2017, Pstarsr, Hydro Grow, Cabinet, CFL & LED Mix, Bag Seed

Pstarsr

So I decided to start another journal, this time I will do a hydro grow. I have done this a couple times before in this box, it was originally delivered with hydroponics gear, but I have been using soil in it.

So I'm going for a 3 plant max hydro grow ( I only had 3 rapid rooter plugs ;) ) with bag seeds ( sour d most likely )

Veg ~
Two 14w CFLs 6500k bulbs
Two quazar 20w LEDs ( spot light type cob )
1 3000k 15w led strip ( no idea if that helps )

Flower ~
Two 23 watt CFL 2700k bulbs
Two quazar 20w LEDs
1 3000k 15w led strip

If these fail I will get a clone again, but I'm getting ancy to get something growing so I'm popping seeds again.

420-magazine-mobile1314332908.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1042377252.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: 2017 - Pstarsr - Hydro Grow - Cabinet - CFL & LED Mix - Bag Seed

OK, show me

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'll do my best sir, subbed your grow also

re: 2017 - Pstarsr - Hydro Grow - Cabinet - CFL & LED Mix - Bag Seed

What nutes are you gonna go with

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

RAW NPK nutes

Grow
Bloom
Cal/mag

420-magazine-mobile692022112.jpg

So two out of three have popped, one has a nice tap root.

I skipped the paper towel germination and just dropped the seeds into the rapid rooter plugs. Started to get worried last night, but this morning saw some life.

420-magazine-mobile405531640.jpg

So, I'm still not 100% sure the best time to turn on the lights. Most of the time I wait for leafs. This time I'm starting before, it's a bit cold here and I want the CFLs to get some heat in there. I could be screwing myself, completely realize this.

But oh well, live and learn.

420-magazine-mobile1391552867.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1862667245.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1085011642.jpg
420-magazine-mobile22936444.jpg

Hey P,
My basin is set up like yours. I culled one of my plants and then taped over the hole. I started to get some high water temps and could not figure it out until i got baked and everything started making sense. I took off the tape and elevated a piece of plastic covered with silver tape so the basin could vent and light still could not get in. Temps dropped 3-4 degrees. Thought i would save you any troubles.

Hey P,
My basin is set up like yours. I culled one of my plants and then taped over the hole. I started to get some high water temps and could not figure it out until i got baked and everything started making sense. I took off the tape and elevated a piece of plastic covered with silver tape so the basin could vent and light still could not get in. Temps dropped 3-4 degrees. Thought i would save you any troubles.

My covers are loose, basically net pot lids like on the other 3 but upside down. Water actually gets out slightly. I check daily and the waters always cool. But I will keep an eye on it, I didn't even think that no vent would start to cook the water. Good tip.
one seedling shed its husk, one I helped. One is looking sad, laying down taking a nap......... Might not make it.

So two had taken off pretty quick with decent roots showing out the bottom of the net pot. One was still lagging, but has no opened up.

I didn't want to starve the two that were ahead of the game so I started my feed schedule today.

Fingers crossed

420-magazine-mobile83341326.jpg

How many have you fit in your box before? I have three and man it's gonna be tight.

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

All but one grow so far ( 4 ) have been soil, so 1 plant.

I did a hydro with two at opposite corners and it was tight. I can't imagine all 6 going at once

Back
Top Bottom