Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me neither Otter, as I don't have the space anymore to cultivate much that isn't ornamental or herbs. I am growing 3 types of mint, oregano, thyme, rosemary and chives. I will plant some spinach in my spent pots too :)
Your Candidas are filling out beautifully and I am looking forward to seeing how well the Jadam microbes help you with mold resistance and and health.
I found some mint on the rail walk yesterday. Someone planted it along the way. It's so dry that I think it got extra minty as I gave a leaf a rub between my fingers and WOW what loud mint smell!
A gardener after my own heart. Glad to see we arent alone!

Do you grow any specific types, or keep genetics? Where do you source your seeds mate?

Im waiting for the day the greenhouse goes up to push my seasons ends out, and keep the (wider) family in home grown tomatoes for months.

No matter where you buy them the ones from the garden are always better, picked just at the right time.

I liked you before, but I like you better after hearing this Stone.

Dogging the Candida pics too, old school outdoors plants give me smiles.
Haha thanks DV! My daughter starts them and gives me a couple varieties every year. Last couple years my favorites have been chocolate but they got blight last year for both of us so she went with other more resistant ones this year, I don't remember the name. If it's still on the tags I'll let you know. Do you have favorite ones or family heirlooms?

CANDIDA IN THE WILD UPDATE

Good day all! These two are living the wild life! I'm seeing tons of pinprick suck marks on their leaves. I may have seen some under leaf egg or bug action Thought it was mites so I've been spraying with @Sierra Natural Science 217c. Maybe I found one web and no more so I'll give them a few more hits every 3 days and hope for the best. That sprayer with the 2 foot tube on the plastic bag of liquid is the coolest thing! I can really get in and under with it! Seems that way anyhow! Here they are.

And their pistol building.

Have a great day!
Beautiful lady Stone. :ciao: Hope your having a nice day.
Just curious how your bug situation is going this year.
I got mites in the spring and am constantly spraying in the greenhouse for bugs.
Keep up the good work Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Beautiful lady Stone. :ciao: Hope your having a nice day.
Just curious how your bug situation is going this year.
I got mites in the spring and am constantly spraying in the greenhouse for bugs.
Keep up the good work Amigo.

Stay safe
Hey Bill, a few Japanese beetles and leaf hoppers earlier I saw and hand flicked or killed. The leaf hoppers may have made a lot of the tiny suck holes in their leaves, now it's just the possible mites I'm treating for. That's about it I think. Today's 217c and frass day.

@Bill284 what are you doing for mites?
I bought miteicide a couple years ago and never used it.
So when I got hit I managed to find it.
After the fire and the move it was a miracle I found it.
I used just a tiny amount and it worked great.
But but but I can't use it again.
It stays is the cells of the plant and is dangerous to humans.
So in veg it's perfect.
I'm try to get some sns.
But I'm having boarder issues at the moment.
Hopefully I get it sorted.
In the mean time just regular insecticide spray with safers soap a couple times a week seems to work.
But if I get hit in there I want the sns.
Here is the miteicide.

20220811_095322.jpg

Stay safe

I bought miteicide a couple years ago and never used it.
So when I got hit I managed to find it.
After the fire and the move it was a miracle I found it.
I used just a tiny amount and it worked great.
But but but I can't use it again.
It stays is the cells of the plant and is dangerous to humans.
So in veg it's perfect.
I'm try to get some sns.
But I'm having boarder issues at the moment.
Hopefully I get it sorted.
In the mean time just regular insecticide spray with safers soap a couple times a week seems to work.
But if I get hit in there I want the sns.
Here is the miteicide.

20220811_095322.jpg

Stay safe
That'll do it! Good to keep it for veg only like you mention. Border issues huh? Too bad about that! Good luck!

That'll do it! Good to keep it for veg only like you mention. Border issues huh? Too bad about that! Good luck!
I’ve got someone helping me with the boarder issue.
I just need to get a hold of Mike at SNS.
It’s like trying to call Santa clause.

Stay safe
Bill284

JMS MADE UPDATE
TESTING 1, 2

Good day all! I've been making Jadam Microbe Solution for the purpose of seeing if spraying it on the Candida's will keep a layer of microbes on all leaf surfaces to help thwart off powdery mildew and bud rot, and who knows what else. I'll also thin it out and use it to drench them too. Azimuth has posted some great information and I got the recipe from him:
Mini-Me JMS

(Jadam Microorganism Solution)

The recipes used in Jadam were all written using amounts suitable for small farms. Since we gardeners operate at a much smaller scale, we have to adapt them for our purposes.

The original JMS recipe starts with 500 Liters or 132 gallons of water. It then adds 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) of leaf mold soil, 1 kg (2.2 lb) boiled potato, and 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) of sea salt. The mix then gets diluted 1:10 with more water before use.

Here it is scaled down for 1L or 1Qt, which is then diluted into 10L or 2.5 gallons to give to your plants

1 Liter / 1 Qt Non-chlorinated water (I use rain water)
1 Gram / 1/8 tsp Leaf Mold Soil or Red Worm Castings
1 Gram / 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
2 Gram / 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Dried Potato Flakes

Mix it all together, cover and let it sit near the plants you'll use it on so you will be culturing the microbes that will thrive in that environment. Depending on temperatures it will be done in anywhere from 2 days to a week or so.

I sometimes heat the potato flakes and a small amount of the water in the microwave, maybe 1min on high. It seems to help the flakes dissolve, although it works fine without doing that. I also often make half the amount depending on how much I plan to use.

The reason you need so little of the microbe ingredient is because of their ability to multiply. According to Master Cho, the microbes will double every 30 minutes or so. So even if you have the world's worst leaf mold soil or the world's worst worms which make the world's worst castings, the Eighth Wonder of the World, compounding, will come to your rescue.

Here's the math for every 1 microbe:
1 million after 10 hours
1 billion after 15 hours

It is recommended to dilute it 1:10 for use as a soil drench. For a foliar application, filter and dilute 1:25 and add a small amount of a wetting agent like aloe or an organic soap.

Today was the day it got some bubbles, about 2.5 days from making it. Here's what the process looked like.

Simple enough! Now they have a coating of microbes establishing themselves all over the plant. That's the theory anyway. Success stories from Bode and Azimuth over at Bud Rot and Mold vs Microbes got me interested.
This is a test.
My powdery mildew and bud rot season are coming and this hopefully will make a difference.
Thanks to Bode and Azi !

I fell a little behind Stone, but catching up made for a great Saturday morning read!

Congrats on that last harvest. That was really interesting when you said hanging her up affected the condition of the plant that was already hanging.

The Candidas look really solid, especially sitting in their personal patches of green grass.:) Hope your spray does what you want it to do!

Looking forward! :Rasta:

:goodluck: with the experiment!

Here's the math for every 1 microbe:
1 million after 10 hours
1 billion after 15 hours

It is recommended to dilute it 1:10 for use as a soil drench. For a foliar application, filter and dilute 1:25
What is it that needs dilution since there's no way to know where in the math the microbe count is when you do it? Is the purpose to just dilute the solution the microbes are in?

I wonder if @Azimuth might know.

I make a 4 gal batch every week. Sometimes I use the microbe solution full strength. Like when it's raining and needs to go on now, or when I spray on leaves and buds. Diluting isn't necessary. I do because it also adds water to plants. I usually water first, then use the solution straight to chase the water down to the roots. Master Cho diluted it because he was using the solution to water crops, and apply the microbe solution at the same time. He calculated the amounts so when it got to the crops it wouldn't be diluted too much. Happy Smokin'

I make a 4 gal batch every week. Sometimes I use the microbe solution full strength. Like when it's raining and needs to go on now, or when I spray on leaves and buds. Diluting isn't necessary. I do because it also adds water to plants. I usually water first, then use the solution straight to chase the water down to the roots. Master Cho diluted it because he was using the solution to water crops, and apply the microbe solution at the same time. He calculated the amounts so when it got to the crops it wouldn't be diluted too much. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! So the dilution is just to water the plant rather than dilute the strength of the solution, and doesn't need to be done for foliar?

Yes, it.s just microbes. They're everywhere anyways. No need to dilute if you have a reason not to. Happy Smokin'

:goodluck: with the experiment!

What is it that needs dilution since there's no way to know where in the math the microbe count is when you do it? Is the purpose to just dilute the solution the microbes are in?

I wonder if @Azimuth might know.
Master Cho, the originator of the Jadam farming practices, says that too many microbes all at once can be a bit much for the roots and I've experienced it myself in what looked a bit like nute burn. Maybe too many microbes process the organic matter too quickly and deliver it in overload levels to the plant?

I don't really know. @Bode says he uses it without dilution as a foliar and I recently tried it without issue so maybe it's just a concern with a root drench.

Edit:. I just saw Bode's reply and seems he doesn't always dilute. Since I've had issues to with a non-diluted soil drench, I'd say start with the recommended 1:10 dilution and increase strength on subsequent applications if you don't have any issues.

(I'll quote the passage from the book when I get back home.)

(I'll quote the passage from the book when I get back home.)
"At the peak-bubble period, the number of microorganisms reaches 1 billion per 1 ml.... If you apply JMS undiluted during plant growth, it can radically increase the microorganism population of soil and damage the roots. Dilute with over 10 times of water for use. Apply JMS before transplanting of seedlings and before flowering of fruit trees.

During the entire growth period, apply JMS to the soil every time you water; supplement with a foliar application. Your soil will change completely. JADAM soil foundation will solve the problems of nematodes, wilt, and virus diseases which are all notoriously hard to cure. Making soil microorganisms active will suppress particular pathogens from taking over. Active soil microorganisms also raise the soil temperature; you will have less freeze/thaw damage and have an early harvest. Increased diversity in microbes means increased diversity in nutrients for plants. Moreover, you have sea water/sea salt with its 83 identified minerals. Contaminants in the soil are broken down by the microbes; roots settle well, and plants become healthy. High yield and high quality is achieved. I stress once again that JMS can solve almost all problems in agriculture."

"It is important to use the JMS at peak-bubble period because less foam indicates a much smaller number of microbes. To defeat soil pathogens, you need numbers to fight them. Always use JMS at its peak-bubble period."

-Master Cho, JADAM Organic Farming

"At the peak-bubble period, the number of microorganisms reaches 1 billion per 1 ml.... If you apply JMS undiluted during plant growth, it can radically increase the microorganism population of soil and damage the roots. Dilute with over 10 times of water for use. Apply JMS before transplanting of seedlings and before flowering of fruit trees.

During the entire growth period, apply JMS to the soil every time you water; supplement with a foliar application. Your soil will change completely. JADAM soil foundation will solve the problems of nematodes, wilt, and virus diseases which are all notoriously hard to cure. Making soil microorganisms active will suppress particular pathogens from taking over. Active soil microorganisms also raise the soil temperature; you will have less freeze/thaw damage and have an early harvest. Increased diversity in microbes means increased diversity in nutrients for plants. Moreover, you have sea water/sea salt with its 83 identified minerals. Contaminants in the soil are broken down by the microbes; roots settle well, and plants become healthy. High yield and high quality is achieved. I stress once again that JMS can solve almost all problems in agriculture."

"it is important to use the JMS at peak-bubble period because less foam indicates a much smaller number of microbes. To defeat soil pathogens, you need numbers to fight them. Always use JMS at its peak-bubble period."

Thanks Azi! No specific mention of the 1:25 dilution for foliar spraying though:
For a foliar application, filter and dilute 1:25 and add a small amount of a wetting agent like aloe or an organic soap.
And Bode doesn't dilute at all, which is quite difficult from 1:25!

Azi! No specific mention of the 1:25 dilution for foliar spraying though:
Here you go, Shed... (in full disclosure, I rounded up the dilution rate. Precisely calculated it's actually 1:24, not 1:25.) :cheesygrinsmiley:

"When the foam is at its most vigorous and the edge of the disc is clear, it is time for use. If you are just one day late, the edge will crumble, and the microbes will die so it is useless as JMS (in this case use as JLF-Jadam Liquid Fertilizer). Dilute over 10 times with water and use up entirely. 500 L (132 Gal) of JMS can be applied to 8.2 ac (3.3 ha).

When applying JMS through a hose or on the leaves, filter with a fine net. For foliar application, mix 20 L of JMS with 480 L of water and add 3 L of JWA-Jadam Wetting Agent, then spray. Run clean water through the hose after use to clean it and prevent blockage."

Back
Top Bottom