. Photosynthesis takes place in the leaves and that is how the plant produces the 'complete foods' it needs to stay as healthy as possible. The lack of fan leaves on the plant might become a problem in a couple of weeks.

Do not measure the pot of soil. Measure the height of the plant from the soil line to the top.

Did the Outer layer of stem crack? If so wrap it with some of the paper medical tape. That will keep the open wound clean but let micro filtered air in so it can heal. Assuming you are in week 3-4 of flower so past the stretch, right? Make sure you have it well supported so it can hold the weight of the buds without reinjuring the wound. The low N high PK diet for flowering is also ideal for stem health. P for flower and K for stem structure and circulation development.

Have had this happen a few times. moving the plant, lights fall, accidents happen. Most cases, it may not be the most productive branch due to light distance and recovery stunting it but still worth keeping. Only time I had to lop off the branch, it looed like a bundle of broken toothpicks. You should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom