Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking great bro! Always stellar results my friend.
Plan on flowering out couple males on my Bodhi's reg seeds. Any recommendations on looking out for a stud male? Plan on flowering out the dudes in the 2x2.
Ive done one pollination before but wanted your thoughts before i go down the rabbit hole.

Yes, the microbes in the LAB. Although, the material in a bokashi bin doesn't really breakdown, per se. Whatever you put in comes out the other side looking pretty much the same as when it went in. Then you bury it in your garden or compost or worm bin for the final breakdown. The worms go crazy for it.

But because of this extra step I went back to just running my stuff directly through my worm bin.
How do you keep worms through the winter? I was thinking about starting a worm bin but thought they’d die in the winter.

I keep a stacked, three bin system (well, really four with the liquid collection bin) in my basement for year round production. They are each 7 gallon opaque storage bins maybe 10-12" deep and tall and 16-18" wide so really don't take any appreciable room.

For an outdoor system and depending on your climate, how big and well insulated your bin is will be a factor. But, even if the live worms all freeze to death, the cocoons will start repopulating the bin once the weather warms a bit in the spring.

What were you doing to grow them?
There's a few recipes in The Rev's TLO book. His second edition book kiind of insinuates the soil will be good with ro water. I've tried it and he's right. I can get a good grow without any teas in his soil.
In a bucket with an air stone for 24 hours.
Those Candidas are beauties! And I'm not sure about that 63 days to harvest thing unless you're inside (or schlepping inside for 12 hours of dark every night). 63 days from June 21st is tomorrow actually!

:happy-birthday: to Mrs Otter from me. I hope I'm back on her good side. ;)
No kidding! My head has a calculator/converter built in. 63 days = first week of October here if I'm lucky? The actual time isn't really a thing. Good to note that for realists or anyone not living in my head. There's still a few slots if anyone's interested?
I'm back on her good side and so you are too brother!
Looking great bro! Always stellar results my friend.
Plan on flowering out couple males on my Bodhi's reg seeds. Any recommendations on looking out for a stud male? Plan on flowering out the dudes in the 2x2.
Ive done one pollination before but wanted your thoughts before i go down the rabbit hole.
In my short time in doing this I've heard to pick the strong, the stinky, and the well structured Gaines. A cultivar from Bodhi should be almost immune to failure and picking the ones with qualities for the future is natural. The rub will be which one of these beauties is better than the next!

I keep a stacked, three bin system (well, really four with the liquid collection bin) in my basement for year round production. They are each 7 gallon opaque storage bins maybe 10-12" deep and tall and 16-18" wide so really don't take any appreciable room.

For an outdoor system and depending on your climate, how big and well insulated your bin is will be a factor. But, even if the live worms all freeze to death, the cocoons will start repopulating the bin once the weather warms a bit in the spring.
Thanks,I’m in the Midwest,U.S. I was thinking my garage but the basement is doable. It doesn’t create any smells/odor’s doe’s it?

Thanks,I’m in the Midwest,U.S. I was thinking my garage but the basement is doable. It doesn’t create any smells/odor’s doe’s it?
No smells. If it does you're doing something wrong like too wet or too much food added all at once.

Mine is a very lazy efficient process. We collect kitchen scraps in a one gallon composting container on the kitchen counter and once a week I spread them on the top of the top most bin and then cover that with dried leaves collected in the fall.

Every two months or so I harvest by taking the lowest bin out of the stack, dumping it out and picking through it for worms. That's not a required step but then I will add some of them to my grow pots to keep the unicorn poop flowing.

That empty bin then goes on top of the stack and the cycle continues. Each of the bins has drainage holes all along the bottom which allows for the migration of worms through the stack and air holes along the top rim.

I use the castings for top dressing plants, making my JMS and JLF's, adding it as a component in my grow mix, adding to my fertigation water, making biochar, and probably a few other things that don't come immediately to mind. I also collect the leachate in a container which can be used, diluted, when fertigating. The leachate is not as good as worm casting teas because not all of the liquid has gone through the worm's gut which turns it into a magical product, but it does have its uses.

This is GREAT stuff!!

Do you put eggshells in your worm bin?

I do not. They take too long to break down. I did years ago and still find them in my "finished" castings. Lol.

What I do now instead is make Water Soluble Calcium with them. This is a KNF product that is immediately avalable to the plants and can be applied as a foliar for those times when it's too soon to water in.

No smells. If it does you're doing something wrong like too wet or too much food added all at once.

Mine is a very lazy efficient process. We collect kitchen scraps in a one gallon composting container on the kitchen counter and once a week I spread them on the top of the top most bin and then cover that with dried leaves collected in the fall.

Every two months or so I harvest by taking the lowest bin out of the stack, dumping it out and picking through it for worms. That's not a required step but then I will add some of them to my grow pots to keep the unicorn poop flowing.

That empty bin then goes on top of the stack and the cycle continues. Each of the bins has drainage holes all along the bottom which allows for the migration of worms through the stack and air holes along the top rim.

I use the castings for top dressing plants, making my JMS and JLF's, adding it as a component in my grow mix, adding to my fertigation water, making biochar, and probably a few other things that don't come immediately to mind. I also collect the leachate in a container which can be used, diluted, when fertigating. The leachate is not as good as worm casting teas because not all of the liquid has gone through the worm's gut which turns it into a magical product, but it does have its uses.

This is GREAT stuff!!
I like it because it’s organic and I know how well it works. I’m interested in the Korean natural farming also. I made a fertilizer from dandelion’s I picked at sunrise brown sugar, yeast and water. Thanks for your knowledge.

I wear permanent rose colored glasses so, I know It'll be October but I can hope. I don't know what to do with all your sun and heat! We have a little drought this year and it's throwing us for a loop!

Thanks!

I doubled up this year Dust!

Is that a trick question? Yes! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Fact!

They get us both in trouble!
I am making seeds from great plant to whatever it can reach thru the air. Need least 20 30 seeds.

I like it because it’s organic and I know how well it works. I’m interested in the Korean natural farming also. I made a fertilizer from dandelion’s I picked at sunrise brown sugar, yeast and water. Thanks for your knowledge.
:thumb:

Next time use microbes in place of the yeast and leave out the water for KNF. You'll get a broader processing of the material, but good stuff nonetheless.

Or for Jadam just switch out the yeast for microbes and skip the brown sugar.

Hey Azi, I ordered some malted barley flower to see if I can shave a few days or a week from my flowering time on these candidas. Have you used it?
I do. Just added more today in fact. Clackamas Coot says that malted barley is pretty incredible stuff.

Makes stronger stems, faster growth, can help plants finish 15-20% faster, and comes with the enzyme chitinase which we usually associate with crustacean meal and breaks down chitin found in insect shells. So a good IPM addition as well.

But if it can help you shave some time at harvest it might help you avoid some of mold and bud rot season.

I posted an Interview with Clackamas Coot in my 'Alchemy' thread where he talks about CSPM, worm castings, malted barley and other things.

Quite the pioneer, that guy.

I do. Just added more today in fact. Clackamas Coot says that malted barley is pretty incredible stuff.

Makes stronger stems, faster growth, can help plants finish 15-20% faster, and comes with the enzyme chitinase which we usually associate with crustacean meal and breaks down chitin found in insect shells. So a good IPM addition as well.

But if it can help you shave some time at harvest it might help you avoid some of mold and bud rot season.

I posted an Interview with Clackamas Coot in my 'Alchemy' thread where he talks about CSPM, worm castings, malted barley and other things.

Quite the pioneer, that guy.
That's where I got re-inspired to try it. I've pondered it for a couple of years. Thanks! I'm wondering how much to dress for these two?
Van used malted barley on his plants too!
Thanks Shed! He has his finger on a few pulses. Wish he was able to keep posting!

That's where I got re-inspired to try it. I've pondered it for a couple of years. Thanks! I'm wondering how much to dress for these two?
Seems like you don't need much. Coot talked about half a teaspoon I think at up-pot, but then he mentioned other growers using like 5 pounds a week on really big plants. So, seems like a pretty big window. I use a tablespoon or so per gallon of pot size and add it at least once per month, but I may increase that rate as there doesn't seem to be a lot of downside to doing so.

Seems like you don't need much. Coot talked about half a teaspoon I think at up-pot, but then he mentioned other growers using like 5 pounds a week on really big plants. So, seems like a pretty big window. I use a tablespoon or so per gallon of pot size and add it at least once per month, but I may increase that rate as there doesn't seem to be a lot of downside to doing so.
My holes out there are between 3 and 4 cu ft. I'm thinking of somewhere between 1/2 and 1 cup and see how it tills in and what happens.

Back
Top Bottom