Looking for sturdy res containers

steppedinds

i've been buying the larger plastic storage containers from lowes/walmart but they always bulge when more than halfway full and i cant close the lid, and thus algae. any1 got any good ideas? space is like 28"x14"x15" give or take. have to fit two of them in a tight space and be able to get them out for water changes easily. flood tables are 21g not including the expanded clay. im definately going to add some more clay soon to fill it to the top and hope that helps some. was thinking maybe of just getting smaller resevoirs and just adding water more frequently..which i dont like. i prefer a once a week change with 2 refills with phd water in between. anything more is hard for me to manage the ph

also...i have some 1/2' grommets that i could make a drain for if the containers were short enough so i could put on on some crates.

these are some older pics..while transitioning to ebb/flow

IMG_127835.JPG
IMG_115434.JPG
IMG_115732.JPG

my layout now

layout24.png

43" auto blueberry and sweet tooth
DSCF29842.JPG

Have you tried small ice chests? You might could find some small ones about that size.

awesome idea bro. :thanks: was thinking about some food storage containers too, but idk if i can get ahold of any.

Have you tried small ice chests? You might could find some small ones about that size.

So, that's how they're called... I'm searching for a 10 gallon one. They're not easy to find here. Ice chests should be ideal for keeping the res temps constant. And they're more sturdy than plastic storage containers.

The commercial Brute totes are a lot sturdier then walmart totes , although they bulge when full the lid still fits there is no bulge when half full. As it works out I run the 20g version half full for a rdwc reservoir , with no bulging. I like the Brute 20g trash cans as well , small sturdy and great for rdwc or even dwc

Back
Top Bottom