Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

Congrats on the females. How long do you think it will be before you get the harvest in?
    Do you have a specific date in mind or are you just going to keep the grow going?

Post Thanks / Like

to Traficant, nesbarb, and ms fox. I really appreciate the rep. I really appreciate your support and comments. For DGMGH, I didn't really have a specific date in mind, but I fiqure 16 weeks, seed to harvest. So sometime around sept 15th, I plan to take a cutting from one of the females just prior to harvest, after I have had a chance to take a small bud from each, do a quick dry and smoke test. then see if I can clone it.

I will post some pictures tomorrow of the girls and the small buds that are starting to show up.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfie,

16 weeks sounds about perfect from seed to harvest. With the C02 you may even find it to be a quicker harvest? Either way, there is going to be the satisfaction from growing your own. Nothing beats that!!!

Post Thanks / Like

DG,

thanks for all your help and input. keep watch as I will post a few more pictures later today.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on the cabinet. Your ladies are looking good. +reps

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here are a few pictures of the bud growth on the two remaining females after 14 days into the 12/12 cycle.

the males that I put outside really stretched in the past 14 days, I would say they are about 3-3.5 feet tall. One had some really well developed pollen sacs, that I am going to harvest and see if I can freeze the pollen for some cross breeding. I smoked some of the leaves that I dried and the top most pollen bud and it definitely appears to be a sativa strain.

I just received some seeds from a friend that I am going to start within the next 2 weeks, It will give me a chance to put everything I've learned on this first grow to good use. Starting with a slightly different soil mixture and better control of the pH.

Hopefully, the bud development on the current females will continue and get bigger since I have started using a Home made CO2 bottle (just visible at the bottom of the last picture) and have begun using MG Bloom booster (15-30-15) at 1/4 strenght. althought I realized that I probably need to put my exhaust fan on a timer, so I am not exhausting the CO2 as soon as it leaves the bottle. I will set the fan up to come on once an hour for 10 minutes, Hopefully that will allow the CO2 accumalate around the plant and be absorbed.

Post Thanks / Like

Well day 18 into 12/12 cycle and I think I may need to add more perlite to my soil mix next time. I am watering them with Bloom Booster about every 3rd day with 40% mixture now. I am a little concerned because the soil doesn't seem to be really absorbing the solution that well. I will monitor it and see it get worst as time goes on. The 2 females that I moved to the grow cabinet for the flowering stage have not really stretched at all. the flowers are forming really well, but I thought they would stretch more.

On a side note, one of the plants I thought was a male actually turned out to be a female and I place her back in the grow box. Below are some pictures.

I am really getting excited, I love watching this ladies grow. It is hard to believe that I will be possibly start harvesting in about another month. I can't wait.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking the goods!! 5 weeks to go?

Post Thanks / Like

No set date for the harvest, I will be watching them and using a jewel's loupe to gauge the color of the Trichomes. I really want to pick them at the peak, if I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Brillaint. Love this stage... looking great Wolfbuddie!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What stage do you think you will pick? What I mean is when the trich's are about half brown or are you going for full maturity? I've read that if picked fully harvested, plants can get a bit more body stone that head stone? Can't be sure, just something I read..

Post Thanks / Like

Your on the right lines DGMGH

More cloudy white the more buzzy head high, the more amber brown the more of a couch lock full body high. Depending on what you want obviously, but a good ratio of 70-30 brown to white provides a perfect all round smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

Just stopping by... looking good! +rep

Post Thanks / Like

Fuuji, DG, I will be looking for anything around 50/50 or 60/40 milky/brown. Hopefully that will give me the best buzz and still be able to move somewhat. ;-) (I am already a couch potato as it is)

Obx, Thanks for the rep and stopping by. I really enjoyed your post on Soil, I am moving away from the MG potting soil and using a mixture similar to what you presented in the post. I have started a compost bin too, to try and make my own compost for use in the grow after next.

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at the plants closely today and I see alot of Trichomes showing up on the bud leaves. Here are a few pics.

and

I noticed that on flowers at the bottom of the plant are showing about 30% red/brown pistils, while the main colas are still all white. so I guess my question is if the bottom flowers ripen first, should I harvest them before the main colas? I thought I had take a picture of them, but I guess I didn't, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get a pic showing the change.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast