Up-potting and need to feed

Hobby420

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice/input into my current grow. I am growing in organic soil under 600 watt HIDs. This is only my second grow but learned a bunch in my first grow! In my last grow, I germinated and planted directly in 1L pots then transplanted into 7 gallon, where they finished. I started feeding way too early and ran into some toxicity issues. So, this time I am up-potting several times... 3 times so far and am currently in 3.5 gallon pots. My girls are 6 weeks old and seem to be doing great! My question is, should I start feeding them even though they are doing well or should I just continue on until I get them in their final pots and the natural fertilizers are depleted?

Thanks!
H420

As you are potting up gradually into larger pots each time & knowing that the soil/compost used has some nutrients in already you will more likely not need to feed with a standard grow/veg nutrient.

As these nutrients in the soil/compost may last a few to several weeks at best.

I'm not really sure what nutrients they use in preloaded soil/compost mix's i've never really found out as most of good info is left out you might get a EC rating with some brand name bags... but stuff mentioned for seedlings will have a lower dosage of nutrients in them when compared to a main potting mix as an example... tough area to cover really ?

I suspect you will be fine in till you start flowering.

I may use a micro nutrient bottle at half rate dosage you can get other stuff for seedlings early veg tho which is mainly very low NPK plus micro nutrients plus stuff or perhaps some cold pressed sea weed nutrients for vegging with soil/compost with nutrients in organic style but use at a slightly lower dosage.

If you're truly growing organic, you may never have to add artificial nutes. You don't get any toxic leftovers, and (I have read) no nute lockout.

It is organic but it is not super soil so there is little doubt I will need to feed during bloom. I used General Organics last time and didn't need to flush... Not even at the end!

Mandala Seeds has a nice soil guide on their page. Check it up. They say that their genetics are made so you don't have to use nutrients, transplanting should be enough. Check it out, it might give you an idea. IDK if I am allowed to post links but google will help.

Back
Top Bottom