Cleaning hydro tank

Sgtsativa

I couldn't find this in search.sorry

So I read to change the water every three weeks.
In a dwc hydro setup( still water tank with bubbler).i also read that roots shouldn't be exposed to light.
How am I supposed to clean the tank? Night vision goggles?
Or do I make a Drain on the bottom and cut a fill/nute adding hole on top with a cover?
Thanks

Night vision goggles?
:rofl:

Its ok to expose the roots to the light for a few minutes.
But for me, when I changed the nutrients, I empty the bucket and add only ph'd water for 24h (flush), then I remove it and put a new batch of nutrients mix.
I never really "clean" the bucket during a grow, it would be too difficult. :thumb:

you should bw changing nute mix every week atleast for optimal results. roots can be exposed to light for short periods. just fo a full clean at the end of each grow.

if you are running a sterile res just add h2o2 and that will keep nasties away. or adding beneficial bacterias does the same job at keeping nasties asay but also super charge the roots.

sooo... im more confused now then after 3 days of research. i cannot figure out the priciples of a rdwc system. there is a res. and buckets. ok. some kits i see only have pump in res. and one tube on bottom. then another has two tubes one on bottom one on top.
is the pump in the res and pumping to the next bucket then they overflow fill the next bucket? and the return line pulls in from the bottom line?is their a better setup for around the same price 250.oo ? i would like the pump not submerged and a filter before the pump. also will probably need a 350.00 dollar chiller or plenty of ice bottles . the two pumps and buckets and air supplies is about 100 bucks. is it worth it? would i be better off with some buckets dirt and nutes? i dont want to dick with dirt but...
s-l1600.jpg

rdwc is a great way to grow if you set it up correctly. a chiller is a must. using fozen bottles is a pain and water temps will fluctuate alot, plus you dont want the bottles touching roots of the plants.

whether the pump is submerged or not isnt a big deal, especially in a set up that size. its easy enough to pull any crap out that may block the pump. it wont be a problem as long as you keep set up clean.

I have been running DWC buckets for years and I do not run a chiller. My rez temps are 75f to 80f.

I use z7 water treatment and have not had any root issues for years. It also keeps everything clean.

That RDWC setup is not one I would recommend. You would save a lot of money making your own with better parts or just going DWC.

I run up to 12 buckets in four tents. That way I can run different stains at the same time and I can move the buckets from one tent to another as needed.

Back
Top Bottom