First timer looking for advice

Ive got 4 uk cheese clones going. Theyve just passed the 9 week mark in flowering and im wondering how long they will take to finish

20160208_195304.jpg
20160208_195304.jpg

Hi Oldgreenboy23,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and community of folks that gather here. :welcome:

Based on how thin the leaves are, albeit with a very limited view here, I'd like to suggest you have a Sativa dominant plant that may not be a UK Cheese. I say that as UK Cheese is supposed to be an Indica dominant and take between 55 and 70 days of flowering and those plants have a while to go I beleive. I'm going to suggest you have another 25 or 30 days to go at a minimum. Possibly more depending on what type of high you are looking to acheive with the plants.

Be well and happy growing!

Hi Oldgreenboy!

Here's a different opinion :) It looks pretty close to me. Those juicy white pistils seem to be coming out of fox tails, a sign that the end is near. The other pistils look totally shrivelled. The leaves are turning colour on the cola and looking pretty beat up. All things else being equal it looks like it's in the harvest window.

Can you get us some photos of the plant as a whole? That would help.

What can you tell us about the growing conditions and methods?

Do you have a loupe or another way to check the trichomes?

Thanks!

Its been grown in biobizz allmix. Using fishmix & bloom nutes. Temps are at 79 but drop a little on a night as its winter. Im also running a carbon filter and extraction fan and have a clip on fan in tent. The tent its self is 1.2x1.2x2.0m. They where vegged for 4 weeks from clone and are now 9 weeks and 2 days in flower

Its been grown in biobizz allmix. Using fishmix & bloom nutes. Temps are at 79 but drop a little on a night as its winter. Im also running a carbon filter and extraction fan and have a clip on fan in tent. The tent its self is 1.2x1.2x2.0m. They where vegged for 4 weeks from clone and are now 9 weeks and 2 days in flower

Oldgreenboy23,

Lovely, juicy looking buds there brother. I suspect your going to really enjoy the results. :goodjob::bravo:

I completely agree with Glimmergrass's observation of foxtailing in the first two photos, and it's my understanding also that usually is a sign the plants are very nearly complete. I also notice in your subsequent photos the discoloration of fan leaves elsewhere on the plant that again usually signals maturity.

I did however grow some bag seed sativa dominent girls a couple years ago that similarly exhibited signs of foxtailing and fan leaf dieback, but where another 30 days, after the appearance of these conditions, from harvest based on trichome coloration. I confess it's that one experience that leads me to suggest they have some time to go still.

As mentioned, if you have a magnifier of some type (i.e. jewlers loop, microscope, etc..) that will allow you to acheive around a 60x magnification you can check with color of trichomes to better gauge maturity and proper time of harvest.

Be well and happy growing!

Thanks for the input guys. Think i'll invest in a micro scope and have a good look. Alot more of the leaves are starting to turn yellow now and they seem to be slowing down on drinking water and my ph levels are good. So could this be a sign of getting ready to finish

Back
Top Bottom