Wolfbuddie/unkown strain/started May 16th 2009

Hey Wolfbuddie, just found your journal and read it straight through. Good stuff. Congrats on you first grow and enjoying the fruits of your labors. +reps.

PotPie, Thanks for the read thru and the +reps. It was a much more pleasing experience that I first imagined. Now I understand why people garden :smokin:

Well folks, I guess it is that time. Time to update this journal one final time and then ask the good folks at 420 to move it over to the completed journals section.

first, some final pictures of my harvest that is now in the curing stage and testing better each week. Please forgive the photos, but again I only have a cellphone camera to work with, and I am pretty high right now. :bongrip:

IMG00179.jpg

top of plant number 2

IMG00180.jpg

top of plant number 3

I was going to summarized what I learned on this grow, but I think I am still too new to have confidence that my observations are that accurate. So instead, I will just state what things I am going to change on the next grow.

1) Not use MG potting soil. I am limited on what I can buy locally so the next grow with still use MG products, but the separate items and then mix them in my own ratio. I have already mixed my own soil for the next grow and it is 30% perlite, 30% sphagumn moss, and 30% Acid loving forest compost.

2) More light. I had very few lights during the seedling stage and first few weeks of veg, so this time I will add more light to seedling and veg stage.

3) lower pH. pH always ran high on this first grow. averaging about 7.2 almost to the end. I am now trying to get the ph right from the start and maintain it at around 6.5

4) LST the plants. Since the yield on the 3 plants I did harvest was small and most of the lower buds were under developed. I will try to LST the plants from the begining to expose more nodes to the light.

5) Try to get a 250w HPS for my grow box for the flowering cycle.

I really want to thank all those that stopped by to offer encouragement and support. this was a fun and rewarding experience.

I specifically wanted to thank DGMGH for his support and his friendship through out this process. Thanks DGMGH. :thanks:

Look for my next journal soon, and thank to DGMGH I will be growing some Australian Q1 here on the East coast of the USA and I was thinking of calling it ECQ for East Coast Q.

Wolfie,

From your observations of your first grow, I would say you learnt heaps and have got the grow bug.... BIG TIME! It really is such an easily obsessional hobby. I don't think anyone here would disagree.

ECQ is an awesome name!!!!!

Reps for that and thank you so much for the kind words above.

The next journal will be one to watch for sure.

Back
Top Bottom