Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here you go, Shed... (in full disclosure, I rounded up the dilution rate. Precisely calculated it's actually 1:24, not 1:25.) :cheesygrinsmiley:

"When the foam is at its most vigorous and the edge of the disc is clear, it is time for use. If you are just one day late, the edge will crumble, and the microbes will die so it is useless as JMS (in this case use as JLF-Jadam Liquid Fertilzer). Dilute over 10 times with water and use up entirely. 500 L (132 Gal) of JMS can be applied to 8.2 ac (3.3 ha).

When applying JMS through a hose or on the leaves, filter with a fine net. For foliar application, mix 20 L of JMS with 480 L of water and add 3 L of JWA-Jadam Wetting Agent, then spray. Run clean water through the hose after use to clean it and prevent blockage."

-Master Cho, JADAM Organic Farming
:thanks: Azi! And the dilution is for the same reason: too many microbes will have a negative effect on the leaves?

:thanks: Azi! And the dilution is for the same reason: too many microbes will have a negative effect on the leaves?
That seems unclear. The roots do seem to have an issue with strong concentrations but leaves may not. I've only done the one full strength application to the leaves about a week ago and so far haven't seen any issues and Bode routinely uses full strength on his foliars without apparent problems.

So, the foliar dilution may be more about distributing it over a larger area like a farm as opposed to any negative impact on the leaves themselves from higher concentrations.

But, as always, YMMV so probably best to start with the recommendation for dilution and experiment from there.

:goodluck: with the experiment!

What is it that needs dilution since there's no way to know where in the math the microbe count is when you do it? Is the purpose to just dilute the solution the microbes are in?

I wonder if @Azimuth might know.
Good question. Math isn't the final decider necessarily with "naturally feeding" plants. Well it is but I don't get it. My experience doesn't give me understanding of why it needs to be thinned out for a drench. It doesn't seem to be "hot" like blood meal or other things that need cooking in soil before using it.

Azi has had issues from too much I see. I've done things like adding double real growers recharge every watering and didn't see negative issues. With that said, I just don't understand. Maybe this method makes more microbes? Anyway, I went full strength foliar yesterday and I'll dilute for drench today. Should have done it yesterday. Next week both on the same day.

There's lots we don't understand about using microbes, and my use of them is a bit non-standard as well, whether it's my use of potato flakes rather than the suggested baked potato, or my use of the microbes from worm castings rather than the suggested leaf mold soil, etc. I've made these adjustments based on various experiments I've done, but they are definitely not 'by the book' and that's why I try to make clear when I am deviating from the referenced text.

I say that because my results and experiences may differ from others who are following the prescribed script. So, my results with the microbes I'm cultivating from castings may very well be different from those SO got from doubling up on Real Growers Recharge (I don't know what microbes they cultivate nor how broad the offering is which could very well affect the end results). But, even in this example, SO went to 2x strength, not 10x as would be the case using it without the suggested dilution. Would be interesting to see what effect a 10x concentration of RGR would be (although likely too expensive to find out).

So that's why I offer the book passages and suggest at least starting from that base. Experiment from there if you'd like, but know you have then joined me in the great unknown. :)

SUNDAY MORNING. TIME TO GROW THINGS UPDATE

Microbes that is! I forget if I mentioned it here but I made some Bokashi. I think I did anyway. My Lacto was on the way out(smelled like alcohol) I think but it seems to not have ruined the wheat bran I soaked anaerobically for the last almost 3 weeks in it.

I opened the gallon ziplock, which was completely blown open when I opened the lid on the bucket it was in and it still smelled of alcohol but also an interesting groovy organic yummy smell! Ms O said it stunk and to remove it from the main body of the house :rolleyes: not unusual for her. She has a super sniffer.

So it needs to dry and in the tent it went on window screens. I have my fans going in there and the exhaust too. I'll stir it once a day until it seems dry enough to bag up and use. Thanks @Bill284 ! This was almost free! Let's hope it's the good!

In the outdoor Candida JMS test 24 hours after spraying Jadan Microbial Solution at 100% on and under all the leaves they look good today!

I divided the rest of the solution and put it in 4.5 gallons of water and watered it in.
Happy Sunday everyone!

Otter is bokashi made from wheat bran fermented with lactobacillus? How interesting!
Hi Carmen, mine is. Rice bran is what I wanted but this will work I read. Different things for different parts of the world. I got a 25 pound bag for under 20 dollars. It should last me a lifetime or close to it. I think if I make Bokashi from all of it it'll fill 2, 5 gallon buckets. It's animal feed from the aggie store. But yes, bokashi is lacto fermented bran. If and when this or my first really good batch comes out I'll post the whole recipe. It's all over the net if you want to go see. That's where I got it.

Highya SO,

I haven't heard from you in awhile! Hope you're not having another migraine session! If you are, I hope it's mostly over!! We'll be here when you can return. Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

I haven't heard from you in awhile! Hope you're not having another migraine session! If you are, I hope it's mostly over!! We'll be here when you can return. Happy Smokin'
Hey Bode, thanks! We came home from Linekin Bay yesterday and I was cooked from the drive. No more than that though, I'm on the bright side this week so far! The things I saw! First, osprey galore! I saw one grab a striper and fly off with it maybe 100 yards away, and there were 3 or 4 other fly by's with a fish in their feet. I've been outdoors some in my life and this my first encounter with them! It was awesome!
Then there was space age stuff going on with the rich folks. There was a guy riding a powered surfboard a foot off the water! That was weird and cool, they're called "lift foils". Life sure is interesting! We had two beautiful days!

SUNDAY MORNING. TIME TO GROW THINGS UPDATE

Microbes that is! I forget if I mentioned it here but I made some Bokashi. I think I did anyway. My Lacto was on the way out(smelled like alcohol) I think but it seems to not have ruined the wheat bran I soaked anaerobically for the last almost 3 weeks in it.

I opened the gallon ziplock, which was completely blown open when I opened the lid on the bucket it was in and it still smelled of alcohol but also an interesting groovy organic yummy smell! Ms O said it stunk and to remove it from the main body of the house :rolleyes: not unusual for her. She has a super sniffer.

So it needs to dry and in the tent it went on window screens. I have my fans going in there and the exhaust too. I'll stir it once a day until it seems dry enough to bag up and use. Thanks @Bill284 ! This was almost free! Let's hope it's the good!

In the outdoor Candida JMS test 24 hours after spraying Jadan Microbial Solution at 100% on and under all the leaves they look good today!

I divided the rest of the solution and put it in 4.5 gallons of water and watered it in.
Happy Sunday everyone!
Report on my diy Bokashi. It was a fail. The Lacto I used smelled of alcohol remember? Well that was a sign to toss it. I came home from two days away and even with it closed in the tent with the filter running, dry it had a putrid stench through the cellar. Pew! Out into the compost it went. I have to brew some more LAB and try again.

Hey Bode, thanks! We came home from Linekin Bay yesterday and I was cooked from the drive. No more than that though, I'm on the bright side this week so far! The things I saw! First, osprey galore! I saw one grab a striper and fly off with it maybe 100 yards away, and there were 3 or 4 other fly by's with a fish in their feet. I've been outdoors some in my life and this my first encounter with them! It was awesome!
Then there was space age stuff going on with the rich folks. There was a guy riding a powered surfboard a foot off the water! That was weird and cool, they're called "lift foils". Life sure is interesting! We had two beautiful days!
Where’s Linekin bay? If you’ll excuse me for jumping in here.

Highya SO,

I'm glad you're alright! Glad you had a great time! Did you go fishing for stripers? Sounds like a great time just watching the Ospreys! I can't imagine what they'll come up with next for water sports!! Ocean water is way to cold to swim in, at least up here! Hope your ladies are enjoying this rain! We're getting soaked nicely up here. Happy Smokin'

Where’s Linekin bay? If you’ll excuse me for jumping in here.
Hi Cap. It's in Maine. A beautiful jagged cold water coast.
Highya SO,

I'm glad you're alright! Glad you had a great time! Did you go fishing for stripers? Sounds like a great time just watching the Ospreys! I can't imagine what they'll come up with next for water sports!! Ocean water is way to cold to swim in, at least up here! Hope your ladies are enjoying this rain! We're getting soaked nicely up here. Happy Smokin'
No fishing this time though there were rods I could have picked up any time and wet a lure. I'm an old fisherman from the shore but not this time. Next year we may go back and I might learn to saIl. They had nice sailboats and lessons. I've had a couple of small power boats before and I've wanted to learn sailing. This seems a perfect place to learn. If the stars align.
You got lucky! It rained on the ride home right to the Mass border then stopped. A shower last night but not much.

POLLINATING CRITTERS UPDATE

Good day folks! Busy day here. I want to say hi before I start. No fresh Candida pics this morning, though they sit happy. Later I hope to get out and get some! It was sns217c and geoflora flower feed day today as I watered. I'll start a new tub of Jadam Microbe Solution too.
But I have some bald faced hornets living next to where I sit for a smoke now and then I want to show you! Getting stoned and watching them build and cool the nest is pretty awesome! Busy little things! They coexist with me pretty well. I went out to start the grill one time without my hat and one got me on top of my headbone. I don't know what his problem was but the rest didn't follow so they can stay.
Talk to you later, keep on keeping on!

So you toke under/beside a hornets nest, huh?

I want some of what you're smoking! :)

POLLINATING CRITTERS UPDATE

Good day folks! Busy day here. I want to say hi before I start. No fresh Candida pics this morning, though they sit happy. Later I hope to get out and get some! It was sns217c and geoflora flower feed day today as I watered. I'll start a new tub of Jadam Microbe Solution too.
But I have some bald faced hornets living next to where I sit for a smoke now and then I want to show you! Getting stoned and watching them build and cool the nest is pretty awesome! Busy little things! They coexist with me pretty well. I went out to start the grill one time without my hat and one got me on top of my headbone. I don't know what his problem was but the rest didn't follow so they can stay.
Talk to you later, keep on keeping on!
I love hornets! They patrol my plants most years, and eat any caterpillars they find.
Haven't seen many this year though.

Back
Top Bottom