ZINC Deficiency Is taken Over My Plants. In Need Of Help!

PH of my soil is 6.5-6.8. I already know its a zinc def. At first im thinking maybe a zinc def due to lack of nitrogen but now Im thinking its a zinc overload. ive also been using tap water which can cause a zinc def due to to much chlorine. But ive been using water conditioner which kills chlorine and other unwanted things in water. I gave full strength GH FloraNova Grow with additives yesterday also by switching the soil to organic because the soil I was using was water logged. My fan stays on medium which might be to cold due to my house temp also, which could prevent zinc take up. Here or a few pictures of PLANT #2-3. I dont want to flush due to over watering. How do I get the zinc levels under control if its to much?

PLANT #2
IMG_0215_1_.JPG

Leaves I cut from the plant.
IMG_0218_1_.JPG
IMG_0219_1_.JPG

PLANT #3 Showing signs of zinc and manganese. Its not magnesium, zinc shows the same type of signs. Also the wilting/droopy leaves, zinc will also make your plant do this
IMG_0217_1_1.JPG
IMG_0216_1_.JPG

Zinc toxicity interfered with the uptake of Mn and Mg. Addition of zinc increased the translocation of Mn to leaves, while it suppressed the uptake of magnesium.

What fertilizers generate acidity? Or any one know where I can get Organic compounds such as zinc chelates (zinc EDTA and zinc NTA)

Mmm...

I'm not convinced its zinc just yet !

The pale green growing tips is reasonable common & seen this on a fair few plants from others grows & my own girls with out negitive effect... at a push it could be an early sign of a micro nutrient def unsure what one at present tho if it is a def ?

Your PH appears fine & in order, i do not expect any problems related to defs in this area :thumb:

What i do suspect its a plain old nitrogen with a touch of magnesium def as the plant is still in veg which may be related to nutrient application e.g under feeding.

May i ask application rate of nutrients & how often the plant is feed ?

Thanks Fuzz for stopping over.

Low feeding with nutes was my first thought and my action I took. Under feeding Nitrogen will cause a zinc deficiency also. All my plants had the same symptoms and I fixed one of them with feeding it Full strength grow. And then I did the same with these 2 and it just got worse. Ive read that if you try to give more of something trying to fix the problem it could make matters worse. So here we are. I gave PLANT #2-3 4ml of FloraNova Grow yesterday. And before that was 3 days ago which was 4ml also.

My schedule I have them on is feeding once every week FloraNova Grow at 4ml. Which I just started giving them 4ml last week. Previous before that it was 2.5ml but I was shy about over feeding them. So I guess it came back to bite me on the ass.

So pretty much I give nutes once a week and regular water with additives when soil gets dry.

I would be tempted to feed twice a week at present intill def is order & add some off that age old kelp stuff to ya regular feeding 'n' all.

The thing with organics is that ya don't get an instant fix of nutrients to your plant... soil microbes etc need to break it down to make it aviable to the plant hence a delay intill things pick up a little, this may take several days.

Folair feeding works well also this makes stuff a bit more aviable more rapidly.

I would be tempted to feed twice a week at present intill def is order & add some off that age old kelp stuff to ya regular feeding 'n' all.

The thing with organics is that ya don't get an instant fix of nutrients to your plant... soil microbes etc need to break it down to make it aviable to the plant hence a delay intill things pick up a little, this may take several days.

Folair feeding works well also this makes stuff a bit more aviable more rapidly.

Ok, So I just fed them yesterday 4ml FloraNova Grow, 2tbsp Old Age Kelp, 10ml Hydrozyme, 10ml Rhino Skin, 5ml CaMg+, I added 1/4 tsp Bloom.

Should I up the dosage of Grow in one feed maybe 6-8ml, or just feed 4ml twice a week? The additives I give them every feed. Ill start folair feeding with Old Age kelp. Is a such thing as to much misting your plants also? I think ive been doing that to much. I dont want my leaves to get ruined and then they become useless.

Also it will be great to have something thats fast acting because the side branches on the nods are starting to grow in and they will be bunched up with the new growth sites as well. Will the nodes end up stretching out after the problem is fixed? Theres less then a cm between the nods and the new growth.

Thanks Fuzz for all your help.

Looks fine nutrient wise, monitor progress & if required in several days time up grow to 6ml.

Misting should be applyed intill leafs are speckled with moisture & not dripping.

Nodes should stretch in due time, adjust lights by an inch or 2 every few days to allow for growth.

Back
Top Bottom