Young Shepard Cross Breed in Deep Water Culture

mannnn I wish I was ganna pull an LB what is an LB any ways? 16 ounces yeah? Well I'll get close, like...a 3/4 lb? lol...well thats what im hoping for atleast 10 ounces. Cuz I gatta kick my room mate Heks down with an ounce to help me harvest her cuz she's ganna take alllll damn day as yours is going to as well probably haha, but its cool because when it comes time for heks to harvest his plant in about 80 days or so he said he'd kick me down with an ounce to help him harvest so its kinda....a symbiotic relationship if you get my drift and its cool and thats why its always dope to have a very close nit group of growers in the real world you can also go to. For now its just heks and my grand daddy grow master friend who hook'd it up with that chiller and a few other things not to mention breeding the strain im growing.

Basically just trying to stay busy and make the days go by quicker till harvest. I can't wait till I can fine tune my set up to be perpetual and im harvesting a plant the size of Shapey once a month. That'll be dope. Maybe when my room mate moves out i'll be able to afford the place by myself and turn his room into a grow room and get my closet back! lol. And then I could become a full time student...That would be dope. We will see.

-Hydrologist.

QUESTION!!!!

As I approach the final length of my grow with shapey before Harvest i'm starting to ponder more and more how to approach "Flushing" her. If you kept track of that co op grow between me and heks with the plant sandra, you would have read that Heks has a biast against Flushing, even though he's never tried it, and as a result we only gave sandra 2 1/2 days of clear PH'd water before harvesting her on day 60 of bloom. So on day 58 we switched her to clear water. Honestly when he got back I was prepared to go an extra week at the very least before considering harvesting but as soon as he got back from his trip he wanted to do it, I didn't want to argue and that was that.

So this time around its my plant and I have 100% control of what happens with her, so with that in mind that this plant general finishes/will be ready for harvest by AT LEAST day 70-75. With that in mind PLEASE INFORM ME OF WHEN YOU WOULD START THE FLUSH HOW LONG YOU WOULD DO IT FOR AND WHAT (IF ANY) PRODUCTS you use.

Thanks a ton guys really appreciate the advice!
Hydrologist.

Hydro, I'm gonna PM you a link to a great article on when to harvest, but I've certainly learned that one of the biggest noob mistakes is harvesting too early. I'd probably wait until you think they're ready, then wait another week, then do a proper flush. Check out the article! :)

sweet thank you krip!

clearex is that General Hydroponics?

Thats it. Yeah I have read about that product before. I remember the ad claiming its the best flush product in the world. What exactly does a flush product do?

It takes all the built-up salts, chemicals & nutrients out of the medium. When done for final flush (as opposed to a "treatment") it's so the meds taste and burn better.

fuck yeah dude and thats what im allll about :)

FYI pickin up a bottle of Hygrozyme tomorow, too many accounts are pointing it to be the perfect cure for the disgusting Pythium infection! aka gross brown gooey roots that break apart when moved around or touched.

So tomorrow bright and early i'll be at the hydro shop when it opens ready to buy a 35 dollar bottle of hygrozyme. WISH ME LUCK!

fuck yeah dude and thats what im allll about :)

FYI pickin up a bottle of Hygrozyme tomorow, too many accounts are pointing it to be the perfect cure for the disgusting Pythium infection! aka gross brown gooey roots that break apart when moved around or touched.

So tomorrow bright and early i'll be at the hydro shop when it opens ready to buy a 35 dollar bottle of hygrozyme. WISH ME LUCK!

Do you have root rot? FYI...I am/was a big believer in Hygrozyme and I do have one of those $35 bottles, but after doing more research, I've basically stopped using it in MY routine. The reason is, while I think it's great for ORGANIC grows, I don't believe it's the best solution for synthetics, which is what I'm using with AN. I have seen it make a real mess of synthetic hydro grows.

I'm currently using a combination of H2O2 with Dutch Masters Gold Zone and although I regularly run res temps in excess of 75*F, I haven't had any problems with root rot.

There are many other products out there that I'm sure will help, but, if you're using synthetic nutes, I'd try to stick to something made for synthetics. If you're using organic nutes, then I believe Hygrozyme is a great choice.

BTW...this is from the GREAT article you posted:

Q: Where do you stand when it comes to Beneficial Biology in DWC systems?

A: There’s a bit of a fork in the road philosophically when it comes to“bennies” or no “bennies”. In my experiences both tend to work but I lean towards more of a sterile aqueous root zone. It is possible to use a more carbon-based substrate for a plant’s root crown cultivation. It’s this beneficial habitat that could harbor and allow colonization of a plant’s mutualistic organisms. The solution itself has little potential for colonization of anything other than bacteria, which while useful, don’t offer the benefits of fungi’s, which share a more direct relationship with the roots themselves.

Although Hygrozyme is supposed to be "bacteria-free", I believe it crosses that same "fork"

Here's some good info on Hygrozyme:

Hygrozyme

Hygrozyme is a culture of pure enzymes, developed specifically for horticultural applications. It is derived entirely from Natural ingredients that are induced by fermentation processes to produce bacteria free enzymes and complex chains of amino acids. Enzymes have a proven role in the root zone and can greatly enhance plant performance by eliminating harmful organisms and creating a healthy environment for roots to perform their functions. The bio-fermentation process used to produce Hygrozyme is unique and exclusive to Sipco

Hygrozyme is the result of ten years research and development by leading enzyme company Sipco Bio Engineering of Canada. This company has a long history of excellence in the field of enzymatic formulations for various applications – Waste water treatment, pharmaceutical and medical technology and, of course, horticultural products.

Hygrozyme was developed and field-tested with the help of hydroponic growers, farmers and industry professionals – including members of various growers’ co-operatives in California and Canada. HYGROZYME may well be "the greatest breakthrough in Horticulture in the last decade."

Other enzyme products are contaminated by the leftover bacteria from the fermentation process and can rapidly spoil and lose their efficiency – however Hygrozyme is unique in that all bacteria are eliminated from the liquid, by a special process, before it is bottled.

Hygrozyme has an almost unlimited shelf like and retains its efficacy until it is used by the grower. It offers all the benefits of cultured enzymes in one powerful and stable solution.

yeah dude your fucking right, see im just in a panic here and zone seems to have no effect on this shit. Rez temps are down and I've been changing the rez alot trying to keep scum levels down, and i've been using the more aggress ammount they recomend so i've been putting in 6 ml for my 3 gallons and nothing has work. So this whole time since I posted that retarded post i've been thinking about how I should just hack these bitches up or give the better looking one to heks if he wants it since he's just trying to grow sell and move out with his girl, or im just ganna kill both of them which is most likely and buy some clones tommorow that are already rooted since the last two times we made clones (and possibly is the reason i got such a bad pythylum infection this time) is that the clones got really fucked up right before they rooted and they took a long time to root, idk if it was my rooting solution got fucked up mabe some plant matter got in it or if we just didn't keep the humidity right or if they were too drenched but they took way long and were all fucked up and these two have just been a fucking pain in the ass and what easily could have happened is one had it and then not being smart and cross contaminating the two plants and boom. Good news is shapey wont be out of the bloom room for another 25 days so I have time and will be on schedual if I can pick up some really nice healthy clones and oh boy am I going to inspect whatever medium they come in for issues and immediately top feed them with a light nutrient/zone solution.

When I get rid of these bitches tomorrow i'm going to bleetch the fuck out of everything and anything they ever touched and then make sure I clean it 100% for sure.

God I hate having issues like this. Its why I wish I had two fucking chillers!

and thats the final reason why I have to go insaine with this, im afraid if I hook up some root rot mother fuckin disgusting plant hosting a very very hard to eradicate fungus that is known to repeatedly come back over and over and over, through my chiller that I really can't see into, with all its random nooks and crannys oh man...i'd be reducing that chiller to a mear scum-gunk generator, killing plants left and right. and you know i'd be so bummed i'd have to sell it on craigslist and that person would then be bummed and sell it and so on and so forth so no thanks fuck that.

And if the worse really does happen and it comes back with these second clones well...i'll just take clones off Hek's Young Shepard and start over when the chiller is available and sit around with my thumb up my ass wondering how sandra got away without disease.

Or

This will all be a stupid memory in 3 months when im harvesting a fat harvest of some crazy clones i'm picking up tomorrow (shooting for a kush strain forsure!)

take it easy
thanks again
hydro

Hydro, I'm gonna PM you a link to a great article on when to harvest, but I've certainly learned that one of the biggest noob mistakes is harvesting too early. I'd probably wait until you think they're ready, then wait another week, then do a proper flush. Check out the article! :)

Hey Mr. Krip - would you be willing to PM it to me as well? I am getting close to harvesting and I love to soak up any new knowledge I can get.

Hydro - sorry to hear about the Pythium, brother. That sucks! Last pictures I saw of your plants looked good though - very nice! Hope all is well in school still, and go ask that girl out before someone else taps that. :)
:peacetwo:

Hey Hydro, its been a crazy day and ive been trying to catch up on your res problem. I read your post about pythium and I had a wicked flashback to the beginning of my grow. If you haven't added the Hygrozyme I would strongly recommend not to... Yet.

I added the hygro after pythium had set in and it caused everything to become slimy as a politicians intentions. IMHO Hygro should be used to prevent not to cure! I found this out the hard way. What I also discovered is that a H2O2 treatment saved my girls. What I did was take my 29% peroxide and mixed it per the labels instructions to one gallon distiller water. I then placed each clone in the solution and agitated the roots by swishing them around and then let them sit for ten minutes in the solution, then repeated that one more time. I can't guarantee this will work but it did work for me.

Mr Krip is right about getting more benefits from the hygro with organics and after reading up a lot on it I fully agree. The tests I saw showed a small improvement using it with chemical nutes and noticeable improvements with organics.

I wish you the best my friend!
:Namaste:

Hey Hydro, its been a crazy day and ive been trying to catch up on your res problem. I read your post about pythium and I had a wicked flashback to the beginning of my grow. If you haven't added the Hygrozyme I would strongly recommend not to... Yet.

I added the hygro after pythium had set in and it caused everything to become slimy as a politicians intentions. IMHO Hygro should be used to prevent not to cure! I found this out the hard way. What I also discovered is that a H2O2 treatment saved my girls. What I did was take my 29% peroxide and mixed it per the labels instructions to one gallon distiller water. I then placed each clone in the solution and agitated the roots by swishing them around and then let them sit for ten minutes in the solution, then repeated that one more time. I can't guarantee this will work but it did work for me.

Mr Krip is right about getting more benefits from the hygro with organics and after reading up a lot on it I fully agree. The tests I saw showed a small improvement using it with chemical nutes and noticeable improvements with organics.

I wish you the best my friend!
:Namaste:

DIME, in my original post, when I had said that I had seen Hygrozyme make a real mess of synthetic hydro grows - well, that's EXACTLY what happened! It turned the whole res to slime and got into everything (imagine having a water pump with sprayers and not just an airstone!). Glad to hear the H2O2 worked for you! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom