Young Shepard Cross Breed in Deep Water Culture

yeah you guys fuckkkkkkk that! I gatta a better solution!!!

grand master grower buddie ended up hooking me up with another chiller, same company as the one I have but this new one is twice the size and is about a 700 dollar chiller so now all I have to do is show up at his place every 15 days for the next 3 months and help him with his giant set up. Win win for me, I get to learn more and got a fat new chiller to keep that bull shit pythrum away! Gatta work today to make some money so i can actually buy a pump for this chilller and get it installed and throw the new clones in (had to kill both those two girls sadly they were way to infested but the homie hooked me up with two clones of the same strain that are already rooted to help give me a head start since I had to start over. Will post new pics by monday!
i love chillers :)
and I figure I have atleast another 25 days or so before Shapey will be harvested and then im even planning to cure in her grow closet since I dont have a better spot to control humidity than in that closet plus...with that much weed i wanna keep it under two doors locks and keys with my fucking eye on it just to make sure my room mates shady friends dont snatch any...you know what i mean k yeah just gatta be safe!!!

so thats like 30 days which is the perfect ammount of time to have these new clones that are already pretty nicely rooted with beutiful egg shell white shoots i love to add and these babys are going in the chiller right after today! after i earn some money from work.

Wish me luck!

hydro

Dime I also just wanted to say I think that's cool your so down to sit and take the time to read through peoples post to figure out what their problem is a try to help them-your a true homie. I do it on occasion myself and honestly I wish I had been more active with you guys with regards to this issue, possibly I could have saved them but with the timming of when shapey's ganna be out of that room and with the sudden and awesome events of recieveing another chiller from the same company as the first thats twice the size of the first I just am like u know what fuck dealing with a fucked up plant that possibly could end up infecting my new chiller with this disease and the next thing you know my 700 dollar chiller just turned in to a 700 dollar fucking pythium factory! NO THANKS! Irradication is the role im taking while I still can. But thank you for the info before making the fatal mistake of purchasing Hygrozyme as a cure I read a few other things online besides just what the homies like MRKRIP were tellin me that pointed me away from that.

Again thank you and i'll have more pics up asap including some pix i snapped at my grand master growers grow operation that i'll be posting so you guys can see that guys style (he's an ebb and flow guy and i dont blame him when he's growing 40 plants)

hydrologist

Dime I also just wanted to say I think that's cool your so down to sit and take the time to read through peoples post to figure out what their problem is a try to help them-your a true homie. I do it on occasion myself and honestly I wish I had been more active with you guys with regards to this issue, possibly I could have saved them but with the timming of when shapey's ganna be out of that room and with the sudden and awesome events of recieveing another chiller from the same company as the first thats twice the size of the first I just am like u know what fuck dealing with a fucked up plant that possibly could end up infecting my new chiller with this disease and the next thing you know my 700 dollar chiller just turned in to a 700 dollar fucking pythium factory! NO THANKS! Irradication is the role im taking while I still can. But thank you for the info before making the fatal mistake of purchasing Hygrozyme as a cure I read a few other things online besides just what the homies like MRKRIP were tellin me that pointed me away from that.

Again thank you and i'll have more pics up asap including some pix i snapped at my grand master growers grow operation that i'll be posting so you guys can see that guys style (he's an ebb and flow guy and i dont blame him when he's growing 40 plants)

hydrologist

NICE deal on the new chiller, Hydro, congrats! :high-five:

And, it's good thinking not risking the contamination when you know you have a problem. You definately should irradicate the problem first. Try the H2O2 treatment in a seperate res. The H2O2 is cheap and worst cast, it should be some good experience in learning how to treat the issue if it ever rears its ugly head again.

BTW...What size is your res and how often to you do complete changes?

yeah dude next time i go to the hydro shop to pick up that new pump to make my new chiller work tonight or tomorrow after i get paid im also ganna big up atleast a half gallon or more of like 35% or stronger h202 to soak all my old hydroton and pretty much everything and anything that ever came in contact with those shitty old plants and that stupid root disease.

since im rocking single site dwc 5 gal buckets which i fill with 3 gallons. With shapey since she's so big and drinks so much water, i've been doing a rez change about every 3-4 days, though when I first flipped her to bloom it was like...every....5 days and durring veg until like the last week of veg I'll do a rez change once a week.

hydrologist

MY GROW MASTERS SET UP-HOMIE THAT I"LL BE ASSISTING TO EARN THAT 700 DOLLA Chilla!

Massive flood tables! There are 30 young shepard plants growing down there atm, homie is harvesting 4 LBS PLUS EVERY HARVEST!!

-316.jpg

-224.jpg
-132.jpg

Holy crap that's cool! I keep hoping to just get a chance to volunteer for the guy who runs the grow-op I belong to just for the experience...but throw in a $700 anything and I'd be freaking PUMPED! Congrats man!

And also, no worries about sitting down and typing a few words. I guess I'm just trying to "pay-it-forward" a bit for all of the wonderful advice I've received here and because I consider you a friend.

Happy growing my man!

@Dime, Dude I totaly wish you luck with the volunteer work just hanging around my buddie as much as I have i've been able to absorb so much! Let me know how that works out dude.

@HempRocket-I feel you dawg! btw great submission in POTM Good Luck!!

In other news....I finally got that new 700 dollar chiller hooked up and recirculating with a pump through two buckets!!! Im so pumped and excited I couldn't wait to take pix with a good camera so its back to my piece of shit cell phone cam for now.

Also as you'll see the clones I have going on dont look....the greatest, BUT they both already have fine nice white thick roots and thats a huge head start after having to kill those last two poor plants without having any clones already propogated so without these from my buddie, i'd be totally screwed. And if for some reason they can't bounce back (which I can't see with the chiller and everything I have going on plus nice cool temps outside again finally) I can always pick up two stronger healthier looking ones you know and every time I pick them up it feels good to know that they are comming off a mother, not just a clone of a clone of a clone which I worry about sometimes when it comes to picking up clones from say a club or something.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics, I am already having a few technically dificulties with the set up which are to be expected when upgrading to the next level of complexity with a set up. Right now I only have a 3/4 inch garden hose connecting the two buckets causing the bucket that the water is flowing in to to have a higher level than the bucket that has the water being pulled out of it, so I need to upgrade that connection to ATLEAST a 1 inch im thinking, let me know if it should be more....if anyone knows. Also its good to do the upgrade anyways because i fucked up and drilled the hole on the bucket on the left's just a tad to big, as a result water was leaking grom the grommet I have holding the hose in place. So pisssed first time i've fucked that one up...all well. Tommorow or something i'll drain the system and take the bucket back to they hydro shop so I can use their cool ass cone bit (i need one so fucking bad but their 50 bucks at home depot, but def after harvest when i have cash I will) and buy the 1 inch or larger connection and widen those holes to acomodate and make sure im extra careful and go slow this time!!! Other than those two pretty insignificant problems everything is looking fucking sweeeet!!! im so excited,
the other day when I picked up the pump i also picked up a liter of that austrialian companys growing specific h202, yeah not a big difference between grow specific and the shit at cvs besides the fact that this australian h202 is 50% and sais POISON in huge letters on the sides lol. Shit turns mine and heks' hands WHITE for like 5 hours when it accidentally came in contact with our skin. Im wearing gloves from now on with that shit.
But anyways yeah Today I went on a big cleaning bing early this morning and filled all the buckets i use to mix nutes and stuff like that and all the mixers and air stones and evrything and anything that may have come in contact with pythrium that was safe to dunk in that h202/water solution i created was dunked. including a ton of hydroton btw. So yeah...very good day!

also if your wondering about that big plant behind my two babies thats Hek's number two! very exciting shit in fact homie just purchased a dope ass Hydrofarm RADIANT 8 hood AND ordered a 600 watt NEXGEN ballast offline! I'm exciting for him and if you wern't aware that homie is moving to austrailia mid august, well we have an agreement that i'll buy all his gear off of him when he leaves at a pretty good used deal. Basically streight craigslist prices for most stuff. Like stuff like the radiant he bought for 160 i'd give him 80, that nextgen ballast, hes getn' for 210 bucks, i'll give him 120 for it, he's also getting a dope ass digilux bulb to go with it, but i'll only give him 10 for a used bulb...well probably nothing actually. Fuck buying used bulbs. Period. Anyways hope you enjoy the pics more high def ones comming soon and will be updating their journal with these images next also!

Hydro

Giant new chiller(same brand as shapeys just..larger)
0417111846a.jpg

You know your becomming a pro grower when your gear closet starts to resemble a mini hydroshop
041711184601.jpg

Scrony clone one (this ones in a bit better shape)
0417111656b.jpg

Scrony clone number two (better shape weaker stem will change soon)
0417111656a.jpg

dope setup
0417111628d.jpg

that 3/4 connection that needs to get swopped out for a larger one...just dont know what size would be optimal.
0417111628b.jpg

New airpump I got a week ago and never got around to posting. Its fucking killer!!!
0417111628a.jpg

Hope you enjoy these pics and wish me luck with these clones, I really need them to recover and take off qucikly!! Roots havn't hit water yet but from the powerful airstones and rdwc water splashing the bottoms of my net pots have been getting a nice fine mist so that'll help promote the roots to grow down towards the water and i'll be dosing them with supplimental top feeding via a cup of water i extract from the system about 3 times a day.

PH is 5.8,
ppm is 550
approximately

Hydro,
Pick up the cone bit at Harbor Freight for about $9 (a set of 3), they also have cheap hole saws which are adequate for cutting plastic. Also H2O2 is cheaper if you buy it from somewhere other than a hydro store. Google Food Grade H2O2 and look for stuff in the 35% range. Most other types of H2O2 have stabilizers that are not safe for consumption (you can use H2O2 for a bunch of other uses, a few drops in your milk will keep it from spoiling for a longer time).

Why not have a splitter or "Y" that connect to the bottom of each bucket and another that feeds the chilled nutes back to the top of each bucket. That should keep them both in the same range. If I was doing it though, I would use 1-1/2 uniseals on each bucket and do a undercurrent style system with an external res. I sent you the link to the uniseals last month, they're cheaper than bulkheads, watertight and easy to use.

I'll be posting my updates in the morning.

Hydro,
Pick up the cone bit at Harbor Freight for about $9 (a set of 3), they also have cheap hole saws which are adequate for cutting plastic. Also H2O2 is cheaper if you buy it from somewhere other than a hydro store. Google Food Grade H2O2 and look for stuff in the 35% range. Most other types of H2O2 have stabilizers that are not safe for consumption (you can use H2O2 for a bunch of other uses, a few drops in your milk will keep it from spoiling for a longer time).

Why not have a splitter or "Y" that connect to the bottom of each bucket and another that feeds the chilled nutes back to the top of each bucket. That should keep them both in the same range. If I was doing it though, I would use 1-1/2 uniseals on each bucket and do a undercurrent style system with an external res. I sent you the link to the uniseals last month, they're cheaper than bulkheads, watertight and easy to use.

I'll be posting my updates in the morning.[/QUOTE
dont quite understand the Y idea...can u draw it for me? and at the moment im tight on space and dont really want an external rez, no point at all to me honestly. I am looking for simplicity and space saving. I just want my water level in both buckets.

no i think i know what your talking. basically have two top feeds that connect to the single "out port" from the chiller correct? Well for that idea I believe I would need two pumps, one per pucket to feed it back and that takes up room and kinda jacks the price up and does the same exact thing with alittle bit more efficiency? You saw the size of the chiller im using yeah? Im using that giant mother fucker on 6 gallons of water, and so far I havn't been noticing it work all that hard, though its preliminary I can't see it being a problem, plus im using a 386 gallon per hour pump to keep things flowing nicely.

I've never heard of Harbor Freight But i'll look it up because I really need that bit I hope I can really get it 4 that cheap!
Yeah I know I kinda got ripped on the h202 but I gatta say im pretty stoked on the 50% Heks had a bit of Pythium, not nearly as bad as my two girls and he's been using a ml a day for the past 3 days and its practically erradicated, except near where the roots meet the net pot. Still slimy up there meh.

let me know what you think about that set up.
Hydro

SHAPEY.UPDATE\April.19.2011\DAY.52.0F.FLOWER

Salutations Everyone!
sal-you-tae'-SHON-z's!!!!!!!

Its been a great run with this lovely girl, and I gatta say, yesterday when I was smoking pot and sitting down underneath her canopy and enjoying her soothing fragrence, that closer to roses than that of a skunk, and as I admired her beutiful green firm branches, and as I corressed her beutiful 7 fingered leaves bigger than my hands, I felt a bit of sadness knowing that this girl will soon be gone. And i'll miss her. Yet at the same time Harvesting her will be a moment of celebration! Her life cycle will be complete, her purposed served, yet her spirit and her vigor live on, as every time I grow a new clone of her, I know that its her just reincarnated. I love growing cannabis. I truly do. It helps me deal with my anger and pain better than sports. It helps me connect with whatever it is that gives us life, true pure unconscious life-energy.

Anyways enough with the hippy talk and time fo bidnez lol.
So she's looking marvelous, i've been feeding her as follows:

About every 3 1/2 days I change her 5 gallon bucket which (when full) contains 3 gallons of nutrient soup. For the past 3 weeks now i've been dosing her with::morenutes:
40ml of Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A, 40ml of Sensi Bloom B, 20ml of Advanced Nutrients Kushi Kush, 3ml of Dutch Master Zone (plant friendly rez/root sterilizer), and 1/2 ml of Humbolt County's GRAVITY.
*Also since having to kill those last two clones I purchased a big bottle of Hydro International's Bloom h202, basically 50%strength hydrogen peroxide and let me tell you, this shit is insaine!!! If you get a drop of this stuff undiluted on your hands you get white splotches for about 3 hours that is so white it looks like paint. Yeah so if you get the stuff wear gloves like I've started to. Anyways bottle recomends you give 1ml a day per 10L (aprox 9 L in 3 gal) as a preventative but since im also using DM ZONE i've been giving shapey .5 ml a day of the stuff.
PLUS starting two weeks ago, once a week (Mondays) I wake up at 630 and mix 4.5 ml(=aprox 1 Tsp) of Humbolt Countys SNOW STORM ULTRA in with 1 gal of pure RO water and I've been "Dusting" collas and fan leaves about 20 minutes before the lights turn on at 7am.

PH has been kept consistent between 5.5 and 5.9 (I found that DM ZONE REALLY helps keep my nutrient solution PH from rising too fast)

:morenutes:PPM has been going great also. When I mix nutrients up to the ratios specified above in ml, it comes to aprox 1300ppm which seems to be the highest I can get her ppm in flower without getting weird yelow splotches on fan leaves or any burn whatsoever. She burns at about 1400 ppm(i keep a 100ppm buffer to be safe)
Anyways she drinks a Gallon a day, so by the end of the day I replenish that missing gallon of water with a gallon of pure RO water, PH the water right b4 lights out and when I test the PPM its usually drops to about 950-1100 at this point, then the 3rd day I do the same thing, refill the gallon with fresh water, PH and by then the PH is down to 800-1000ppm and I let her go to sleep and the next day around 10 or so is when I usually change out her rez for fresh nutrients and the cycle repeats itself.
(i'd also like to note that i time it so that her ppm is at the lowest point when I apply snow storm ultra via foliar just to make sure im safe and dont burn her, because obviously theirs really no way to tell how much TDS is in your plant unless you have an expensive lab at your disposal, and I am obsessive about keeping my plants green, perfect and UN BURNED!!!!! probably one of the reasons shapey was so flawless!!

Not a single bug infestation, nor a single spore of fungus on foliage or ROOTS!!! SECOND time in a ROW! Not to mention 2nd HYDRO GROW EVER!! AND 4th cycle grown overall in my life (started in soil indoors almost exactly 1 year ago, it will be may 5th hurray! tho i stopped for about 5 months after getting such terrible results in soil) So yeah another reason why i killed those last two clones. dont wanna screw up my record! Or live with pythium. FUCK that.:Rasta:

Topic of Harvest: Well so far she's looking fucking amazing. I'm really seeing the effects of that GRAVITY and tottaly recomend it to everyone, and as promised after 12 days I started noticing effects and that was about a week and a half ago, and today as you can see she's plump as hell, more than half of her collas are starting to sprout even more, and multiple top calyxes as if this bitch is trying to say "you might kill me and rip out my reproductive parts but im ganna make you wait and torture you with my sexiness) lol. Today I inspected about 4 Collas for amber Trichomes and so far i've seen a ratio of about 3% amber, 87% milk white, 8%clearish/cloudy 2%clear. and my pistil's are about 65% turned orange. So we're getting close. But again im not going to rush it and harvest too soon. Afraid me n heks harvested a bit too early on sandra even tho she was still very fucking dank, basically set my bar of standards higher for me im stoked, so now even the 60 dolla eighth shit at the clinic sucks haha. We harvested at day 60 last time. With the looks of things I feel she could take about 3 more weeks so its looking like may 1st i'll switch to clear PH'd water that will be changed twice a day, for 5 days and on that 5th day I will harvest and it will be a beutiful thing. And I will film it and post it.

Anyways if you really read all that you will now be rewarded with some great plant, shitty camera pics. and if you didn't read...well you have an instant gradification problem buddie and so do I lol.
Take care everyone, and BE SAFE OUT THERE DONT TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT YOUR GROW, AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT HIDING OUT NEAR YOUR PLACE AT NIGHT, JUST READ IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER THAT A LOCAL HAS BEEN ARRESTED AFTER A SEARCH WARRANT WAS SERVED WITH EVIDENCE PROVIDED BY THOSE STUPID HEAD SIGNATURE CAMERAS!!!! He also didnt have a medical marijuana license. So if your state allows Medical MJ MAKE SURE YOU GET A CARD!!
:Namaste:
-Hydro out
:peacetwo:

0419110824b.jpg

0419110824a.jpg

0419110824.jpg

0419110823b.jpg

0419110823a.jpg

0419110823.jpg

(sorry for side-ways low res shitty pics. my phone camera fucking sucks. Will buy a Digi soon with proceeds earned from her and will have the 5D DSLR for harvest and POTM and eventually NOTM pics +)):tokin:

I was gonna hit the "Quote button" but I didn't want to start another page in your journal :) Your girl is just plain awesome, a true testament to SCROG style growing :welldone:

I always read your posts my man... if you don't, you could miss out on a real funny line or hidden gem of a story :thumb:. Plus I think you have a bunch of great techniques and tips in there as well. :high-five:

stuff like,
"you might kill me and rip out my reproductive parts but im ganna make you wait and torture you with my sexiness"
:rofl:

Luv ya bro! You always make me smile while I'm learning, you would be a cool college professor! Cannabis 101 with professor Hydrologist :slide:

-dime

@HempRocket Thanks homie!

@Dime dude you made me smile when you wrote that. I apreciate your kind words and I can't wait till its a reality! I know I'll be a good teacher because I know I'll love teaching! I already do! Your real pal.

haha thanks XLR8, I was wondering if anyone was ganna mention it :thumb: hahaa

actually Heks and I watch a short little video on the origins of where the 420 symbol for pot came from and I guess it originated with this group of kids i forget where and they called themselves the waldos and something about them always smoking pot at 420pm haha. Yeahh. We celebrated a bit by going to the hydro shop, I picked up a few little 1/2 inch connectors and a 1/2 inch T which I connected to hose that feeds water back into one of the buckets and I was having an issue where the water wouldn't stay level, as if my connection was too small between the buckets and the pump was moving too fast, but installing this T slows down the water just enuf not to mention help break it up and air-rate it just a little more so I am hella stoked. I do love this hydro store they always offer great advice, wish I could name them. But yeah So heks recieved a 600 watt NEXTGEN ballast its FUCKING BEUTIFUL! a 600 watt HPS DIGILUX BULB-BEUTIFUL AMAZING GIANT BOX (I think I might have to switch from hortilux) and then we ran to the hydro shop and he picked up a booster fan, mylar and ducting. To go with the Radiant 8 from hydrofarm that he just picked up last Monday. The reason I am actually listing what my room mate purchased isn't because im blown away so much by the cool stuff he got, but because when he moves out (and out of the country) in july (tho i am guessing it wont be till augst-sept) I will be purchasing this gear off him for a much lower price so I have a stake in all this to a degree, tho I wont buy something I dont want or need, and that stuff will just go on Craigslist but yeah I amd def. stoked on what he got and I am PUMPED on that digilux and nextgen ballast! After this harvest I may sell a ballast or two and purchase one or two :Rasta: :Rasta:
Will find out soon! Looking like about 2 weeks till harvest!!

Will find out soon! Looking like about 2 weeks till harvest!!

Looks like it will be a race down to the wire for the NOTM submission :thumb:

Sounds like your nute level problem is solved. Once your room mate is gone you'll have to put 6-10 more buckets into the system to make that chiller work for its keep (right now you have a Kenworth hauling a 90lb back of quickrete). You should be able to handle the extra plant load with the lights you'll pick up this summer.

Everything is looking good. How are the new babies adapting to their new home? Give them a hug for me when you tuck them in to bed.

Looks like it will be a race down to the wire for the NOTM submission :thumb:

Sounds like your nute level problem is solved. Once your room mate is gone you'll have to put 6-10 more buckets into the system to make that chiller work for its keep (right now you have a Kenworth hauling a 90lb back of quickrete). You should be able to handle the extra plant load with the lights you'll pick up this summer.

Everything is looking good. How are the new babies adapting to their new home? Give them a hug for me when you tuck them in to bed.

Whats up steve,
luckily Nute level problem has been solved. When I make some extra cash here in a couple weeks from new editing projects I just received, not to mention HARVEST!!! Lol, I love your analogy for the load on my chiller and oh my god dude I really can't wait for homie to leave so im making sure his harvest turns out AWESOME so he has everything he needs to get out and sell me that gear at like 1/2 off!! And I mean that in the NICEST way lol, because then this whole growing thing should take off much more for me and im hoping the result will lead to me being able to go to school FULL TIME and start really getting classes under my belt...kinda sucks my major is course intensive but hey the best degree's are arnt they?

Dude I can't wait till NOTM! I just hope it'll be alittle closer than the damn kings Sharks playoffs series. My boys are really letting me down, and it sucks when your team does that EVERY year, but hey atleast they made the playoffs again. They hadn't even done that for 6 years before, so hopefully they can get deeper into the post season next year...tho they arn't out yet, i just dont wanna get my damn hopes up.

new babies are adapting great to their new home, still no sign of roots poking out the bottom of the net pots but I can tell they are growing well because they are starting to sprout perfect green baby leaves and it was hard to kill those last girls and im so pissed that I had to but atleast now I can be rest assured that i'll have some perfect, clean fast growing babies here in a couple of weeks and this time around I will be flowering much earlier than with shapey, mainly so I can get a harvest in before Heks moves out so i'll have that cash to pay him for that gear and cover rent and what not, though i'll also be saving much of the donations I get from this harvest for when that time comes (late july im hoping).

take it easy dude

hydro

Hydrolicious! Sup buddy. I been away a ton lately dealing with the folks, but i have my ipad now so i can 1/2 ass do email and the internet on the road. young shephard is looking very well and i was reading about your problems with the little clones. Sounds like that is all going well finally. OH and DUDE!!! i got my ca ID and my script this week so hopefully before the end of may I will be up and running finally!!! woot.. harass you later man!!

DUDE CONGRATS ON THE IPAD I WANT ONE!!! And no worries about being away, it happens to the best of us, i havn't been on for like two days haha. But dude thats rad you got the ipad!!! Did you get the first or the second? is it 3G one or wifi only one? Im interested in finding out bc my moms going to get one and give me her intel dual processor mac mini to replace my shitty ass OS 10.0 pre intel area mac book pro. Oh and congrats on the script homie!!! How much did you pay??? like an idiot and in a rush almost one year ago (my card expires may 5th) I paid like 120 for mine WHICH WAS FUCKING RETARDED!! Because since then all i've seen are rec adds advertising fucking 40 dollars for first timers and 30 bucks for god damn renewals!! SO GUESS WHAT HEKS AND I ARE DOING MAY $4th or before! Going to the weed doctor and getting our cards this time FOR LEGIT PRICES!!!!! So thats dope and im happy about that. Besides in atleast a year or two medical marijuana will be a joke when its legal.

Oh yeah and HEKS AND I ARE HARVESTING TODAY!!!!!!!! PICS WILL BE UP SOON!!!

HYDROLOHARVEST OUT!

Back
Top Bottom