Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

I really like your grow box , but m8 you need more light !!!

I do have about 8 more 32 watt CFLs that I clamp to the 4ft flourescent reflectors on the sides, but I wanted to take the picture without them so you could see the plants better.

I will show all the lights in the next post. They are sleeping now, and don't want to wake them from their 12 hour nap. ;)
:roorrip::peace:

Wolfie,

That grow box you have built for flowering is really well made. It looks like a lot of thought went into the construction of it. I particularly like the way the exhaust is set in and the fluros down the side are truly an inspiration to me to try this.

I think a career as WolfieCabinets.com is awaiting you!!!!

+reps

I started the plants on the 12/12 cycle last sunday and I have been checking them everyday to see what sex they are. I thought I saw some pistils on 2 of the plants about midweek and It appears that was correct. It looks like I had 2 males and 2 females. I finally purchased a magnifying glass, since my close up vision is not as good at 52 as it was at 22. I took the pictures below using the magnifying glass and my cellphone camera. Hopefully you can make out the details on at least some of them.

Here are the 2 female plants as I have already removed the males. I removed 2 of the CFL clamp lights for the picture
IMG00107.jpg

Here are the pictures of the pistils on the two females (again shooting thru a magnifying glass, so forget the slight blur)
IMG00106.jpg
IMG001031.jpg
IMG001021.jpg

Here are pictures of what I think are males. Since I don't see fully formed pollen sacs, I am not 100% sure, but I took them out of the grow box to be safe. Again I apologies for the blurry pictures. A photographer I am not.
IMG001041.jpg
IMG001051.jpg

I am going to keep the males outside for a few more days just to see if they are males or not. If they show any pistils, I will put them back into the grow cabinet, but for now I am keeping them out.

Well that's if for now. Again thanks to all that drop by and feel free to leave any comments. I decided that I would not rush things on my first grow, so the past 9 weeks have been a fun learning experience. I am really excited and hope to harvest from my 2 females in about another 5-6 weeks.

:peace: :yummy:

you've got yourself some real cool looking plants there wolf. again thanks for the casters idea, your cabinet is looking great, i haven't got them on yet eventually i will i'm just tryin to get going.
+rep:grinjoint:

Congrats on the females. How long do you think it will be before you get the harvest in?
Do you have a specific date in mind or are you just going to keep the grow going?

to Traficant, nesbarb, and ms fox. I really appreciate the rep. I really appreciate your support and comments. For DGMGH, I didn't really have a specific date in mind, but I fiqure 16 weeks, seed to harvest. So sometime around sept 15th, I plan to take a cutting from one of the females just prior to harvest, after I have had a chance to take a small bud from each, do a quick dry and smoke test. then see if I can clone it.

I will post some pictures tomorrow of the girls and the small buds that are starting to show up.

:peace: :roorrip:

Wolfie,

16 weeks sounds about perfect from seed to harvest. With the C02 you may even find it to be a quicker harvest? Either way, there is going to be the satisfaction from growing your own. Nothing beats that!!!

Ok, here are a few pictures of the bud growth on the two remaining females after 14 days into the 12/12 cycle.

IMG00113.jpg
IMG001111.jpg

IMG001101.jpg

IMG001091.jpg

the males that I put outside really stretched in the past 14 days, I would say they are about 3-3.5 feet tall. One had some really well developed pollen sacs, that I am going to harvest and see if I can freeze the pollen for some cross breeding. I smoked some of the leaves that I dried and the top most pollen bud and it definitely appears to be a sativa strain.

I just received some seeds from a friend that I am going to start within the next 2 weeks, It will give me a chance to put everything I've learned on this first grow to good use. Starting with a slightly different soil mixture and better control of the pH.

Hopefully, the bud development on the current females will continue and get bigger since I have started using a Home made CO2 bottle (just visible at the bottom of the last picture) and have begun using MG Bloom booster (15-30-15) at 1/4 strenght. althought I realized that I probably need to put my exhaust fan on a timer, so I am not exhausting the CO2 as soon as it leaves the bottle. I will set the fan up to come on once an hour for 10 minutes, Hopefully that will allow the CO2 accumalate around the plant and be absorbed.

;) :popcorn:

Well day 18 into 12/12 cycle and I think I may need to add more perlite to my soil mix next time. I am watering them with Bloom Booster about every 3rd day with 40% mixture now. I am a little concerned because the soil doesn't seem to be really absorbing the solution that well. I will monitor it and see it get worst as time goes on. The 2 females that I moved to the grow cabinet for the flowering stage have not really stretched at all. the flowers are forming really well, but I thought they would stretch more.

On a side note, one of the plants I thought was a male actually turned out to be a female and I place her back in the grow box. Below are some pictures.
IMG00114.jpg
IMG00116.jpg

IMG00117.jpg
IMG00122.jpg
IMG001151.jpg

I am really getting excited, I love watching this ladies grow. It is hard to believe that I will be possibly start harvesting in about another month. I can't wait.

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom