X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

Good to have you back, OMM - how did you know I saved that seat for you? My little auto-grow is kinda puny compared to what you'll be able to do in the Matterhorn. :)

Sure you glad you moved to the new thread with me. :thumb:

Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss one of your grows, xlr8 ! :) A little summer time grow is just right. I thought you might have a big ole chair with cushions,,,that's why I asked. :Rasta:

Just bought a new chair for myself. Can't get it out of my car. Too heavy!
Helper will be over next week, so he can get it. :yummy:

Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss one of your grows, xlr8 ! :) A little summer time grow is just right. I thought you might have a big ole chair with cushions,,,that's why I asked. :Rasta:

Just bought a new chair for myself. Can't get it out of my car. Too heavy!
Helper will be over next week, so he can get it. :yummy:

Speaking of too heavy...

Just got the final budget approval and thumbs up from my wife on a pretty nice upgrade to the grow area. I'll go into some more details on specifics in a future post, but it brings a smile to my face thinking about it. Nice to have her buy-in before I add a small room to the house and drop a couple thousand on my personal med hobby. ;)

Only problem is - I don't have helpers and I have no idea how to do the parts that will require a bit of construction without wiping myself out. I guess if I hid all the grow stuff and shut down my little auto grow maybe I could get a contractor for a day, but I know that I'll probably try to do it myself.

I think hiding and moving the grow stuff would wipe me out, too. Might as well just use that energy to build a couple of walls! There is always my wife for helping with some of the lifting. Ugh.

I'll just focus on the bright side -- upgrades getting seal of approval from the wife - and she's chipping in a bunch of the $$ cuz she loves me so... :yahoo: :) Just got to figure out the heavy lifting now before she changes her mind or spends the $ elsewhere!

I think (was it Bluedog?) is right. Stony Acres retirement community around here! I used to be such a strong, fit person -- what the hell happened?! I dread doing things that used to seem sooooo simple. Now there's an idea though, a retirement community for stoners. Every room has a personal vaporizer - I can imagine a pretty killer community garden and a whole lot of snacks...

Speaking of too heavy...

Just got the final budget approval and thumbs up from my wife on a pretty nice upgrade to the grow area. I'll go into some more details on specifics in a future post, but it brings a smile to my face thinking about it. Nice to have her buy-in before I add a small room to the house and drop a couple thousand on my personal med hobby. ;)

Only problem is - I don't have helpers and I have no idea how to do the parts that will require a bit of construction without wiping myself out. I guess if I hid all the grow stuff and shut down my little auto grow maybe I could get a contractor for a day, but I know that I'll probably try to do it myself.

I think hiding and moving the grow stuff would wipe me out, too. Might as well just use that energy to build a couple of walls! There is always my wife for helping with some of the lifting. Ugh.

I'll just focus on the bright side -- upgrades getting seal of approval from the wife - and she's chipping in a bunch of the $$ cuz she loves me so... :yahoo: :) Just got to figure out the heavy lifting now before she changes her mind or spends the $ elsewhere!

Man, I feel for you xlr8.:smokin:

First, congratulations on the seal of approval from the wife. Bless her. Does she know more is coming soon? Better hurry.

Now, I have Brother in field of %48#$ can't do it myself any more, but I will!:smokin:
Good helpers are hard to find. I hope you can find one. :yummy:

I so hear you my friend...even moving the nutes around is wearing.

I know you will do it yourself, but be careful.....it can get worse and does.

Yep, here to cheer you up! :Rasta:

I think (was it Bluedog?) is right. Stony Acres retirement community around here! I used to be such a strong, fit person -- what the hell happened?! I dread doing things that used to seem sooooo simple. Now there's an idea though, a retirement community for stoners. Every room has a personal vaporizer - I can imagine a pretty killer community garden and a whole lot of snacks...

And mighty fine nurses!:hippy:

Awesome news from the wife 52 :woohoo:

Just take your time and don't overdo it. It's a big risk to have a stranger come in, I know what you mean.

Stony Acres it is! Nurses, vapes, gardens and munchies! And of course WnF's van for field trips :yahoo:

Hi Old Friend:Rasta:

I still have a journal going on, it's the one under my name as "ripped off".
Name tells it all. It's in the closed journals and about to be finished. Will have another one up, hopefully next week. Good to see you! :thumb:

Yea Ive read up on this grow also I just started my journal under my name check it out some time when you get a chance omm always looking for fellow growers advice good to see you to man will definitely stay tuned on your grow

Man, I feel for you xlr8.:smokin:

First, congratulations on the seal of approval from the wife. Bless her. Does she know more is coming soon? Better hurry.

Now, I have Brother in field of %48#$ can't do it myself any more, but I will!:smokin:
Good helpers are hard to find. I hope you can find one. :yummy:

I so hear you my friend...even moving the nutes around is wearing.

I know you will do it yourself, but be careful.....it can get worse and does.

Yep, here to cheer you up! :Rasta:

Thanks OMM - yeah, I'm king of "*&%$&*! can't do it myself anymore, but I will"! As far as helpers, my issue is that I trust nobody. Well, not true, because I trust plenty of people, but I don't fully trust anybody to keep a secret this important. So, it'll be the 3 of us (me, myself and I) on this one.

You're right, it can get worse and does. That's a lesson I've learned painfully, more than once. So I'll be taking it pretty easy and slow. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

Now for the good news, it wiped me out some - but I got one wall mostly completed. Though I'm hurting a bit now, I feel so good for getting that done and have much greater confidence I CAN do this project. I have such a great motivation - I've been imagining this room completed for so long, and what I'll be filling it with. I'm stoked! :)

Awesome news from the wife 52 :woohoo:

Just take your time and don't overdo it. It's a big risk to have a stranger come in, I know what you mean.

Stony Acres it is! Nurses, vapes, gardens and munchies! And of course WnF's van for field trips :yahoo:

It sure is awesome news, Horse ;) (I've done that - too many journals to keep up with!)

I'm not into risks - too... risky? :) I'm so excited about being able to make the upgrades and I really can't remember the last time I looked so forward to something.

OMM had it right - we need hot nurses at the home, too. Am I just high, or does Stony Acres actually sound like a good idea for real?!? I know I'd not fight going to THAT home someday.

Congrats XL on the new budget lol always have to run it threw the warden I know how that goes brother..Dont rush things take your time like they say time is perfection hows you humidity going did you finally get that under control?

Thanks Crower - I'm still using my jury-rigged humidity solution for now, but hopefully I'll get a more permanent solution. Too much going on! :loopy:

Lol no doubt im still doing research on how much humidity I'm going to need when i go into 12.12 right now im running around the 40 to 50% ugh headaches lol

Well, at least 40-50% will be perfect for 12/12 if you can keep it there during that time. :thumb:

Nice to be a bit higher during veg if possible though. I like the really small travel size humidifier that w1sest sent the link on - I might just order that (wish it was a little cheaper though). :)

Sorry about that 52 lol! Put me in the alzheimers wing of Stony Acres and let me feed the ducks.

Can't wait to hear your plans and see what ya got going bro... but please go slow and don't hurt yourself, you've got lots of time. Good luck!

Unless I think of something even better, I'm planning on putting this tent in the new space - Growlab GL 80L:

It's dimensions are: 4'11"wide x 2'7"deep x 6'7"tall

Should fit really nice. I'll have room to keep the Mothership in the new space for vegging or a mother - or maybe I'll come up with something else for the rest of the space - still not sure.

Inside the tent, I'm planning on putting (2) 400w lights with air-cooled reflectors and a 200cfm fan pulling the air through a good filter and out of the tent and room - probably venting into a crawl space nearby. 800w of light in there should light it up pretty good I'm thinking...

Here is the reflector I'm thinking of - gonna run 2 of these end to end:

I can't wait - it should make things so much easier.

Wow! xlr8 ! :thumb:

That's going to be a hell of a good set up. It's half as big as my tent, but with the same lights. Your girls are going to love it, :yummy:

I'm going to try mine without the light fans at first. Probably won't work, but we will see, I will have to 8" fans pulling straight across the lights as it is now.
Time will tell.

Glad your taking it easy...keep it up! :Rasta:

What i had in mind was something like this...

Amazon.com: Vicks 1.5 Gallon Vaporizer with Night-Light: Health & Personal Care

1663485441840.png

Just getting caught up.... I'm tired now :)

Congrats on the budget approval, I think once I figure out where I'm moving my grows are gonna get much bigger :thumb:

...funny my mind feels like it's been at Shady Acres for a while now :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom