Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super! My outdoor girls sometimes take longer than expected, weather/environment maybe? I can't grow out in the yard with full sun (grandkids and other pests, lol!)The greenhouses are in opposite sides of the yard and partly shaded by fences, trees and bushes. One faces east and gets more sun than the western facing one and they grow and flower differently.
Stay stoneder
I wear permanent rose colored glasses so, I know It'll be October but I can hope. I don't know what to do with all your sun and heat! We have a little drought this year and it's throwing us for a loop!
Great looking "bushes" Stone! :Rasta:
Thanks!
Stone got some plant outside. .
I doubled up this year Dust!
Happy birthday to Mrs O!

Did you want me to quickly make a cake?!
Is that a trick question? Yes! :cheesygrinsmiley:
No! Your lovely message was enough. :rofl:
Fact!
I forgot to say Happy Birthday to the Mrs! The plants made me do it.
They get us both in trouble!

SUNDAY AFTERNOON MICROBIAL SPRAY DRY AND DRENCHED UPDATE

Hi all! This weekend these ladies got the Full Monte. They got top dressed their regular 3 cups of @GeoFlora Nutrients Flower nutes Saturday, and today a shot of insect frass and Jadam microbe solution sprayed on, under, and over all leaves and drenched as well. I'm liking their color and bugs have held back. I'm not seeing any at the moment. It won't last. :laugh: Here they are relaxing on a mid 80's day. One of our last few left.

I hope you win the lottery this week! Or better!

SUNDAY AFTERNOON MICROBIAL SPRAY DRY AND DRENCHED UPDATE

Hi all! This weekend these ladies got the Full Monte. They got top dressed their regular 3 cups of @GeoFlora Nutrients Flower nutes Saturday, and today a shot of insect frass and Jadam microbe solution sprayed on, under, and over all leaves and drenched as well. I'm liking their color and bugs have held back. I'm not seeing any at the moment. It won't last. :laugh: Here they are relaxing on a mid 80's day. One of our last few left.

I hope you win the lottery this week! Or better!
Looking good, know what ya mean about the last few 80s days. Same thing go’s for me. Next year starting early all photos maybe auto’s later in the year.IDK?

Highya SO,

Ladies are looking great! The first one is getting big and bushy! Very nice shape! They looked dark, but the close-ups showed a nice color green. The CBD ladies I grew were very full of flowers. They looked awesome. Much like yours will look, i would think. Very pretty ladies to grow. Happy Smokin'

Otter is bokashi made from wheat bran fermented with lactobacillus? How interesting!
The wheat bran is simply a carrier for the dried out LAB and allows better dosing when you go to use it. Lots of things will work. I used sawdust when I experimented with it.

The wheat bran is simply a carrier for the dried out LAB and allows better dosing when you go to use it. Lots of things will work. I used sawdust when I experimented with it.
This is interesting. What breaks down the compost in a bokashi bin, is it the LABs? I am following the JMS experiments with great interest too.

It's great to see a grow in action that is using the JMS tech. Otter your Candidas are looking the picture of health and happiness. I hope the JMS lives up to its reputation and delivers the protections they deserve :)

What breaks down the compost in a bokashi bin, is it the LABs?
Yes, the microbes in the LAB. Although, the material in a bokashi bin doesn't really breakdown, per se. Whatever you put in comes out the other side looking pretty much the same as when it went in. Then you bury it in your garden or compost or worm bin for the final breakdown. The worms go crazy for it.

But because of this extra step I went back to just running my stuff directly through my worm bin.

Looking good, know what ya mean about the last few 80s days. Same thing go’s for me. Next year starting early all photos maybe auto’s later in the year.IDK?
IKR! Already we're both thinking of the future. Maybe one of the super auto's will be perfected by next year? I don't know, I'm full of thoughts right to the day of seed selecting. 🥸 Fickle.
Highya SO,

Ladies are looking great! The first one is getting big and bushy! Very nice shape! They looked dark, but the close-ups showed a nice color green. The CBD ladies I grew were very full of flowers. They looked awesome. Much like yours will look, i would think. Very pretty ladies to grow. Happy Smokin'
Yeah one's a wide ride for sure, both sativa style budding so far I think. Reminds me of the Pineapple chunk in miniature. They're quite green this year, all from natural feeding though so they're selecting what they want from their microbe pals.
Late to the show, but glad I found it.

Lovely looking ladies, very healthy.

:Namaste:
Welcome aboard Dan, real nice to see you!
Oh cool! I was wondering! These wheat husks are pretty hard. I wonder what properties they'll bring to my soil. I bet it loosens it up for a while for aeration before it breaks down into a different goodness.
So your experiments, did you find a media that pleased you the most?
This is interesting. What breaks down the compost in a bokashi bin, is it the LABs? I am following the JMS experiments with great interest too.

It's great to see a grow in action that is using the JMS tech. Otter your Candidas are looking the picture of health and happiness. I hope the JMS lives up to its reputation and delivers the protections they deserve :)
It's the Lactic Acid Bacteria doing the work.They eat lots of stuff! I had a bin of soil that went anabolically bad (smelled like shit) because I wet it too much for the ventilation in the bin. I gave it a good dose of LAB and over a few days it came to smell like good soil again and I'm still using it! I love having it around!

Lol. I only used the sawdust in two 5 gal buckets, one nested in the other. Inside bucket had drainage holes on the bottom to let the juices out into the second outer bucket, which was unmodified. Put kitchen scraps in the inner bucket, cover with the LAB covered sawdust and move on. Once a week or so I'd remove the liquid and run that through the worm bin or give it to my plants. It has a particular smell you'll quickly associate with a healthy system. But, you don't want to introduce oxygen into the system if you can help it. This is an anaerobic process.

Once the bucket was full, I set it aside for a month I think to fully do its thing and started another pair of buckets. Then after the second month I'd add it to my worm bin.

But that's as far as I went. In fact I still have some of the sawdust left. But since I didnt want chunks of vegetables showing up in my grow pots I still had to run it through the worm bin, and, even though the worms loved it, I found that extra step and time involved unnecessary.

I had a bin of soil that went anabolically bad (smelled like shit) because I wet it too much for the ventilation in the bin. I gave it a good dose of LAB and over a few days it came to smell like good soil again and I'm still using it! I love having it around!
LAB is a  great odor killer. I gave some in a spray bottle to a buddy with a commercial fishing boat and he said it was effective in that environment. Master Cho used something similar in what he calls his no smell pig farm. And if you've ever been near a pig farm you'll appreciate that statement. Of course there was much more to getting the pig farm smells under control, but that spray is a key part of it. His wasn't strictly LABs, but same idea.

Oh cool! I was wondering! These wheat husks are pretty hard. I wonder what properties they'll bring to my soil. I bet it loosens it up for a while for aeration before it breaks down into a different goodness.

It's the Lactic Acid Bacteria doing the work.They eat lots of stuff! I had a bin of soil that went anabolically bad (smelled like shit) because I wet it too much for the ventilation in the bin. I gave it a good dose of LAB and over a few days it came to smell like good soil again and I'm still using it! I love having it around!
That's interesting to hear about the soil smell being munched up by the LABs! You are using LOS aren't you?
I used LABs to make various teas in my 2020/21 grow. This grow I am using a microbial formulation that contains 25 strains of "free living microbes", which acts as a biostimulant. It doesn't specifically list lactobacillus. Would it be overkill to add LABs if I am already using a biostimulant do you think?
Also, please remind me what the Aloe juice does for the plants, as I remember it sounding like an excellent ingredient to add to the feed. My buds have been airy a.f. I know it's a combo of factors that are not dialed in and due to circumstance cant be, but at least I can try to give the plants a good boost and feed. The other one I wanted was monosilicic acid but not sure if that would mess with the plant using the silica available in the LOS for nutrition, or if I can even get that here in South Africa. What are your thoughts Otter?

That's interesting to hear about the soil smell being munched up by the LABs! You are using LOS aren't you?
I used LABs to make various teas in my 2020/21 grow. This grow I am using a microbial formulation that contains 25 strains of "free living microbes", which acts as a biostimulant. It doesn't specifically list lactobacillus. Would it be overkill to add LABs if I am already using a biostimulant do you think?
Also, please remind me what the Aloe juice does for the plants, as I remember it sounding like an excellent ingredient to add to the feed. My buds have been airy a.f. I know it's a combo of factors that are not dialed in and due to circumstance cant be, but at least I can try to give the plants a good boost and feed. The other one I wanted was monosilicic acid but not sure if that would mess with the plant using the silica available in the LOS for nutrition, or if I can even get that here in South Africa. What are your thoughts Otter?
Yes I'm in LOS. I'm not sure if adding LAB would bring things up to high. I'd try it. I haven't had that happen even after trying to overload with microbes. I hear there is a point though.
Airy buds can be from many things including the cultivar and it's not considered a problem in my mind. Good light, nutrition and soil tilth and watering. Monosilicic acid is something I have no experience with.

LAB is a very specific microbe that is selected out of all the other microbes floating around us. To make it you essentially trap a wide range of microbes from the air and then kill off everything but the lacto's by submerging them all in milk.

So, you probably already have LAB's in your mix even if they aren't included in your bottled ones. Probably won't hurt anything to include them, but also probably not necessary to add more to what you already have.

LAB is a very specific microbe that is selected out of all the other microbes floating around us. To make it you essentially trap a wide range of microbes from the air and then kill off everything but the lacto's by submerging them all in milk.

So, you probably already have LAB's in your mix even if they aren't included in your bottled ones. Probably won't hurt anything to include them, but also probably not necessary to add more to what you already have.
Ok I get it. Variety is the spice of life they say.
I wonder how JMS looks next to something like Real growers recharge as far as number of microbes and diversity? I've gotten lazy and I haven't grown my own microbes for my indoor grows for a while. Been relying on real growers and LAB for that for the most part. Some specialized ones from build a soil too for flowering.

Highya SO, Azimuth, guys,

I used Lactobacillus serum two years ago, and didn't seem to make a difference in plant growth. Last year I used JMS and it made a very big difference! All plants responded with much more growth, and longer into the season before dying (peppers mostly). I also tried Actively Aerated Compost Tea for nutrients (once/week) which didn't make a noticable difference. I still had to supplement with organic ferts. The microbes ready nutrients for root uptake much faster than not using added microbes. So, I've decided I can't supply enough nutrients while using JMS, so I've settled on adding organic nutrients (along with adding veg stuff (comfrey, stinging nettles, horsetail, lime, etc) as a mulch layer to compost down over the growing season). Happy Smokin'

Highya SO, Azimuth, guys,

I used Lactobacillus serum two years ago, and didn't seem to make a difference in plant growth. Last year I used JMS and it made a very big difference! All plants responded with much more growth, and longer into the season before dying (peppers mostly). I also tried Actively Aerated Compost Tea for nutrients (once/week) which didn't make a noticable difference. I still had to supplement with organic ferts. The microbes ready nutrients for root uptake much faster than not using added microbes. So, I've decided I can't supply enough nutrients while using JMS, so I've settled on adding organic nutrients (along with adding veg stuff (comfrey, stinging nettles, horsetail, lime, etc) as a mulch layer to compost down over the growing season). Happy Smokin'
That clears it up. I thought these plants were looking very very nice! This JMS is having a good start for me! I hope it has the "layer of protection " we're hoping for in the PM and Rot areas. You already say it's good for you, so I'm confident it's good for me! Better than not using it right? I'm finding it easy to get done so far too. That's important at times.

RECYCLING SOIL RECIPE

The Rev

TLO LOS

FOR 6 TO 7 CU FT RECYCLED MATTER​

6 to 7 cu ft used soil

2 to 4 gallons coconut coir rinsed.

4 cups powdered dolomite lime

2 cups prilled, fast acting pelletized fast acting dolomite lime; use additional 2/3 cup powdered dolomite if no prilled

2 cups bloodmeal

1 cup bat/bird guano 9-3-1 npk type

2 cups azomite granular. (2/3 cup if powdered)

6 cups feather meal

6 cups bone meal

3 cups greensand

2/3 cup powdered soft rock phosphate or 2 cups granular phosphate

4 cups natural rice

1 cup humic acid ore

1 1/2 cups gypsum powdered, 4 cups if granular is used

6 heaping cups kelp meal

4 cups alfalfa meal

6 cups crushed oyster shell OR 2 cups ground oyster shell(oyster shell flour)

8 to 16 cups manure composted

Well it looks like double spacing is not the way to go when making a list here, sorry. Anyway this is what my soil is going to be seeing asap so it can sit for a while to cook. I'm hoping this week? Time will tell.

I haven't grown my own microbes for my indoor grows for a while.
What were you doing to grow them?

I also tried Actively Aerated Compost Tea for nutrients (once/week) which didn't make a noticable difference. I still had to supplement with organic ferts. The microbes ready nutrients for root uptake much faster than not using added microbes.
That's interesting that you saw no noticeable difference when using the aerobic version of teas. I do think the main thrust of them is to increase the microbes supply so maybe with those too adding organic ferts would be advisable.

Back
Top Bottom