Young plant's leaves dying dropping

Fietchen

I never expirience this problem growing for years with great success but know something is wrong i belive the heat is the problem 26 to over 30 the last 2 week's my plants looking most good but i see another plant the first leafs are dying also so I fearing that my plants dying off... I add 3ml H2O2 to the water for more oxygen hope that's helping fan blowing 24h lights are only 55 watt cob for the first weeks so what's the problem here? Maybe adding more H2O2 and give them a oxygen boost but how much? I never over watering growing coco for year's..

IMG_20220725_093527.jpg
IMG_20220725_093523.jpg
IMG_20220725_111500.jpg
IMG_20220725_111454.jpg

A 55-watt COB per square foot, or one for the entire tent?

I never expirience this problem growing for years with great success but know something is wrong i belive the heat is the problem 26 to over 30 the last 2 week's my plants looking most good but i see another plant the first leafs are dying also so I fearing that my plants dying off... I add 3ml H2O2 to the water for more oxygen hope that's helping fan blowing 24h lights are only 55 watt cob for the first weeks so what's the problem here? Maybe adding more H2O2 and give them a oxygen boost but how much? I never over watering growing coco for year's..

IMG_20220725_093527.jpg
IMG_20220725_093523.jpg
IMG_20220725_111500.jpg
IMG_20220725_111454.jpg
That's coco coir in your pots right @Fietchen ?
Coco must be fed ever day with full strength Nutrients.
Put calmag in your water first every time.
Wait 10 minutes then Nutrients according to the schedule.
Then set ph to exactly 5.8 then feed every day until you get runoff.
No plain water ever.
Follow these parameters and they will green up and be fine.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

That's coco coir in your pots right @Fietchen ?
Coco must be fed ever day with full strength Nutrients.
Put calmag in your water first every time.
Wait 10 minutes then Nutrients according to the schedule.
Then set ph to exactly 5.8 then feed every day until you get runoff.
No plain water ever.
Follow these parameters and they will green up and be fine.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I grow coco for years I know how to handle so my question was what's wrong with my Jung plant.

Hey fietchen, so if food is good, watering is good, and they have proper lighting then my only guess since I don't grow coco is that those leaves aren't getting enough light.

As with all plants the lowest blocked leaves will turn yellow.....droop....and fall off. And I noticed in the photos you gave that those two droopy leaves are in the shade from the upper leaves. And then I noticed on the other plants that the lowers are all lite up from light and are growing well no issues.

Over all they look healthy I would not fret....good luck growmie :headbanger:

Hey fietchen, so if food is good, watering is good, and they have proper lighting then my only guess since I don't grow coco is that those leaves aren't getting enough light.

As with all plants the lowest blocked leaves will turn yellow.....droop....and fall off. And I noticed in the photos you gave that those two droopy leaves are in the shade from the upper leaves. And then I noticed on the other plants that the lowers are all lite up from light and are growing well no issues.

Over all they look healthy I would not fret....good luck growmie :headbanger:

This dropping is different looks sick to me my worry is low oxygen level because of the summer time here so I hope she recovery quick let's hope the next leafs will not dying

A guy from Reggit posted this

Could be verticillium wilt caused by fungus which would be due to excessive moisture in the soil. Pretty hard to treat once it sets in.

It looks like he is right? Then this plant is fuckt

I would not be to quick to say it has a deadly incurable disease ... That has other symptoms such as necrosis, wilting, greying leaves, brown ring around base of stem where soil touches or distorted growth.....which yours does not have...

Has anything changed since yesterday? Spread to other leaves etc?

Problem with Google diagnosis is it'll tell you your dying and or your plant is dying lol over a simple search.

Could be verticillium wilt caused by fungus which would be due to excessive moisture in the soil. Pretty hard to treat once it sets in.

I would only believe about 1% of what I read on Reddit. Honestly, your plants look like they need some better light, nutes, and make sure you're pots are draining very well, and not sitting in water. Could it be heat, maybe, but 30 celsius isn't that bad (86 degrees F). I've grow seedlings in conditions hotter than that without issues.

I would only believe about 1% of what I read on Reddit. Honestly, your plants look like they need some better light, nutes, and make sure you're pots are draining very well, and not sitting in water. Could it be heat, maybe, but 30 celsius isn't that bad (86 degrees F). I've grow seedlings in conditions hotter than that without issues.

I will check tomorrow not at home my friends :)

Wait, is it in soil or is it in coco? The two are very different. With soil, you don't want it to stay wet, because the roots need to be able to access oxygen. With hydroponic grows - and coco is a hydroponic substrate/media - you want to provide water... so that the roots can access oxygen. With active hydroponics, one aerates that water. With passive hydroponics - hand-watered setups - the gardener frequently replaces the water / nutrient solution with a fresh batch. The level of DO in it is not artificially increased, therefore, this frequent replacement is important(!). And it's how/why plants thrive in coco coir, even though the media is never allowed to dry out. If the plant just sat in the same water, it'd begin to look like one that is trying to grow in constantly waterlogged soil. If a plant in soil looks "overwatered," allow the media to dry out. If it looks the same in coco, water more (often). Because it's the same issue for both plants - they cannot access a sufficient amount of O₂.

I've seen verticillium wilt on outdoor plants - being grown in heavy soil in the woods. I've never seen it on indoor plants being grown in coco coir. (Which is not to say that it's impossible, of course.)

Hey, @Emilya , what would you do for the plant in question, in this situation?

Wait, is it in soil or is it in coco? The two are very different. With soil, you don't want it to stay wet, because the roots need to be able to access oxygen. With hydroponic grows - and coco is a hydroponic substrate/media - you want to provide water... so that the roots can access oxygen. With active hydroponics, one aerates that water. With passive hydroponics - hand-watered setups - the gardener frequently replaces the water / nutrient solution with a fresh batch. The level of DO in it is not artificially increased, therefore, this frequent replacement is important(!). And it's how/why plants thrive in coco coir, even though the media is never allowed to dry out. If the plant just sat in the same water, it'd begin to look like one that is trying to grow in constantly waterlogged soil. If a plant in soil looks "overwatered," allow the media to dry out. If it looks the same in coco, water more (often). Because it's the same issue for both plants - they cannot access a sufficient amount of O₂.

I've seen verticillium wilt on outdoor plants - being grown in heavy soil in the woods. I've never seen it on indoor plants being grown in coco coir. (Which is not to say that it's impossible, of course.)

got me! If its not the o2 content in the water, I don't have a clue.

This is full coco never expirience trouble bevore I read a lot of information about how to handle coco coir and yeah it has to be wet the air water ratio is always on point then but sometimes in early seedling it's OK to water a litte bit ore wait day's bevore water again.

Good to know. I haven't a great deal of experience with it (and none recently). When I did use it, I never let it dry out, even with small plants (and I "watered" frequently, even so). To be honest, my reason for this was primarily because I was concerned that, if I did otherwise, I might somehow undo the effort of rinsing it after initial hydration by s-l-o-w-l-y dribbling water through it for hours, then prepping it with a weak calcium nitrate and Epsom salt solution to replace the sodium and potassium ions with calcium and, perhaps, a bit of magnesium.

They all don't looks like they normal looks after 2 weeks I think about to start everything new what you think?

IMG_20220726_171721.jpg

It looks this plant here is the next that will dying showing same sign the seedlings leafs dying brown and then the 1 finger leafs I hope I am wrong
IMG_20220726_171838.jpg

IMG_20220726_171728.jpg

Back
Top Bottom